OP Ohh_Trenton

8th January 2015, 06:48 AM   |  #1241  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 2,980

1,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
I wish I could still run this rom ;/ The Jig didn't work && I haven't had time to send the Note to MobileTech.

Currently on the Verizon S5 Verizon Note 3.. Safestrapped..
Last edited by Ohh_Trenton; 9th January 2015 at 10:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohh_Trenton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2015, 08:01 PM   |  #1242  
Thanks Meter: 54

173 posts
More
Does the newest build allow you to add/edit your APN settings? I am running the older 4.3 version of this ROM (build 8 or 9) and I can't edit my APN. I tried downloading the CSC.apk in the download mod section and created a priv-app folder in system (there wasn't one there) and put the CSC.apk in there and set permission on it and rebooted, but I'm still not able to edit the APN. Any tips from anyone to get it to work on this build? If not, can someone on the new build see if they can add an APN on the newest build? I'm traveling to Canada soon and want to be able to use my phone with another company SIM there when I arrive. Thanks!

EDIT: Please excuse my ignorance. The priv-app directory only comes in to play with KK devices where system apps need access to system services. The build I'm on is still the 4.3 (which I'll take to the grave) and I have found out that csc is in /system/app and the APN settings are unlocked when you insert a non-verizon SIM. By the way, I still love this ROM. I don't know if you still have build 8 or 9 available But I have the zip files on my SD card and could share if anyone is interested. The reason I always mention both is I'm thinking that build 9 is the build you forgot to update the build number and I'm seeing build 8 in the about phone, but it's actually B9. I could be mistaken though. I have both build 8 and 9 on my SD.
Last edited by mdbowman; 9th January 2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Found Resolution
13th January 2015, 07:24 PM   |  #1243  
Flag West Caldwell, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 13

61 posts
More
S Note?
Does anyone know how to replace the version of S Note on this ROM? I'd like to use either maybe the S Note from the Note 3 from a different Note 2 ROM on this one instead. Anyone know if this is possible?
20th January 2015, 10:12 PM   |  #1244  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh_Trenton

I wish I could still run this rom ;/ The Jig didn't work && I haven't had time to send the Note to MobileTech.

Will this run on ND7 with safetrap?
21st January 2015, 05:30 AM   |  #1245  

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide78

Will this run on ND7 with safetrap?

FYI It's running fine on ND7 with Safestrap. No wifi issues here at all. However, the notification panel color is an odd red so not sure if that is by design. Also, the resolution seems different which causes pixels to stand out more. Other than these two things so far I'm loving the ROM. I tried to put the Samsung Kids mode app on it but its crashing when setting up. It'd be nice to see Air Command and some of the newer Note apps. If anyone knows of a way to add Kids Mode and these other apps that would be fantastic. Thanks so much for all of the hard work.

RTR

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Also, when tapping the clock on the notification panel this crashes with a Samsung product not found error. This used to be where you set the alarm and clock settings so unsure what to do here.
22nd January 2015, 12:14 AM   |  #1246  
Thanks Meter: 80

805 posts
Does the latest version have air command?

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
22nd January 2015, 01:24 PM   |  #1247  
Thanks Meter: 80

805 posts
Xposed is not working at all
What gives
It won't install framework
22nd January 2015, 08:39 PM   |  #1248  

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo012

Does anyone know how to replace the version of S Note on this ROM? I'd like to use either maybe the S Note from the Note 3 from a different Note 2 ROM on this one instead. Anyone know if this is possible?

I'd like to know this too. It'd be nice to get some of the other apps like Kids Mode working too.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen777

Does the latest version have air command?

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

On the Kitkat (build 3), there isn't air command that I can tell. I'd also like to be able to customize the settings menu color scheme. I personally liked the S5 one better than this one.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosis

my nd7 firmware didn't play well with the rom causing me to have wifi issues. I've downgraded to mj9 firmware and the issue is gone so I don't recommend going that route...just my two cents.

ND7 is working perfectly for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to rolltide78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:07 PM   |  #1249  

59 posts
Color Scheme
Is there a way to change the color scheme from the red/brown to some other color on Build 3?
Today, 05:57 AM   |  #1250  
Thanks Meter: 99

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh_Trenton

Trent,

That stinks that the jig didn't work. I've been running TrentS5KKRomB2 for the last few days and I'm loving it. It runs super smooth with no UI lag and I really like the theme. I've got Viper4Android FX running on it and the music has never sounded better. I switched over to it because the 4.3 based ROM I was running didn't have proper support with Android Wear for my Sony Smartwatch 3.

This ROM's gonna be my daily driver for a long time I believe.

Thanks man!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, does anyone read these?, touchwiz, trents, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread