Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery Life Discussion

OP Hardcore73

20th January 2015, 02:15 PM   |  #1271  
Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 113
 
656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Pretty good batterylife here... Using it constantly atm. Cloudy 2.1 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to magikmichael For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2015, 01:42 AM   |  #1272  
Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Ive found battery life horrendous after the lollipop update even after reset.
Cant wait for new phones to arrive march-may to change it.
22nd January 2015, 12:18 PM   |  #1273  
htcdesire26s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 28
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblack

Ive found battery life horrendous after the lollipop update even after reset.
Cant wait for new phones to arrive march-may to change it.

I've done 2 resets and now fone last 22 to 25 hours by time it gets to 15 % before used to last only 17 hours they shud update it make it more stable

get lag 2 opening apps messages about 2 second delay and some times I press the power button on back to look at time and it comes on and goes straight back off not enough time 2 check time

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd January 2015, 12:26 PM   |  #1274  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
As a new Android user, I would like to get your feedback on this battery usage. Is this decent?

ChupaChups ROM - Stock kernel
8% after 22 hours.
2:30 screen time

3G - Sync enabled all the time. 6 active widgets which are pulling data every 15 minutes
No phone/SMS usage, only some web browsing and tweaking settings like Nova, e-mail etc.

22 hours is a long time indeed but 2,5 hours on screen time isn't much but it almost drained the whole battery. Is this common?
23rd January 2015, 01:15 PM   |  #1275  
JohnRM's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Yeah, what is it with this switch phone on to get the time and it immediately switches off ? This happens on both KitKat and lollipop, and quite frequently.
23rd January 2015, 01:27 PM   |  #1276  
Saratoga79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ordizia Capital
Thanks Meter: 59
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tersagun

As a new Android user, I would like to get your feedback on this battery usage. Is this decent?

ChupaChups ROM - Stock kernel
8% after 22 hours.
2:30 screen time

3G - Sync enabled all the time. 6 active widgets which are pulling data every 15 minutes
No phone/SMS usage, only some web browsing and tweaking settings like Nova, e-mail etc.

22 hours is a long time indeed but 2,5 hours on screen time isn't much but it almost drained the whole battery. Is this common?

Not bad at all but ahould be better. Is the first battery cycle on Chupa Chups? Android Kit Kat or Lolly Pop? If this stats are for the fist battery cycle after flashing a Rom, post your stats a week later to compare. When you flash a new Rom/Kernel it needs a time to settle.
23rd January 2015, 02:47 PM   |  #1277  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga79

Not bad at all but ahould be better. Is the first battery cycle on Chupa Chups? Android Kit Kat or Lolly Pop? If this stats are for the fist battery cycle after flashing a Rom, post your stats a week later to compare. When you flash a new Rom/Kernel it needs a time to settle.

Thanks for the reply.
And it's been over a week with this ROM. It's 5.0.0 Lollipop ROM (20e).

It seems like screen isn't the only behemoth for battery usage. Even with minor screen usage, active background stuff may drain the battery relatively quick. Not sure why everyone uses screen-on-time to judge the battery performance.
23rd January 2015, 05:51 PM   |  #1278  
Saratoga79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ordizia Capital
Thanks Meter: 59
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tersagun

Thanks for the reply.
And it's been over a week with this ROM. It's 5.0.0 Lollipop ROM (20e).

It seems like screen isn't the only behemoth for battery usage. Even with minor screen usage, active background stuff may drain the battery relatively quick. Not sure why everyone uses screen-on-time to judge the battery performance.

You may check your wakelocks with Better Battery Stats or Gsam battery monitor.
Today, 01:47 AM   |  #1279  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Unfortunately , the battery is not the best in G3 as it was in G2.
I am curious if someone know if it's possible to buy a stronger battery
Today, 03:17 AM   |  #1280  
Marcovanbasten's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoarn

Unfortunately , the battery is not the best in G3 as it was in G2.
I am curious if someone know if it's possible to buy a stronger battery

Not enough curious to check the accessories section...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes