FTC Says Unlimited Data with Throttling Is Not Unlimited

Unlimited data with throttling will no longer count as unlimited. The Federal Trade … more

Scan With Your Camera Using SimplyScan

If you often need to scan documents using your phone’s camera, make sure to check out … more

Hike Messenger Introduces Free VoIP Service

Hike is one of the few instant messengers that broke free from the pack andacquired a massiveuser … more

One Quarter of All Android Users Have Dual-SIM phones

Ever since the dual-SIM phone wasannounced, such devices became quite popular in many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2 Problem after screen replace

OP benjamin94

28th March 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
Hello Friends,

Ive got an quetion about my G2. My screen and LCD are broken. as you can see below.

As you can see both are broke. So i bought an brand new LG G2 Display unit (fully assembled.)

After the replacement my problem is still there? Can somebody of you tell me what's wrong?

Kind regards!
1st April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Rijssen
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
Nobody?!?
1st April 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 522

1,507 posts
More
Connector/PCB damage, maybe?
26th September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag Abbotsford, BC
Thanks Meter: 17

251 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin94

Hello Friends,

Ive got an quetion about my G2. My screen and LCD are broken. as you can see below.

As you can see both are broke. So i bought an brand new LG G2 Display unit (fully assembled.)

After the replacement my problem is still there? Can somebody of you tell me what's wrong?

Kind regards!

I just replaced mine and got the same results... before this the digitizer was broken but the display was still perfect. All ribbons seem to be connected properly, no visible damage...
26th September 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
get a different lcd. Be very careful not to put any pressure on the screen when putting it together. I don't even tape mine in. I destroyed the lcd once with just light pressure putting the back of the phone on and the digitizer was still good. Luckily I had accidently ordered 2 screens so my second one I was more careful.
25th January 2015, 12:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

125 posts
LG G2 broken after replacing screen
I just had the same problem, I don't think it's an issue with the screens, I think it's an issue with the video card or something.. I had bad digitizer, I first replaced just the digitizer as my LCD was fine, new digitizer had dead spot and I accidentally poked a hole in LCD. Had the black oooozz all over, but still worked and could see what you're doing, do I bought a assembled LCD, digitizer, and glass.. Replaced it and got a bunch of colored dots, put old screen back on, and it's now showing bunch of dots. I did notice I'm missing a pin on the phone's connector for LCD, not sure if it broke out when disconnecting old LCD or if it's supposed to be missing.

Did anyone get theirs fixed with me LCD or is the problem else where?

I noticed the internals were very similar to nexus 5, do they use same LCD or she connector, anything compatible there? I bent, wiggled, cracked old LCD and it still worked besides the black ooz, until I connected new assembly, so I'm thinking these LCD's are pretty durable and pressure on them didn't cause this issue.

Edit... Just looked up photo of connector, all pins are there.. Mine is missing 5th pin in from the right.. On bottom row..
should look like this

mine missing pin

Another edit...

I found the missing pin on my table, tiny thing, inserted it to connector, tossed a tad of silver solder on it,reconnected LCD ,works flawless!
Last edited by urhaxable; 25th January 2015 at 02:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread