Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Z1, Z1C & Z1S 8th Edition - Camera Mod Higher Quality, Faster, Better.

OP Chocolatetrain

22nd January 2015, 08:31 PM   |  #1431  
OP Senior Member
Flag Loughborough
Thanks Meter: 480

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowjony

@Chocolatetrain it improved so much, I even like the Z1 again lol !!! By the way, I use interactive governor and I use xposed for other functionalities, not for the superuser mod even if xposed has nothing to do with your mod, camera was lagging like 3~7s and sometimes even around 8~15 seconds! Sometimes the camera wouldn't open, I was so mad, because some pictures should be taken fast or you lose the opportunity forever lol

Lol okay fair enough
24th January 2015, 05:56 AM   |  #1432  
Thanks Meter: 71

609 posts
More
Camera FV-5 allows more manual control and allows you to take pictures in PNG or RAW (if you are running Lollipop) format, the quality is just awesome and better than this mod. However no video recording. Go take a look at it.

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Free mobile app
24th January 2015, 04:40 PM   |  #1433  
OP Senior Member
Flag Loughborough

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll99

Camera FV-5 allows more manual control and allows you to take pictures in PNG or RAW (if you are running Lollipop) format, the quality is just awesome and better than this mod. However no video recording. Go take a look at it.

That's because you can save it as png, which is different to dng (raw) and png is still a compression method and therefore isn't raw, (my bad if it does support actual raw) but anyway our lollipop port doesn't work well with the new camera api anyway, if it is actual raw.
Last edited by Chocolatetrain; 24th January 2015 at 06:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolatetrain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:24 AM   |  #1434  

609 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatetrain

That's because you can save it as png, which is different to dng (raw) and png is still a compression method and therefore isn't raw, (my bad if it does support actual raw) but anyway our lollipop port doesn't work well with the new camera api anyway, if it is actual raw.

You are telling me the obvious, my point is PNG is better than JPG. And Sony is releasing the official Lollipop update for all Z devices. So at the moment, the best option to obtain maximum quality is to use PNG format.

Yesterday, 04:00 PM   |  #1435  
OP Senior Member
Flag Loughborough

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You are telling me the obvious, my point is PNG is better than JPG. And Sony is releasing the official Lollipop update for all Z devices. So at the moment, the best option to obtain maximum quality is to use PNG format.

Do comparisons, also, that's not obvious. From my experience, the stock camera has better colours and a more bright photo overall, so it depends on your usage.
Yesterday, 04:45 PM   |  #1436  

609 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatetrain

Do comparisons, also, that's not obvious. From my experience, the stock camera has better colours and a more bright photo overall, so it depends on your usage.

By "obvious" I was referring to the Lollipop port (Please learn some good English). From my experience, Camera FV-5 and OpenCamera takes better photos.

Yesterday, 04:57 PM   |  #1437  
OP Senior Member
Flag Loughborough

647 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

By "obvious" I was referring to the Lollipop port (Please learn some good English). From my experience, Camera FV-5 and OpenCamera takes better photos.

Please learn some good English hahahaha okay, irony right there for you

The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolatetrain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread