Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox

OP jcsullins

25th January 2015, 10:24 PM   |  #581  
Thanks Meter: 223

687 posts
Installing TP Toolbox in Boot Image
I have several Touchpads and I am trying to install The last version into the boot file on all my machines I use Rom Toolbox root browser on all the machines, For some reason there are some machines that it will not let me copy the uImage.toolbox file to the boot folder. I think I know how to do it because I have it successfully installed on 4 of the machines. Just looking for ideas. Thanks

Just for information, I have installed the toolbox on two Windows 8.1 machines and it works great. I am using V42.
Yesterday, 02:23 AM   |  #582  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 815

2,719 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatherton

I have several Touchpads and I am trying to install The last version into the boot file on all my machines I use Rom Toolbox root browser on all the machines, For some reason there are some machines that it will not let me copy the uImage.toolbox file to the boot folder. I think I know how to do it because I have it successfully installed on 4 of the machines. Just looking for ideas. Thanks

Just for information, I have installed the toolbox on two Windows 8.1 machines and it works great. I am using V42.

Are you sure you have enough room in the /boot folder for the file

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 06:11 AM   |  #583  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 682

1,392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatherton

Like @cdzo72 said, be sure to check how much space you have in the /boot volume. You've got to have at least 11mb available to be able to copy uImage.toolbox into /boot. I don't normally have any problems with Rom Toolbox Lite. Some people do have issues with ES File Explorer. Here is a link to Root Explorer.apk. Just remember, to change the permission from Read Only to Read & Write before trying to paste a file into a protected area like /boot. Which recovery are you using on all these TP's? There used to be a problem with Flintman's TWRP as it was much larger than other versions of TWRP and CWM. I thought he said that he had reworked it to make it smaller.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...er-v2.17.1.apk

NT

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

Are you sure you have enough room in the /boot folder for the file

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, I mentioned in a previous post, v42 is actually smaller than V40 or v41. I still have around 1.5mb available in /boot with TPTB installed. And I do use CWM for my recovery.

Nt
Last edited by nevertells2; Yesterday at 05:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread