Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

(ROM) MegaFire Mj2 Deodex i9205 V22/V20X Lightning Fast/Smooth As Ice

OP megalomanic14

24th January 2015, 05:15 PM   |  #2721  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo2000

Yes it was me both times, sorry I didn't think that my first message went through so I commented again, I wasn't trying to be annoying. Thanks for letting me know, and I really work you good luck on this whole situation!

Thanks man I Def appreciate it...talk about a mess lol....no worries about the dupe just wasn't sure...yea I know some guys flashed mf a ways back but had issues with the radio after...if you ever run across a sprint basic deodex I'm more than happy to build you a MegaKat or megafire

Mega
Yesterday, 12:46 PM   |  #2722  
Guys so I know there's been a bit of uproar the last couple days...hopefully everything over and done with....And no no worries I am not gonna stop developing for the mega...my gf and i just got home and I had a bunch of pms over the last few hours from several people. No worries fellas...it's not the end of the world. That being said let's call this an end of it and drop it from here on out...

I just wanted to clear the air after some of the pms I got. All I ask is like i have posted in the op...if you dig the builds or need a help/pointers about development just pm me, there's no need for any nonsense I have no issues helping you guys out as should be clear by now after 2 years lol...anyway on to the important business at hand lol

I need anyone that's used any of the newer base stock kit kat builds to give me a reco for which on they think is best cuz as we all know newest doesn't always mean best with stock kit lol

Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to megalomanic14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:16 PM   |  #2723  
Just a heads up for all the 4.2.2 MegaFire fans out there...

Fellas you guys know I'm a huge proponent for sticking with whatever Android version suits you best... be it 4.2.2 MegaFire or 4.4.2 Megakat but I feel I have to give you guys a heads up...

There have been some indications and hints that many developers will cease supporting pre kit kat era apps and builds as we transition to lollipop and the mess of aarch32 and aarch64 fragmenting that's about to occur with the next Gen of hw and fw... that pre a53/a57 based cpu soc will not be capable of...which is every device up and including note 4 snapdragon and nexus 6 ironically...so with that said this transition is already going on gradually so I suggest if megafire is what you wanna run on your mega into the future I would highly suggest you start making backups of apps and game apks and save them to your sd and pc in case something happens to one or the other...

We've been thru this with froyo and gingerbread ect...but the difference now is imo the mega hw and the device itself is far suoerior to those old 2011 2012 kits and is a phone imo I could carry for another several years...whereas my n1 even with firenote on it is somewhat frustrating to even play around with....so this is just a heads up...im sure many of you have felt and seen things changing ect so if support gets yanked officially from play store or if the devs just do it th themselves, either way it's better to be prepared at least for whatever comes our way[emoji106]

Mega
Last edited by megalomanic14; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.
Today, 01:49 AM   |  #2724  
Thanks Meter: 146

594 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14

Just a heads up for all the 4.2.2 MegaFire fans out there...

Fellas you guys know I'm a huge proponent for sticking with whatever Android version suits you best... be it 4.2.2 MegaFire or 4.4.2 Megakat but I feel I have to give you guys a heads up...

There have been some indications and hints that many developers will cease supporting pre kit kat era apps and builds as we transition to lollipop and the mess of aarch32 and aarch64 fragmenting that's about to occur with the next Gen of hw and fw... that pre a53/a57 based cpu soc will not be capable of...which is every device up and including note 4 snapdragon and nexus 6 ironically...so with that said this transition is already going on gradually so I suggest if megafire is what you wanna run on your mega into the future I would highly suggest you start making backups of apps and game apks and save them to your sd and pc in case something happens to one or the other...

We've been thru this with froyo and gingerbread ect...but the difference now is imo the mega hw and the device itself is far suoerior to those old 2011 2012 kits and is a phone imo I could carry for another several years...whereas my n1 even with firenote on it is somewhat frustrating to even play around with....so this is just a heads up...im sure many of you have felt and seen things changing ect so if support gets yanked officially from play store or if the devs just do it th themselves, either way it's better to be prepared at least for whatever comes our way[emoji106]

Mega

I think they are making a mistake. From what I've heard phones with Lollipop have low sales. People just don't like it.
Today, 01:54 AM   |  #2725  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb25

I think they are making a mistake. From what I've heard phones with Lollipop have low sales. People just don't like it.

Well when you have a multi flash process just to root a basic nexus...theres some problems imo...then you have to deal with the obnoxious theme changes that google forced...while I enjoy a few of the changes samsung managed to pull off with it but there's several things i really don't like...and that's not even accounting for the manufacturer or carrier lock downs that may be initialized at any time Ota that renders your device unrootable indefinitely stock...idk man I'm pretty content on 4.4 lmao

Mega
Today, 02:11 AM   |  #2726  

594 posts
More
Quote:

Well when you have a multi flash process just to root a basic nexus...theres some problems imo...then you have to deal with the obnoxious theme changes that google forced...while I enjoy a few of the changes samsung managed to pull off with it but there's several things i really don't like...and that's not even accounting for the manufacturer or carrier lock downs that may be initialized at any time Ota that renders your device unrootable indefinitely stock...idk man I'm pretty content on 4.4 lmao

Mega

only thing keeping me from updating to the metro megakat is tethering. I have to use it at work sometimes. There's almost nothing about lollipop that I like. The transitions are ok. But that's about it. That UI has to be designed with 12yrolds in mind. No normal adult wants a UI with those ugly pastel colors. With a bright background. I think Google shot them selves in the foot this time. No one seems to have learned from the win8 mess.
Last edited by bnb25; Today at 02:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bnb25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:27 AM   |  #2727  
Quote:

only thing keeping me from updating to the metro megakat is tethering. I have to use it at work sometimes. There's almost nothing about lollipop that I like. The transitions are ok. But that's about it. That UI has to be designed with 12yrolds in mind. No normal adult wants a UI with those ugly pastel colors. With a bright background. I think Google shot them selves in the foot this time. No one seems to have learned from the win8 mess.

Not to mention the absolutely horrible idea of putting the bright white card behind the all drawer but not completely covering the wallpaper...with huge goofy stock icons now makes the aosp lollipop the most ridiculous and amateur looking android to date imo...which sucks now that it's finally getting near something like a polished os and they pull this? I don't get it man?

Mega
Today, 02:49 AM   |  #2728  

594 posts
More
Quote:

Not to mention the absolutely horrible idea of putting the bright white card behind the all drawer but not completely covering the wallpaper...with huge goofy stock icons now makes the aosp lollipop the most ridiculous and amateur looking android to date imo...which sucks now that it's finally getting near something like a polished os and they pull this? I don't get it man?

Mega

I think someone on that team is being paid by apple.
Today, 05:34 AM   |  #2729  
Quote:

I think someone on that team is being paid by apple.

Tbh it looks like a novelty launcher from the play store...like the missing spacing bits of menus and keyboards looks so amateur and best imo only google hipsters would design this and call it annoyingly "material design..." as if it was obnoxious/pompous enough visually lol

Mega

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread