Ask a question

No registration required

[RECOVERY][DESIRE HD] TWRP 2.8.1.2 && CWM 6.0.5.1 - UNOFFICIAL

OP jrior001

18th January 2015, 09:08 AM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Hi DrPatron
Thanks for the tip of using the Windroid Toolkit..
Sadly it was not success. When the Windroid Toolkit opened the text file to show the token, the word Error was displayed.
The DHD was rooted more than four years ago, and I don't recall ever getting the token. I do recall it was a long process and took a long time. I do remember getting the token for the One S of my wife.
The DHD is rooted (apps that need root work OK), and it has S-Off.
I wonder if I have to go back to stock etc?
My son has been using the DHD, and it is a quality device - unmarked after all this time and use.
Regards
Tim
19th January 2015, 06:14 AM   |  #122  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 263

372 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsnjs

Hi DrPatron
Thanks for the tip of using the Windroid Toolkit..
Sadly it was not success. When the Windroid Toolkit opened the text file to show the token, the word Error was displayed.
The DHD was rooted more than four years ago, and I don't recall ever getting the token. I do recall it was a long process and took a long time. I do remember getting the token for the One S of my wife.
The DHD is rooted (apps that need root work OK), and it has S-Off.
I wonder if I have to go back to stock etc?
My son has been using the DHD, and it is a quality device - unmarked after all this time and use.
Regards
Tim

One way or another, your bootloader will be UNLOCKED by the end of the day. If you read the description sort of carefully.

It is Chinese method, Although i don't know chinese but if you follow it step by step then it would be much easier to both of us. Simply follow icon way, and do it. Completely safe and i've done this plenty of time. With this you can even Relock and Unlock bootloader later as well. But keep in mind, it will wipe everything, so make a backup first if possible. That's it.

Source: http://www.mgyun.com/
link: http://products.mgyun.com/api/downjump?id=1991

Download above given "link". It's a tool which will Unlock bootloader of your device. After install in on your PC, Run it.
Once tool loads, connect your device. and it should display as Desire HD connected. Go ahead and follow onscreen instructions. Everything will be in chinese so if anywhere you don't understand then follow Symbol of icon.

Afterwards click on Settings icon which should be somewhere on top row last icon. Once you're in Settings, then click on LOCK sign. It will take few moment and will ask you to continue. Go ahead and click it. As soon as you continue, your device will reboot and Some instruction will pop-up related with Bootloader.

Use Volume rocker Up or Down to scroll and Power button to select. Once that done, your device will reboot and you've ***UNLOCKED*** Bootloader.

eNjoy.
19th January 2015, 08:13 PM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Hi Dr.patron.
Thanks for your reply.
I solved the problem by downloading and using the Flashify app.
I put the TWRP .img 2.8.1.2 file onto the phone, then used Flashify to install it.
Worked perfectly and the old phone is now running Lollipop!
Kind regards
Tim
Sent using XDA Free mobile app
22nd January 2015, 05:46 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 135

1,562 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsnjs

Hi Dr.patron.
Thanks for your reply.
I solved the problem by downloading and using the Flashify app.
I put the TWRP .img 2.8.1.2 file onto the phone, then used Flashify to install it.
Worked perfectly and the old phone is now running Lollipop!
Kind regards
Tim
Sent using XDA Free mobile app

Although you troubleshot the prob with flashify. .its still advisable you learn adb and fastboot commands via a PC. Sometimes our devices aren't accessible, and issuing cmds via a PC is helpful. I'm not being rude FYI, just letting you know. I had to learn the cmd prompts on my own. Google"command list for android debug and fast boot commands" then u will be godlike lol.
25th January 2015, 12:47 PM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Hello I successfully installed twrp 2.8.1.2 using flashify (coming from cwm 5.x.x)
When I try to wipe sd-ext I get this error:
block device not present cannot wipe sd-ext"

Backup - restore functions work.

What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
25th January 2015, 12:56 PM   |  #126  
Thanks Meter: 513

1,042 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechano

Hello I successfully installed twrp 2.8.1.2 using flashify (coming from cwm 5.x.x)
When I try to wipe sd-ext I get this error:
block device not present cannot wipe sd-ext"

Backup - restore functions work.

What am I doing wrong?

You probably don't have an sd-ext partition. Did you ever partition your sdcard for use as additional app storage using apps such as Link2SD?
25th January 2015, 01:21 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjand

You probably don't have an sd-ext partition. Did you ever partition your sdcard for use as additional app storage using apps such as Link2SD?

No I didn't.
Can I ignore this or shall I do anything about it?

25th January 2015, 10:42 PM   |  #128  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 7,426

1,868 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechano

No I didn't.
Can I ignore this or shall I do anything about it?

Just ignore the whole partition if you haven't partitioned your sdcard. It's not required, just something some people like to do in attempt to get more space for apps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread