OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 275

413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatende2001

After installing CM12 on my NotePro 12.2 all works fine, except the background light. Why the option is disabled?

The backlight off feature has to be implemented on a per-chipset basis. The app doesn't support any Exynos devices as of yet. If you want you can PM me and I can walk you through getting the information I need to (potentially) support backlight off on your device.
15th January 2015, 01:28 PM   |  #192  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 14

123 posts
Lightbulb
I am using this app on my LG G Pad 8.3 with CM11 and it rocks.
Before i used Resolution Changer Pro together with Screen Standby ♯ Root but SecondScreen does everything better in a single app.

My one suggestion is to add option to disable touch interaction when device backlight is off and allow to turn backlight on with knock on, swype to wake or with physical buttons and then off again after a few seconds

keep up the good work.
15th January 2015, 03:09 PM   |  #193  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Very useful. Thanks!
24th January 2015, 04:04 PM   |  #194  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
What a frickín awesome app!

Of course, I had to push your warnings and paid the price, but still.... AWESOME app.

I have a rooted LG G3 (Tmobile version 851). I am still running it's stock software, so definitely not plain android or AOSP ROM.

The app was working perfectly initially. It was so awesome. i wish I had an app like this back when i was using my Evo 4g on Gingerbread.

I plugged it into my slimport late lasst night and this time, I got warnings about system crsahing. that would repetitively pop back up every time I dismissed. I unplugged the phone and it awoke with the DPI stuck in its altered state and my root lost.

I had to reflash my Superuser binaries in recovery to get root back.

I've tried your app twice more with the same result.

Do you know of any ROMS/Kernels for the LG G3 (851) that work especially well with your app? If you don't, that's cool, I know it's a needle in a haystack question.

Again, great app! Once I decide on a new daily driver ROM, I'll try your app again.
25th January 2015, 05:11 AM   |  #195  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 275

413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaainz

What a frickín awesome app!

Of course, I had to push your warnings and paid the price, but still.... AWESOME app.

I have a rooted LG G3 (Tmobile version 851). I am still running it's stock software, so definitely not plain android or AOSP ROM.

The app was working perfectly initially. It was so awesome. i wish I had an app like this back when i was using my Evo 4g on Gingerbread.

I plugged it into my slimport late lasst night and this time, I got warnings about system crsahing. that would repetitively pop back up every time I dismissed. I unplugged the phone and it awoke with the DPI stuck in its altered state and my root lost.

I had to reflash my Superuser binaries in recovery to get root back.

I've tried your app twice more with the same result.

Do you know of any ROMS/Kernels for the LG G3 (851) that work especially well with your app? If you don't, that's cool, I know it's a needle in a haystack question.

Again, great app! Once I decide on a new daily driver ROM, I'll try your app again.

Unfortunately that is a rare system-level bug that has been reported a couple times before, from people that use OEM-skinned ROMs. I've never encountered it myself and not sure how to work around it. It shouldn't happen if you use an AOSP-based ROM though.

SecondScreen doesn't mess with the system partition whatsoever, and definitely doesn't mess with the superuser binaries. Something else would have caused your device to lose root access.

Glad you've enjoyed the app though and hopefully a different ROM will give you better luck
26th January 2015, 11:18 AM   |  #196  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Well, I tried a couple of other times. Using stock ROM of LG G3, I would lose Superuser binaries and root whenever the phone was plugged into the sliport adapter and the phone would soft reboot with your app. . By reflashing superuser in recovery, I could get it back.

i switched to 4.4 KK version of PacMan ROM. Unfortunately, I only have video and not audio thru my slimport now... although I'm not sure if it is the ROM or the cheap Slimport that isn't working. Your app is doing okay, but I still have problems with it.

The DPI when the phone is plugged into the slimport is normal and when I unplug, the phone screen switches to what I would want with a slimport (higher DPI). Grumble

Oh well. I'm waiting on delivery of a new slimport adapter and then I'll try it out. IF the problems continue, I"ll switch to a different ROM and try starting from scratch entirely.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport
Previous Thread Next Thread