Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Logitech Harmony remote compatibility

12th January 2015, 05:24 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 38

438 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid

You need Flirc as AFTV cannot handle IR commands from the Harmony. The AFTV remote is RF. Flirc receives UR commands an injects them as keystrokes via the AFTV USB port.

Isnt IR line of site? Will I need a usb extender if I use Flirc as the usb port is in the back?
12th January 2015, 06:11 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 878

844 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs

Isnt IR line of site? Will I need a usb extender if I use Flirc as the usb port is in the back?

It seems to work fine for me maybe the transmitter on the harmony is really good.
12th January 2015, 10:59 AM   |  #33  
Flag In the wind
Thanks Meter: 80

628 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs

It does not have to be line of sight but it cannot be blocked meaning can be bounced like a pool ball. My stuff is in a cabinett so I have an IR repeater system. I also use a powered four port USB hub to allow a KB and USB stick. I was using an un-powered hub w/o problem but needed a power source for my Chromecast.
26th January 2015, 07:22 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 19

166 posts
I'm looking to buy a new universal remote. Was looking at the Logitech Harmony Smart Control. Does anyone have any feedback on using one with the fire tv? It is Bluetooth so seems like it should work well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
27th January 2015, 02:39 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 17

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad212

I'm looking to buy a new universal remote. Was looking at the Logitech Harmony Smart Control. Does anyone have any feedback on using one with the fire tv? It is Bluetooth so seems like it should work well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Smart Control is the best -- Harmony has a device profile for the AFTV. No lag at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmerrilljr2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2015, 06:34 PM   |  #36  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 105

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooknut

The Oretek can do the menu button. I believe its either "Info" or "Guide".

Tried it, doesnīt work. "Guide" does nothing, "Info" activates the mouse emulation. I tried all buttons, but I canīt find one thatīs similar to the menu button on the original remote.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread