[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL][PERSONAL BUILDS]DorimanX

Search This thread

rabbo3

Jan 27, 2013
Hi stweaks not set undervolt CPU.. There is other app less buggy?? Thanks

LiL_Assassin

Feb 19, 2012
Did you click the box on top? Will not save it otherwise. I Have Never had that problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
New build is up! Changelog and download here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58173320&postcount=2

More fixes and added things missed for Wi-Fi. Please report if you have issues with Wi-Fi.

And we have support for TRIM! Already tested on my device and it's working! If you need LagFix you can download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ihq8c9cqaa9sz16/LagFix+(fstrim)+Free.apk
In my case I needed to download from an external website than Google Play because on Google Play for my phone app seems to be missing. :)

And for now, my builds are going to be called bX (X represents any number). This is b1 (build 1, not beta), next one will be b2 and so on. :) I made this to avoid confusion and of course, this is not my first build made ever :D

Last edited:

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
I've just flashed your latest build to give your kernel a go. I'm using Markox89 cm11 03/01 with a 4gb modified data partition. But I got this message after flashing, see screen shot. Do I have anything to worry about? I used Hawkercore cleaning script before installing your kernel, and was previously on Gustavo kernel before. Cheers.

Attachments

• 1421946530126.jpg
    1421946530126.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 478

r25txe

Mar 3, 2011
I've just flashed your latest build to give your kernel a go. I'm using Markox89 cm11 03/01 with a 4gb modified data partition. But I got this message after flashing, see screen shot. Do I have anything to worry about? I used Hawkercore cleaning script before installing your kernel, and was previously on Gustavo kernel before. Cheers.

From past experience with DorimanX if you perform the 'fix' you might face a bootloop.

It's more likely to happen if you have a modified /system, but mileage varies.

If you run it, make sure you have full external backups (Titanium and Nandroid) and ensure you're comfortable with Odin and have USB debugging switched on in the event you need to do a restore/repair

Reactions: RuffBuster

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
From past experience with DorimanX if you perform the 'fix' you might face a bootloop.

It's more likely to happen if you have a modified /system, but mileage varies.

If you run it, make sure you have full external backups (Titanium and Nandroid) and ensure you're comfortable with Odin and have USB debugging switched on in the event you need to do a restore/repair

what you said is correct. I always get this message pop up but mine is always for the preload partition.

Reactions: RuffBuster

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012

So can I get away with not doing a fix or am I going to suffer problems later?

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
So can I get away with not doing a fix or am I going to suffer problems later?

You can ignore the warning. I get it too :)

@stelistcristi Thanks for keeping this incredible kernel alive. Flashed your latest build, after wiping with kernel wipe script, trimmed with lagfix and work like a boss. :D Keep it up and try for Lollipop release when you feel ready.

Thank you very much. That's the plan: support for LP. But LP is not very stable for now. We have just unofficial builds from CM/Omni :p Let's wait a little bit to have stable ROMs. When we will have official builds, be sure I will give my best to have Dorimanx for LP. :p I think I just need to update initramfs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will take a look. :) I can't promise anything, no ETA. ;)

Last edited:

Nick_Knight

Nov 27, 2014
@stelistcristi I flashed your latest build, trimmed with lagfix and works fine for me.
Thanks for keeping this incredible kernel alive.
By the way when is StanRc 6.0.4.8 back?

Regards

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Nick_Knight

Nov 27, 2014
@stelistcristi I found a big bug in STweaks see Screenshot.
Then you anything changes is the default profile empty. After the next reboot stocks phone.
I'm back to this release
Kernel_Dorimanx-V10.44-[22-00]-[14-01]-JB-SGII-PWR-CORE

Regards

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422044236272.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422044236272.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 437

Nick_Knight

Nov 27, 2014
In STweaks try to swipe left-right a few times. It should work after :)
This is not a fix for this problem!
Then I can also change with editor in default profile.
OK all build from 14 Jan have Recovery 6.0.4.8 since 16 Jan is
downgrades to 6.0.4.7 started Bug. Example I can not restore a previous Backup.
I hope that helps to find the issue.

Nick

sharp87

Dec 16, 2011
This is not a fix for this problem!
Then I can also change with editor in default profile.
OK all build from 14 Jan have Recovery 6.0.4.8 since 16 Jan is
downgrades to 6.0.4.7 started Bug. Example I can not restore a previous Backup.
I hope that helps to find the issue.

Nick

try flashing the kernel again..It might solve in some cases

Last edited:
Reactions: _Atom_

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
try flashing the kernel again..It might solve in some cases

I doubt it. A commit broke many things in the recovery but we don't know what, maybe it was one of the fixes to the wifi driver (before adding the updated version of supersu) or could it just be because of the updated linaro tool chain. @stelistcristi, try an older version of linaro and see if this helps with recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: pino222

sharp87

Dec 16, 2011
I doubt it. A commit broke many things in the recovery but we don't know what, maybe it was one of the fixes to the wifi driver (before adding the updated version of supersu) or could it just be because of the updated linaro tool chain. @stelistcristi, try an older version of linaro and see if this helps with recovery.
by now he @stelistcristi might have learned to add features one by one ...he is just young new dev..besides no one is training him....

And Yesterday was his birthday [emoji1]

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
by now he @stelistcristi might have learned to add features one by one ...he is just young new dev..besides no one is training him....

And Yesterday was his birthday [emoji1]

Yep, still young and still learning things! :angel:

On the other hand, new build is up! :laugh:

We now have CWM 6.0.4.8. I've changed initramfs3 (dorimanx one) because the other one I've used (computoncio, hope I'm not wrong) had an older version of CWM. Tested and it's working :D

sharp87

Dec 16, 2011
Yep, still young and still learning things! :angel:

On the other hand, new build is up! [emoji23]

We now have CWM 6.0.4.8. I've changed initramfs3 (dorimanx one) because the other one I've used (computoncio, hope I'm not wrong) had an older version of CWM. Tested and it's working :D
Flashed [emoji41] ..cwm 6.0.4.8 is back ,I confirm that... next time don't forget to update su app to v2.45 [emoji3]

I haven't tested WiFi and may b someone here can report regarding WiFi ...other than that kernel b2 is stable from my side

Thanks for the build [emoji122]

Last edited:
Reactions: _Atom_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INFO:
    In this topic I will share with you my DorimanX personal builds.
    This is compatibile JB/KK, not LP (yet)!!! I will support only KK versions, because I'm using KK.
    JB should work but I cannot maintain 4.3/4.2

If you have problems or if anything goes wrong, you can flash latest build (v008) by @cybernetus.
    You can download from his official website: dorimanx.cybernetus.com

DISCLAIMER:
    ONLY FOR AOSP BASED ROMS
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices or wrong version flashing
    You are using this kernel at your own responsablity

WARNING:
    It seems there's some problems with my builds:
    * CWM is downgraded to 6.0.4.7 Updated CWM to 6.0.4.8! Should be ok now. Report if you have any issues!
    * You can't mount exFAT in CWM Updated CWM to 6.0.4.8 so this should be fixed. Report if you have any issues!
    * Wifi has some weird issues (Wi-Fi networks passwords sometimes are deleted after reboot) Updated some components for new Wi-Fi driver, should be ok now, needs more testing but in my case it's ok. Report if you have any issues!

——— !!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!!!! ———

FEATURES:
    This kernel include the following features (different than other any Dorimanx kernel):
    * New Wi-Fi driver (1.141.44)
    * TRIM enabled
    * New Linaro toolchain (4.9.3)
    * SuperSU 2.45
    * FPU corruption bugfix (aka music player fix)

And of course, all other features Dorimanx already included before I started to develop these unofficial builds of Dorimanx. :D

LATEST BUILD:
    You can find it below this post, (post #2 or easier here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58173320&postcount=2)

CREDITS:
    Dorimanx (the real master of the kernel)
    Gokhanmoral (Siyah Kernel)
    Myfluxi (xxICSKernel)
    Pinpong (Thoravukk_i9100)
    Voku1987(This Kernel)
    Alucard_24(This Kernel)
    STANTRC(This Kernel)
    Halaszk (siyahkernel-sgs3)
    AndreiLux(Perseus-S3 Kernel)
    Teamhacksungb (CM Kernel)
    Pershoot (Galaxy-2636)
    Dror2169 (KernelSanders-OMAP)
    Faux123 (Great Mega Elite Dev, many kernels)
    Simone201 (Neak-ICS kernel)
    Angelom (Abyss kernel)
    DerTeufel (Samsung kernel - Aries)
    Entropy512 (CyanogenMod)
    Talustus ( Dream Kernel - ICS)
    Tungstwenty (On screen gestures addon)
    Renaudallard (GNexus kernel)
    Torvalds (Kernel 3.6.Y maintainer)
    Robertobsc (Siyah kernel 3)
    Computoncio (This Kernel)
    cybernetus (This Kernel)

KERNEL SOURCE:
    Source code of the kernel can be found here:
    https://github.com/stelistcristi/Dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel
    https://github.com/stelistcristi/initramfs3
    Latest build

My latest build (build #3) (archive is attached is this post)
    Build date: 01.27.2014, 15:20 (EEST)

Changelog

KERNEL:
    * Update bcmdhd Wi-Fi driver to 1.141.44
    * Fix a warning regarding bcmdhd
    * Added Linaro 4.9.3 + some fixes in order to work
    * Updated FPU corruption bugfix thanks to @Oberon00 (aka @zeitferne)
    * Fixed warning caused by Linaro 4.9.3
    * Fixed issues & warning regarding bcmdhd
    * Various fixes to bcmdhd
    * SuperSU updated to v2.40
    * Many changes for WiFi driver
    * Added TRIM feature
    * Replaced secdiscard call with panic for extra safety thanks to @libcg (aka @GeeckoDev)
    * SuperSU updated to v2.45

INITRAMFS (from build #2 I've changed initramfs3 [we have dorimanx's repo now, till then I have used computoncio's one):
    * Remove discard mount option from /data
    * CWM 6.0.4.8

Commits can be found right here: https://github.com/stelistcristi/Dorimanx-SG2-I9100-Kernel/commits/master-maliv3 (KERNEL) and here https://github.com/stelistcristi/initramfs3 (INITRAMFS)
    Build #3 is up!

Updated SuperSU to v2.45 ;)
    New build is up! :D

Added SuperSU 2.40 and some fixes for WiFi driver. Now it should be stable (I hope) :D
    New build is up! Changelog and download here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58173320&postcount=2

More fixes and added things missed for Wi-Fi. Please report if you have issues with Wi-Fi.

And we have support for TRIM! Already tested on my device and it's working! If you need LagFix you can download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ihq8c9cqaa9sz16/LagFix+(fstrim)+Free.apk
    In my case I needed to download from an external website than Google Play because on Google Play for my phone app seems to be missing. :)

And for now, my builds are going to be called bX (X represents any number). This is b1 (build 1, not beta), next one will be b2 and so on. :) I made this to avoid confusion and of course, this is not my first build made ever :D