LG G3 - Device Model Variants [17 Mar 2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

robertdcarrington

Aug 25, 2014

Hey guys,

Im hoping someone could help me.

Im looking to buy the phone on ebay and it is the d855 but to make sure i sent a message asking if its the UK version they replied and said it was the Asian version. I just want to know if I am okay still going ahead with the purchase or are there differences?

Cheers,
Rob.

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Hey guys,

Im looking to buy the phone on ebay and it is the d855 but to make sure i sent a message asking if its the UK version they replied and said it was the Asian version. I just want to know if I am okay still going ahead with the purchase or are there differences?

Cheers,
Rob.

AFAIK the D855 is the so called international version. Other UK located persons like @jaythenut also have the D855. If it is a D855, I really assume it's the international version. Check this overview on how much countries the D855 is available.

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Rob.

I was told by LG that if I had a problem with my phone it would have to be sent back to the country it was bought from for repair so that is something to bare in mind also.

I paid a little more to get one from Carphone Warehouse so I would have that extra peace of mind.

dex.

Aug 17, 2010
I got mine from Amazon.de and shipped to the UK. If a repair is needed then I would pay the postage back to Germany and Amazon would refund the costs. The black 32GB is down to 499 Euros on Amazon.de now...

meanstreet

Feb 13, 2012
Canadian G3
Model d852 carrier MTS
3G RAM 32GB internal

Debating about returning it through MTS's 14 day device exchange policy for a S5, after some researching there isn't much custom roms yet compared to the S5.

Last edited:

freejess

Jul 11, 2008
LG G3 D858 dual sim

Hello!
I am very interested in the LG G3 D858 dual sim.
I wanted to know if it exists with 4G LTE 1800.2600 and 800 because I found an Australian site that claims it did (http://cameraparadise.com/Buy-LG-G3-Dual-Sim-4G-LTE- 32GB-D858-Mobile-Phone-48855.html) I am surprised at the frequency of 800 ...
If not can you tell me which site to buy this phone ...
I live in France, thank you

MisterRio

Jan 26, 2010
Zaandstad
Is it possible to update this list with locked/unlocked bootloader info?

I saw some CM development and got real excited, only to find out that this was only for T-mobile US version (unlocked bootloader) and thus not for D855 (locked). Damn..

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Is it possible to update this list with locked/unlocked bootloader info?

I saw some CM development and got real excited, only to find out that this was only for T-mobile US version (unlocked bootloader) and thus not for D855 (locked). Damn..

Unfortunately the unlocked bootloader list would be very short: D851 (T-Mobile USA)
What a pitty, all other variants are locked. Dear neighbor, I also have the D855 and we are hoping that we hopefully get it unlocked, maybe with the tool Sunshine. If so, we would probably have to 25 USD. Let's see.

100dedo

Jan 15, 2011
Vs985 in brazil

Hi everybody.

The version vs985 working 3g in the brazil? My cellphone Carrier is VIVO.
I buy this cellphone but I dont know if is right choice.

Sorry for My bad english.
Thanks.

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
What I'd like to see in this post is hardware differences between each model which makes one ROM compatible with another device.

Which devices pair with eachother? All I know is that the AT&T version uses PMA charging as does the Canadian version and what's already known.

So what makes it that a D855 ROM doesn't work on a D852? A D850 ROM doesn't work on a D851? etc.

@AdairJunior

May 27, 2011
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Hello buddies.

I own the Brazilian D855P variant, but it's costomized by carrier. I wish to know how to reinstall the original factory ROM without its damn carrier customization, but I didn't find even the necessary files... Any help wolud be apreciated.

XblackshadowX

Nov 2, 2011
Carolina
D850pr claro lg g3

Pease i need help my phone is having trouble with the 4g lte it wont take 4g lte i need the stock firmware for the LG G3 D850PR CLARO SO I CAN factory reset i cant find it anywhere please HELP :(

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Pease i need help my phone is having trouble with the 4g lte it wont take 4g lte i need the stock firmware for the LG G3 D850PR CLARO SO I CAN factory reset i cant find it anywhere please HELP :(

Heya.
You can use this thread or that thread (caution, use G3 files!) using the LG Flash Tool.
And if I remember right, I once used the LG PC Suite. My way (as far as I remember) was only connecting the device correctly to the PC via USB cable, the software recognized the device, offered me to download the latest firmware and after the slow download finished, the device was flashed, rebooted and all was done.

Reactions: imtoomuch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts