FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Battery Life Discussion

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By Hardcore73, Senior Member on 30th June 2014, 04:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th January 2015, 11:15 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb1995

Here you go. I've written this up pretty quickly and whatnot. I've included sources and google is your friend . Let me know if you have any questions. PM if you want so we can keep the thread on topic.

Edit:

To install better battery stats on the watch install the app normally like you would. After that go to your phone which has BBS installed and navigate to /system/priv-app and grab the BBS "base.apk." On the watch you must place it in the same folder /system/priv-app with a file manager and then reboot.

It's almost pointless because you can't see anything unless you change the "thumbnail size" and "medium font size" to the lowest values under settings -> customize views.

At least you can see percentages and export the stats.

Awesome, thanks.

I don't have time atm, but I will def f up my watch this weekend. I thought the Snapdragon 400 was a quad core, and realize that we only get to use 1 of the cores. I wonder how things would run if you woke them all up for "ond" ? battery drain? faster wake time?

I'm very anxious to try these scripts out and get the most out of my watch.

9th January 2015, 06:28 PM |#162  
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhaides

Awesome, thanks.

I don't have time atm, but I will def f up my watch this weekend. I thought the Snapdragon 400 was a quad core, and realize that we only get to use 1 of the cores. I wonder how things would run if you woke them all up for "ond" ? battery drain? faster wake time?

I'm very anxious to try these scripts out and get the most out of my watch.

According to BBS I get about 3.3% drain while idle. That is with everything greenified and only using it for notifications. While I was using it for gps and playing music (music controls were up on my watch) It was at about 5.5%/hour, still not too bad.

Things do run really smooth though. There isn't really any GUI lag at all. Browsing the web with Wear Internet Browser works perfect and the pages render quickly. Very cool
11th January 2015, 12:53 AM |#163  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 189

More

Tilt screen to turn on switched off, Preview cards switched off and brightness at 1.

At night I keep it on to use as a sleep tracker app and switch off Screen always on.
18th January 2015, 01:19 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Update: after getting horrible battery life in the past few weeks, I'm getting today around 24 hours with Ambient Mode On & Card Previews & Tilt.

My guess is probably an update in the Google Search and Maps App. And maybe, because I blocked the Google Messanger SMS app.
19th January 2015, 06:14 PM |#165  

More
Nexus 4 and Sony T3 rate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarelyamson

Anyone any idea of the impact to the phones battery when connected to a watch all day?
My Nexus 5 battery life is pretty poor anyway, just wondering how it will cope when connected to the wearable!?
Ta

My frist atempt with the Nexus 4 and Brazil LG Gwatch (LG GWatch is a bit different here);
LG Nexus 4 has a very poor batery, and with the bt always on ... never reach a 24h!!!
Now I have a Sony T3, "stamina" and phone reach 48h without the watch and 30~36h always on...
With the stck ROM in T3, with the stamina mode ON, when the phone reach 30% they will cut BT and other things to a minimal uses, is very useful when you forgot the charger, but the "watch" will stay dead like stone!!!!
21st January 2015, 08:41 PM |#166  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.mtt

My frist atempt with the Nexus 4 and Brazil LG Gwatch (LG GWatch is a bit different here);
LG Nexus 4 has a very poor batery, and with the bt always on ... never reach a 24h!!!
Now I have a Sony T3, "stamina" and phone reach 48h without the watch and 30~36h always on...
With the stck ROM in T3, with the stamina mode ON, when the phone reach 30% they will cut BT and other things to a minimal uses, is very useful when you forgot the charger, but the "watch" will stay dead like stone!!!!

what are the changes on the brazilian version?
26th January 2015, 03:29 AM |#167  

More
My watch is on for 15 or more hours and stays around 80 % battery at the end of the day
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread