Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,824

7,963 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenhal

They may want to clean off their internal memory and wipe that as well. Cache, data, dalvik, system, internal sd.

When going between types of roms I'll move my data from internal to external, then pull the external and copy all my important stuff to my computer and then I'll wipe everything including external

^^^ Best way to deal with Weird Issues. a very big +1 to that one.

This is guaranteed to get rid of Pesky mmcx_ wakelocks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 03:14 PM   |  #1132  
Thanks Meter: 383

2,022 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

^^^ Best way to deal with Weird Issues. a very big +1 to that one.

This is guaranteed to get rid of Pesky mmcx_ wakelocks.

Is there a functional difference between wiping the internal and external SD cards before flashing ROM and wiping them after phone is up and running? I'm trying to see if it is worth it me to do it now that my phone is working pretty well.
Last edited by sjamie; 24th January 2015 at 11:24 PM.
25th January 2015, 01:07 AM   |  #1133  
Thanks Meter: 38

273 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

Is there a functional difference between wiping the internal and external SD cards before flashing ROM and wiping them after phone is up and running? I'm trying to see if it is worth it me to do it now that my phone is working pretty well.

If the phone is working then no need to wipe. These were instructions to do before flashing if there were issues with the way the Rom was working.
25th January 2015, 06:13 PM   |  #1134  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Smile problems with camera?
This rom seems almost perfect for me. I wouldnt call it stable because my camera doesn't work. Hopefully someone can help me out.

I have a Canadian Rogers S3. Reading the tread other people seem to have no trouble with the rom.

My problems: (Rogers S3, clean flash, slimkat v9)
1) Camera app works when first opened but if I lock the screen or use a different app, then try to use the camera again... It crashes every time until I reboot.

2) is there a way to clear previous apps all at once without swiping them away one by one?

3) is there a way to remove "Emergency call" on lock screen. I keep hitting it by accident and it gets frustrating. (Emergency call appears when you put passcode lock)

I hope someone can help me!
Last edited by bibo979; 25th January 2015 at 06:58 PM.
25th January 2015, 08:47 PM   |  #1135  
Thanks Meter: 129

374 posts
More
To answer a couple of your questions:

1) Many people (including myself) seem to have better luck using a 3rd party camera. It doesn't solve all the problems but it may crash less often for you. I use Google Camera. Many others use Open Camera. Haven't touched the stock camera in months, really...

2) To clear all apps pinch using two fingers. Kind of hard to explain. Start with a finger at the top and a thumb at the bottom and pinch them together on the recent apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to amf66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2015, 11:43 AM   |  #1136  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf66

To answer a couple of your questions:

1) Many people (including myself) seem to have better luck using a 3rd party camera. It doesn't solve all the problems but it may crash less often for you. I use Google Camera. Many others use Open Camera. Haven't touched the stock camera in months, really...

2) To clear all apps pinch using two fingers. Kind of hard to explain. Start with a finger at the top and a thumb at the bottom and pinch them together on the recent apps.

Thank you! Google camera app seems to be working much better than the stock camera for now and the pinch to close all apps does the trick!

Now just to figure out how to remove the emergency call from lock screen and this rom would be perfect! I have tried to use wanam but it doesn't seem to work with this rom.

Regardless, having the first two problems solved is a huge plus! Thanks again!
26th January 2015, 12:55 PM   |  #1137  
Thanks Meter: 1,768

2,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibo979

Thank you! Google camera app seems to be working much better than the stock camera for now and the pinch to close all apps does the trick!

Now just to figure out how to remove the emergency call from lock screen and this rom would be perfect! I have tried to use wanam but it doesn't seem to work with this rom.

Regardless, having the first two problems solved is a huge plus! Thanks again!

If it's that big a deal, there are always third party lockscreens. I'm sure that's not an ideal solution, but it's the only one I can think of.

From my SlimTab Pro 8.4
26th January 2015, 09:43 PM   |  #1138  
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,824

7,963 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

I'd not wipe anything if everything is well.

The only time I'd wipe is when I 'm moving from or to stock or having weirder issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibo979

To me that's a Social Responsibility. Users are likely to have complex lock patterns and pin numbers. In case of true Life threatening emergency, there has to be a way to call for help irrespective of everything else. There can not be any impediments to this. This is exactly why Samsung allows such calls on ITS Lock Screen. If you are subject to pocket dialing, use a different case.

As @JaylanPHNX said, Try 3rd Party Lock Screens. Magic Locker comes to mind.
Last edited by Perseus; 26th January 2015 at 09:46 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread