[Guide] A guide to KitKat

OP XxPixX

3rd January 2015, 03:21 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,069 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidSlave

You may get an error. The procedure in the OP was thought out for a reason so just follow it...

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I got the error. So I followed the procedure.
15th January 2015, 04:06 PM   |  #102  

1,069 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

-Flash Raw Kernel

Is there any alternative for the Raw Kernel? I think it might be giving me battery issues (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ied-3-t3003587).

Is there any way to use the 4.4 ROMs without flashing the raw kernel?
16th January 2015, 12:38 PM   |  #103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 529

669 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@rekills4

Is there any alternative for the Raw Kernel? I think it might be giving me battery issues (http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ied-3-t3003587).

If you flashed Raw kernel before flashing Lollipop then it is definitely not Raw kernel's fault. That kernel is only there temporarily (and is overwritten later on with the ROMs kernel) and only serves the purpose of giving you an SElinux compatible recovery.

There are other ways to flash Lollipop. Instead of flashing Raw kernel then you can flash any Android 4.3 ROM and from there you can flash Lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to XxPixX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2015, 03:54 PM   |  #104  

1,069 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxPixX

If you flashed Raw kernel before flashing Lollipop then it is definitely not Raw kernel's fault. That kernel is only there temporarily (and is overwritten later on with the ROMs kernel) and only serves the purpose of giving you an SElinux compatible recovery.

There are other ways to flash Lollipop. Instead of flashing Raw kernel then you can flash any Android 4.3 ROM and from there you can flash Lollipop.

I want to flash 4.4 ROMs actually, now 5.0.

Also if it's get replaced why am I still having battery issues?
16th January 2015, 04:09 PM   |  #105  
Flag Simi Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 4,379

5,588 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@rekills4

I want to flash 4.4 ROMs actually, now 5.0.

Also if it's get replaced why am I still having battery issues?

Download betterbatterystats

This isn't a battery support thread. There is a thread for that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1878828

[HELP CENTER] How to prevent handle wakelocks save battery life[GUIDE] [β]

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
Last edited by AndroidSlave; 16th January 2015 at 05:58 PM.
24th January 2015, 10:22 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Info 2 It is fixed.
"Sometimes whilst listening to music, the track freezes and I can no longer access it.
KitKat for our device has a bug in it where this happens. There is NO fix for this. Only a reboot will allow you to access the file again.
Refer to this thread for more information

Sometimes whilst copying files from my computer, the copying process stops.
This is the same issue as the above one with the music bug. One way to copy files without a problem is to reboot to recovery, go to mounts and storage and go for "mount USB storage". Copying through recovery is stable."

This is known as the FPBug, a bug that randomly corrupts random processes at Floating Point level. This kernel exists in all kernels from Android versions 4.x.x.

This fix can simply be resolved by flashing a fpbug fixed kernel. One Kernel with fpbugfix merged is Forest Kernel.

If this has been mentioned already, I apologise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarhymn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 06:09 AM   |  #107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 529

669 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarhymn

"Sometimes whilst listening to music, the track freezes and I can no longer access it.
KitKat for our device has a bug in it where this happens. There is NO fix for this. Only a reboot will allow you to access the file again.
Refer to this thread for more information

Sometimes whilst copying files from my computer, the copying process stops.
This is the same issue as the above one with the music bug. One way to copy files without a problem is to reboot to recovery, go to mounts and storage and go for "mount USB storage". Copying through recovery is stable."

This is known as the FPBug, a bug that randomly corrupts random processes at Floating Point level. This kernel exists in all kernels from Android versions 4.x.x.

This fix can simply be resolved by flashing a fpbug fixed kernel. One Kernel with fpbugfix merged is Forest Kernel.

If this has been mentioned already, I apologise.

Thanks, I was aware of this just forgot to update the guide, thanks for reminding me

I'll try and update the thread (list of KK ROMs) and update it for Lollipop too as it is basically the same procedure.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread