[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.4] [3.4 kernel] [Nightlies] With /data/media

Search This thread

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Last kitkat build is posted in releases instead of night lies on evervolv.com

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks - I had downloaded from the ROM updater , as I had done about every month until October so did not know things had changed. After it blew up, I then got caught up with the threads - lol.

I see a 1-23 release so will be trying that one soon. Going to wai on 5.0 getting a bit more stable and then will adjust partitions with the toolbox and then give them a try.

masdacheri

Nov 7, 2010
Night lies are lollipop. Last kit kat release is in first post.

I was tested last kit Kat release in first post its an noise pixel of color..white noise colors on shadows.. It was that after nightly 2014-08-01..so I just use that version nightly coz it was no noise of pixel shadows.. Thx

cleverdicky

Sep 11, 2011
Sunny England. UK
Hi Guys, sorry for stupid question but Im a little stuck.
Installed this rom and basic gaps but Ive got no explorer. I did a full wipe and cleared cache etc before install so all my old stuff is gone.
But I do have back up apps in a folder on my sdcard. Its just there are no file explorer apps in the rom which will allow me to browse folders and install anything or other apps.
Ive got terminal window but that harks back to dos days and something I just dont have confidence using. (even if its usable)
So after a clean install how do you get round the problem?
Is there a file explorer that can install from recovery perhaps?

Last edited:

MIKEYSAKZ

Dec 30, 2012
Well yeah I would, but wifi key is in a file I cant get to or open.

Just connect to computer to open file and read passkey and if not you can download team blackouts version of es file explorer or one of the many file explorer apps available here in xda listed in the android development and app forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

cleverdicky

Sep 11, 2011
Sunny England. UK
Just connect to computer to open file and read passkey and if not you can download team blackouts version of es file explorer or one of the many file explorer apps available here in xda listed in the android development and app forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

I have already copied over the apps I need to install, from pc back-ups. Just cant get to the folder to run them to install from tablet.
Also I had really hoped to get away from installing googles play store. It really can be an unnecessary bloat on resources

Last edited:
H

heavytull

I tried this rom, it seems to boot well and hangs with the animated "evervolv" logo keeping animated. With adb shell login, I get the following by dmesg. The same lines execpt for the time in parenthesis keep repeating every 7 seconds.
Code:
<6>[  232.259429] lsm303dlh_acc_sysfs: hw init start
<6>[  232.261138] lsm303dlh_acc_sysfs: hw init done
<6>[  232.454620] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 232430723847 (2017-04-23 18:15:39.868700246 UTC)
<6>[  232.959350] msm_release_control: control0
<6>[  232.959381] __msm_release, open count =0
<6>[  232.959381] __msm_release, vfe_release
<6>[  232.959381] __msm_release: draining queue pict
<6>[  232.959411] __msm_release: draining queue event
<6>[  232.959411] __msm_release: completed
<6>[  232.959442] msm_release_control: draining queue control
<6>[  232.959442] msm_release_control, completed
<7>[  233.218383] SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

problem solved. It seems it was a dirty flash. I wiped the data partition and it ran correctly. I tried kitkat pac release previously.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4.4).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    Updated 4-4-14
    • Bluetooth working --Still a WIP as some devices don't connect
    • Camera working --Still a WIP as the camcorder records in blue and a few minor issues
    • home key doesn't turn device on need to use power button--FIXED in the next nightly should be 4-5-2014
    • Battery draw around 50mA in sleep
    • Some experience SOD when hotword detect is active
    • Location service has stopped with Googles update looking into now
    You tell me what you find.
    4G Models are not currently supported

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
    (Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
    If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

No more nightlies Moved to 5.0 Lollipop

ev_tenderloin-1-23-15 Last and final for 4.0 -> Fix netflix

FLINTMAN-TWRP-touch-data_media-SELINUX-2.7.1.0-6-7-2014.zip
    --This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
    with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    --Broke Vibration as i updated kernel.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
    Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time
    New update today a lot of changes finally switch over to a newer 3.4 kernel. I have been running for a month now.

Hey,

Wanted to update everyone on Evervolv's progress. We have gotten to a point now with 5.0 where its' building. There has been a good amount of work that has gone into this (Elginsk8r big thanks). Going to start on working on getting the TP running 5.0. I have no ETA but i would like to have something booted by weeks end. Once i get something that is somewhat stable (maybe some features not working) ill start a new lollipop thread. Just wanted to have everyone sitting on the edge of there seats awaiting 8). I'm iching to have it booted up. Ill let you know how it's going.

Thanks
    Flintman
    Ok just wanted to update everyone. I'm currently testing out some wifi, audio, and inkernel mpdecision. Hopefully this will take care of any of the rouge issues out there. Once i'm happy with it ill post a test build before moving it into the nighties.