OP Jijonhyuni

13th January 2015, 06:08 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 369

863 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.Krause

I have been racking my brain on this for a while now. I just got my Galaxy Gear for Christmas. I upgraded to Tizen the same day. Thought I bricked it and my wife was going to kill me.. Frankly I cant figure why anyone would want to use Android. I literally counted all the apps available for mine... there was 27. Anyways, back on track. I want to downgrade so I can install TWRP and run Null. Someone stop me if there's a way to do it without downgrading. My problem is since the upgrade Odin no longer detects my Gear. I can't flash anything. When I try it gives me a message that says 0 failed, 0 completed. Currently I am running NF1, the latest version of Tizen as far as I know. If anyone has any ideas please help. Thanks.

A bit confused, you can't figure out why anyone would want to run android, yet you want to put null on, which is android...

Regardless, if you want to use android then follow the guide and use Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2015, 09:28 PM   |  #142  
SyDnEy
Thanks Meter: 10

412 posts
More
Use tizen you have a lot apps, and a lot battery life...
13th January 2015, 09:53 PM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Odin doesn't detect my Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducter

A bit confused, you can't figure out why anyone would want to run android, yet you want to put null on, which is android...

Regardless, if you want to use android then follow the guide and use Odin.

My thought is that Null would allow me to use the Google Play Store giving me access to more that 27 apps. Unless I'm doing something wrong, 27 apps just doesn't seem right. Half of them are fitness apps which I don't really use. That leaves about a dozen apps to browse through. I believe Samsung was boasting aver 1000. I don't see it. There were hundreds, maybe thousands of apps available once I upgraded to Tizen. That and the visual appeal of the launcher is a hundred times better in my opinion. All that said, as far as I know neither the original Android OS or Tizen allow the Google Play Store, nor can they tether an internet connection over Bluetooth. Also Novelauncher looks appealing. Hence my interest in Null. You say follow the guide and use Odin, but if you read my last post Odin doesn't detect my Gear. So I seem to be stuck. I am happy with the watch as is, but we are here because we all like to toy with our portable devices. I am an android fan but the lack of apps avalable and the one icon no background launcher turned me to Tizen. Still looking for an answer if anyone has any ideas. Thanks again.
14th January 2015, 02:07 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 369

863 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.Krause

My thought is that Null would allow me to use the Google Play Store giving me access to more that 27 apps. Unless I'm doing something wrong, 27 apps just doesn't seem right. Half of them are fitness apps which I don't really use. That leaves about a dozen apps to browse through. I believe Samsung was boasting aver 1000. I don't see it. There were hundreds, maybe thousands of apps available once I upgraded to Tizen. That and the visual appeal of the launcher is a hundred times better in my opinion. All that said, as far as I know neither the original Android OS or Tizen allow the Google Play Store, nor can they tether an internet connection over Bluetooth. Also Novelauncher looks appealing. Hence my interest in Null. You say follow the guide and use Odin, but if you read my last post Odin doesn't detect my Gear. So I seem to be stuck. I am happy with the watch as is, but we are here because we all like to toy with our portable devices. I am an android fan but the lack of apps avalable and the one icon no background launcher turned me to Tizen. Still looking for an answer if anyone has any ideas. Thanks again.

Try running Odin as admin if you are not, assuming it's not a driver issue seeing you were able to use it previously without issue. A different cable maybe? NF1 shouldn't have an impact on anything as that's the version you need to be on to flash skin's mod.

You are trying all this from download mode correct? Holding the power button to you see rebooting, then pressing it several times to get the boot menu? Also, USB debugging turned on?
14th January 2015, 02:54 PM   |  #145  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinsie

Use tizen you have a lot apps, and a lot battery life...

I do like the longer battery life of Tizen. That may be what brings me back. I hope not. I guess I will find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducter

Try running Odin as admin if you are not, assuming it's not a driver issue seeing you were able to use it previously without issue. A different cable maybe? NF1 shouldn't have an impact on anything as that's the version you need to be on to flash skin's mod.

You are trying all this from download mode correct? Holding the power button to you see rebooting, then pressing it several times to get the boot menu? Also, USB debugging turned on?

It's always something stupid. I didn't have USB debugging turned on. I will try again when I get home. Thank you so much for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay.Krause For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2015, 02:53 AM   |  #146  

7 posts
Odin doesn't detect my Gear
Well it's still a no go. I turned on my USB debugging and I still get the same issue. I have been running Odin in admin mode and my Gear is in download mode. I have tried different USB ports and cables. If I remember correctly Odin will detect the device that's plugged in. Mine isn't detecting anything. I don't remember if windows detected it before. If it did it doesn't now. Which would lead me to believe its a driver issue, but I have reinstalled them just in case. Still nothing. It looks like I might be giving up soon. I've been on this for weeks. I'm willing to give it one last good try if any one has any more ideas.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

OK so Kies doesn't detect my Gear either. This seems like a driver issue to me. The drivers I have are "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones". This is all I could find, plus my Gear was detected before so I figured they were right. I can't find anything else. If these are wrong does anyone have a link to the right ones?

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Oh...My...God... So just for the heck of it I went and dug out a fourth cable from my drawer of electronic junk and it works. I can't believe that the first three cables I used were actually the problem. They charged it just fine so I figured they were good. The fourth one is newer, maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway... It works. Thanks for all the feed back.
Yesterday, 07:23 PM   |  #147  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1,539

1,358 posts
Donate to Me
Worked fine for me.
Had to flash everything twice

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread