No registration required

Streaming XBMC to Chromecast

OP trainriderben

14th January 2015, 09:59 AM   |  #241  
Thanks Meter: 8

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacryan

Guys, so I have a chromecast connected to my front room TV. Really want to be able to stream XBMC to it w/o using the "cast entire screen" since it causes it to lag/studder so bad, any suggestions on a way to do this and it be better?

Wanted to add, I've figured out how to use bubbleupnp and play audio/video files that are already on my pc. But basically I want to use 1channel/icefilms and stream those things from my PC to chromecast, is that a possibility any other way besides the 'cast entire screen'?

BubbleUPnp should be able to cast the web streams to your chromecast, you will need to put a bubbleUPNP playercorefactory.xml (post #229) into the appropriate folder.
Last edited by yodasmaster; 14th January 2015 at 10:04 AM.
14th January 2015, 06:42 PM   |  #242  
Thanks Meter: 87

121 posts
Quote:

Guys, so I have a chromecast connected to my front room TV. Really want to be able to stream XBMC to it w/o using the "cast entire screen" since it causes it to lag/studder so bad, any suggestions on a way to do this and it be better?

Wanted to add, I've figured out how to use bubbleupnp and play audio/video files that are already on my pc. But basically I want to use 1channel/icefilms and stream those things from my PC to chromecast, is that a possibility any other way besides the 'cast entire screen'?

If you install XBMC on your Android device streaming 1channel/Icefilms to Chromecast is no problem.

A few pages back I posted a great free streaming solution that has no time limitations to trans-coding (Avia costs $4.99 and BubbleUPnP transcoding is limited to 20 min in the free version) . This solution plays 1080p content with no hiccups

It uses the latest version of Kodi/XBMC for Android (from XBMC.org) with LocalCast and ESFileExplorer (both free from Google Play store) and a custom PlayerCoreFactory.xml (download link in video decription) . Installation instructions and links to all of files needed can be found in the YouTube video description in the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GdSsMmDCb8
The Following User Says Thank You to sunnycheeba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 08:46 PM   |  #243  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasmaster

BubbleUPnp should be able to cast the web streams to your chromecast, you will need to put a bubbleUPNP playercorefactory.xml (post #229) into the appropriate folder.

So I put the playercorefactory file into the appropriate folder. When I start a 1channel stream, it loads and flicks like its sending it somewhere or opening it somewhere, but didn't actually start anything on my CC. How do I from my PC point it to the chromecast from bubble? Or do I need to control it from bubble on my android or what? I just don't see how I get it to go from XBMC on my pc (with the bubble player core) to my CC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnycheeba

If you install XBMC on your Android device streaming 1channel/Icefilms to Chromecast is no problem.

A few pages back I posted a great free streaming solution that has no time limitations to trans-coding (Avia costs $4.99 and BubbleUPnP transcoding is limited to 20 min in the free version) . This solution plays 1080p content with no hiccups

It uses the latest version of Kodi/XBMC for Android (from XBMC.org) with LocalCast and ESFileExplorer (both free from Google Play store) and a custom PlayerCoreFactory.xml (download link in video decription) . Installation instructions and links to all of files needed can be found in the YouTube video description in the following video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasmaster

I did this method and it works great. But I'd really like to be able to do it from my PC. I have bubble server running on this PC and just want to get the streaming video from here to my CC.

Thanks!
15th January 2015, 09:55 PM   |  #244  
Flag Aarhus / Denmark
Thanks Meter: 122

205 posts
More
Quote:

This works perfectly! Use with confidence! Thanks for the tutorial!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One question...If I want to use Kodi's internal player again, the only way is to change the name of that file that I've added?
Last edited by georgecarstoiu; 15th January 2015 at 10:56 PM.
16th January 2015, 02:28 AM   |  #245  
Flag Troy
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:

So I put the playercorefactory file into the appropriate folder. When I start a 1channel stream, it loads and flicks like its sending it somewhere or opening it somewhere, but didn't actually start anything on my CC. How do I from my PC point it to the chromecast from bubble? Or do I need to control it from bubble on my android or what? I just don't see how I get it to go from XBMC on my pc (with the bubble player core) to my CC?

I did this method and it works great. But I'd really like to be able to do it from my PC. I have bubble server running on this PC and just want to get the streaming video from here to my CC.

Thanks!

The instructions were for android. I have not been able to use the playercorefactor.xml any other way
19th January 2015, 08:11 AM   |  #246  
Flag vancouver
Thanks Meter: 33

278 posts
More
What I want to know is what does the rendering/decoding, the chrome cast or the phone/tablet? if its the phone/tablet why not just screen cast (mirroring)?
19th January 2015, 09:11 PM   |  #247  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
i have tried this, but it dosent work for p2p streams that are using sopcast and acestream. Do you think there is a workaround for this problem? Localhost is telling me when i try to play such file (live channel) that this format is not supported. Thank you!

Quote:

Today, 09:37 AM   |  #248  
Flag Los Angeles, Paris France

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecarstoiu

One question...If I want to use Kodi's internal player again, the only way is to change the name of that file that I've added?

Does somebody can provide an easy solution in order to play first on the internal player and switch later on TV?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread