Six Alternative Browsers to Chrome for Android

Browsers are one of the most essential parts of smartphones. When the original iPhone came … more

Runtime Resource Overlay and CM12 Theme Engine

In light of Android’s possible future in Native Theming for AOSP code, developer Syko … more

Ease The Android Development on Windows with DroidShell

Installation of required Android tools for Windows can be a bit tedious. This tool by … more

Step-by-Step Android Development with No Experience

This great guide put together by a redditor shows you just how to get involved into the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Still great tablet

OP mohlin

20th June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I bought a used i815 because I can put my Sim card from phone into device. I use IP Groove for calls when I am using at the gym. No more phone tether. Screen is better than most of my newer Galaxy units. It is light and easy to carry. Used CM ROM upgrades and it is as good mid size table as there is.

Sent from my SCH-I815 using XDA Free mobile app
27th June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlin

I bought a used i815 because I can put my Sim card from phone into device. I use IP Groove for calls when I am using at the gym. No more phone tether. Screen is better than most of my newer Galaxy units. It is light and easy to carry. Used CM ROM upgrades and it is as good mid size table as there is.

Sent from my SCH-I815 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm still using my galaxy tab 7.7. Havent found a better replacement yet. And the Samsung Milk music app makes it even better. I connect it to my car via bluetooth to stram free music.

I also just bought a z1 compact. I switch between devices depending on where I go. But im so use to the 7.7 screeen. I prefer the tab. But irs awkward carrying this everywhere

The camera is dated though.
5th July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Talking very nice tab
I'm still using my galaxy tab 7.7 Haven't found a better replacement yet. maybe galaxy tab s
5th September 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #4  
skeeterpro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 135
 
918 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-bond

I'm still using my galaxy tab 7.7 Haven't found a better replacement yet. maybe galaxy tab s

The Tab S rocks. But......probably will never part with my 7.7!
16th September 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterpro

The Tab S rocks. But......probably will never part with my 7.7!

i have the Tab S, and though i naturally love it, the 7.7 is now permanently on my work desk for videos and such. reselling it for $120 just isn't worth it to let go. i'd love it a whole lot more if it would go into deep sleep though. my tab S is in standby for over a month while this 7.7 is literally 3 days or so
18th September 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #6  
fillyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo261

i have the Tab S, and though i naturally love it, the 7.7 is now permanently on my work desk for videos and such. reselling it for $120 just isn't worth it to let go. i'd love it a whole lot more if it would go into deep sleep though. my tab S is in standby for over a month while this 7.7 is literally 3 days or so

I have an SCH-815 running 4.2.2 and it's a piece of junk, everything is slow, it is very frustrating. I have tried several ROMs. My daughters Gtab 2 running 4.4.blows this thing away unfortunately.
26th September 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #7  
rayjr13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
927 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
$120 u say...might have to grab a second one. But i think if i did get another it would be the wifi only probably. one i815 is enough lol
Yesterday, 03:41 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag burlington, on
Thanks Meter: 76
 
863 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I have had this device since it first came out but I would not say it is still a great device - I don't use it anymore it is just too slow I have flashed the latest cm12 ROM and it is still very slow - its best feature was its screen but with the tab s there really is no reason to use this anymore - rest in peace it was the best but that was years ago

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes