FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

AVRCP Metadata not submitting via Bluetooth.

10th December 2014, 02:52 AM |#31  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by helrich

After reading through the thread and browsing around, I'm convinced this is an issue with 4.4.2 and requires an android update to resolve.

I told myself I was going be a good little boy and keep this phone stock (had issues before trying to run 4.3 on my Gnex with VZ radio and decided the risks outweighed the rewards) but I'll probably be 6 feet underground before Verizon OTAs 4.4.3 so I might end up rooting this sucker.

Already rooted the ATT version and waiting for android 5.0 since they skipped 4.3 and 4.4. From what I gathered you are right it has something to do with 4.2. I have been looking for a stable or almost stable rom with 4.4 or 5.0 and can't find anything good. I am frustrated at this point and until 1 or the other comes I wait.

26th January 2015, 05:14 PM |#32  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbady

This fixed it for me. Search Google Play "autoaudio" VW Golf 2014. Also shows most recent notifications which is nice.

Thanks for this info, AutoAudio fixed this issue for me as well. As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug in the LG Rom's, but at least we have a workaround. Here is the direct link to the app for others to find:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.autoaudio

To those who AutoAudio didn't fix the issue for, like @americannight and @helrich and @Pesy - make sure of the following:

0.) The music app in question you're trying to use, must at least show it's track info, in the Notification shade in Android. Not all music apps do. That's where AutoAudio is trying to grab the track metadata from.

1.) You must be on Android 4.3 or higher, for Notification Access, which is what AutoAudio requires. Doubt this applies to any G3 users, but just noting it. This requires Android 4.3+

2.) You must give AutoAudio, Notification Access. This is because AutoAudio is "grabbing" the track info from your Notification shade in Android. To do this easily, in the AutoAudio app, click the button for "Go to Notification Access Settings" - then check AutoAudio in the list and say Yes/OK to the warning.

3.) AutoAudio will only work, while it's running. For this reason, there is a checkbox in the app for "Persistent Service" that you should check, which will keep it running. Otherwise, every time you reboot your phone, kill recent tasks etc, it'll stop, and it won't work anymore. By checking this option, it places a notification in your notification shade - however, you can click it, go to App Info in Android, and uncheck Show Notifications, if you want to hide it.

I am certain if any of you have problems getting this to work, it's one of those three things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Protonus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread