3rd party Qi wireless receiver

OP kms108

15th January 2015, 12:49 PM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSSeMM

Since I installed a TYLT VU-Mate in my S5 I have been unable to make any NFC payments with the phone.

I have emailed Tylt .....

Tylt haven't bothered to reply to my request for help. If you need NFC then I would avoid this receiver.

I have now swapped to using the Samsung Charger Cover.
27th January 2015, 10:35 AM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
This is a very helpful thread!

I have a no name qi receiver and pad, photos attached, and it does what it's supposed to do (sometimes it heats/warms up-not hot, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the position I put it on the pad) until I had this realization after reading this thread. It may have affected my NFC! Prior to having my charger, I've had a chance to use my NFC but just the other night, my bf and I were trying to share a video but can't connect via NFC. We thought thay it may be because I am using an S5 and him a Z2 so we just discarded the thought of using the NFC. And thinking about it now, it may be the culprit. Hmmm.. Well, just sharing. Hehe. Will give an update after I test it without the receiver..

Thanks!

Update: Tried it using my brother's S4. It's working. Hehe. Maybe it was just because of the difference in brand? Hmmm..

By the way, some added info, aside from heating up depending on the position on the pad and I think also of the weather, it's also somewhat bulky resulting to a gap in the camera area of the cover; though it becomes unnoticeable due to my otterbox commuter case. And mentioning my case, it works perfectly fine with my case on. 😄
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-27 17.29.33.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	3136116  
Last edited by eulae; 27th January 2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread