Xiaomi Mi4 Launched in India

Xiaomi’s Mi3 and Redmi Note handsets were met with roaring enthusiasm in India,thousands of piecesbeing … more

LG G3 Stock Camera Mod v7

If you want to extend your G3’s camera capabilities, check out this new modded camera application that will … more

Ultrasecure Blackphone Had Security Vulnerability

What was touted to be an impenetrable monolithic staple in Android security has just had a … more

LG Dumps Glass, Adopts Plastic for All Future Screens

LG has been incorporating plastic OLED displays in some of its latest and upcoming … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD]Android L SoftKeys

OP wytecaztle

20th January 2015, 06:21 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Help
Hey I just did this and I want to go back to original stock without this mod how do I revert back?? Help
20th January 2015, 01:53 PM   |  #12  
Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,331

4,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarshtc

Hey I just did this and I want to go back to original stock without this mod how do I revert back?? Help

If you didn't make a backup beforehand you can dirty flash your ROM.
24th January 2015, 06:46 AM   |  #13  

3 posts
How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

If you didn't make a backup beforehand you can dirty flash your ROM.

How do I dirty flash it and where can I get to from I have the sprint version of the m8 with harman kardon and I'm running 4.4.3
24th January 2015, 02:54 PM   |  #14  
Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL

4,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarshtc

How do I dirty flash it and where can I get to from I have the sprint version of the m8 with harman kardon and I'm running 4.4.3

Stock rooted ROM's can be found in the first post of the thread linked below. Choose the ROM software version that matches the software version of the ROM you currently have installed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173

To dirty flash, simply choose the advanced wipe option in TWRP, and wipe only Dalvik cache & cache. Flash the ROM afterwards. If you run into issues after flashing the ROM, you'll need to do a clean install (system & data wipe from recovery) of the ROM.
24th January 2015, 05:03 PM   |  #15  

3 posts
Quote:

Stock rooted ROM's can be found in the first post of the thread linked below. Choose the ROM software version that matches the software version of the ROM you currently have installed.

To dirty flash, simply choose the advanced wipe option in TWRP, and wipe only Dalvik cache & cache. Flash the ROM afterwards. If you run into issues after flashing the ROM, you'll need to do a clean install (system & data wipe from recovery) of the ROM.

Thanks but it didn't work it said it failed and after it said that I cleaned the cache and it said successful but when I opened the phone it's still the same idk what I'm doing wrong but if it doesn't work I may just ruu to fix everything

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Wait do I need the firmware or the ota file? I got the firmware file of my version and it didn't work and can it be because I'm on a different rom? I'm using viperone /venomone rom

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:

I think I found the problem when u try to open the zip file it keeps saying cannot open bad zip or something like that... Do u know how to fix that? Thanks
24th January 2015, 07:52 PM   |  #16  
Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL

4,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like you need to update your recovery version. Having said that, since you're on Viper, just go into the Venom hub and download the Android L soft keys. If I recall correctly there is an option in that mod to go back to stock. It's under Add-ons>Other in the downloads menu.
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 24th January 2015 at 07:56 PM.
25th January 2015, 10:47 PM   |  #17  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 6

82 posts
More
Does anyone have the image or icon files for these? I can go just load up the image files in Viper Tweaks.
25th January 2015, 10:56 PM   |  #18  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 6

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalan

Will this work with viper?

We should be able to change the icons through Viper Tweaks using only the images. The option is located under under the Buttons page. Look at the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-25-13-51-56.png
Views:	62
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	3133621  
26th January 2015, 04:59 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 80

2,484 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amer28

We should be able to change the icons through Viper Tweaks using only the images. The option is located under under the Buttons page. Look at the attached image.

6 months later haha thanks anyway!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread