11th December 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #71  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 565

765 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obaydok

Is there a way to install this recovery on unlocked bootloader??????

Just follow the steps within the very first post.
There's no difference between locked and unlocked in this particular case if you're using a stock kernel...
28th December 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
So I have copied the tr.apk file to my downloads folder on my LT30a. I run it, it asks about permissions, press Install, but get an X App not installed. What am I doing wrong?
31st December 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #73  

4 posts
Wow, so THAT was a nightmare!

Unfortunately It just took a bunch of fiddling around to make it work, so I didn't tke any documentation, but figured I would give some of my experiences so that other noobs might get a head start.

First, when looking for ROMs, they refer to the Xperia T as "Mint". Took me forever to figure out which ROM to download until I figured that bit out. So dont look for Xperia T, look for "Mint".

Mine was factory unlocked, but had a real hard time unlocking the bootloader and getting root. How I finally did it was through first using the Towelroot apk, which did not work for me the first day or two. Tried it in the middle of the night last night though when I couldn't sleep, and for some reason that time I got the make it rain. I tried downloading flashtool on a PC, got more spyware and malware than I have in a long time, so beware. I finally found a cleaner download using my Mac, which was easier anyways as I could never get the drivers to work on the PC. That wouldn't work for me. I factory reset, installed Astro file manager, towel root, and SuperSU ONLY (no updates!!!!), ran Towel Root successfully and then SuperSU. I tried running Clockwork (ROM Manager actually) which you need to run twice for SuperSU to recognize but couldn't get that to work. I was able to run flashtool finally, you have ot hold the volume down button only (not power) when you plug it into the computer. From there I was able to finally load the phone into recovery mode. Make sure you copy the ROM files as zip files (dont unzip them!) into the phone.

Oh, you DO have to unzip the copy you have on the computer that Flashtool uses - note that you will unzip the .img file onto the computer, Flashtool points to that, which will then let you run the recovery from your phone so you can load the .zip package using that from your SD card.

Had some issue with that, though. PAC Rom loaded, but would not get out of the setup screen. To get it unstuck I held the power button down while plugging it into the PC, that seemed to reset it. It took a couple of reboots of the phone until it was finally working for me.

If I ever get a chance to do it again I will try to do better directions - too many conflicting instructions, too many assumptions for someone who has never done this before.
31st December 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #74  

1 posts
thanks
it work with my xperia T -firmware 9.2.A.1.205
31st December 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
I get successful the root permission, but i don't know why don't boot into recovery...the flash work perfectly...any suggestion?
15th January 2015, 12:03 PM   |  #76  

1 posts
Great stuff!

Root done in a couple of minutes, PhilZ recovery flashed, no problem whatsoever. Did a nandroid backup, everything went smoothly.

My phone is Xperia T LT30p build 9.2.A.0.295

Thank you!
26th January 2015, 02:48 PM   |  #77  

1 posts
More
it worked on my mint. But since bootloader unlock = no on mine, still no way to flash anything but stock-roms. But I have root and can do nandroid-backups. No so bad...

Thankyou,
regards
Thumaroil
26th January 2015, 09:06 PM   |  #78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 565

765 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumaroil

it worked on my mint. But since bootloader unlock = no on mine, still no way to flash anything but stock-roms. But I have root and can do nandroid-backups. No so bad...

Thankyou,
regards
Thumaroil

You can only flash custom ROMS based on stock firmware...
Not bad anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread