Ask a question

No registration required

SmartBand SWR10 3rd party Apps and Hacks

OP derLoki

5th January 2015, 09:25 PM   |  #101  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 39

117 posts
Lifelog API has finaly been released by Sony ! I hope that there would be a lot of apps for our SWR10 smartband

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01...ifestyle-data/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackLeader787 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2015, 10:50 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 91

417 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLeader787

Lifelog API has finaly been released by Sony ! I hope that there would be a lot of apps for our SWR10 smartband

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01...ifestyle-data/

Sah weet! Hopefully this generates more interest in development for this smartband (and smartwatch) because it really is a handy little device. It's unobtrusive, fashionable, and would be a total waste if it weren't exploited to its full potential.

For what it is already, I find it pretty useful, however, there's still many functions and areas where it can further improve its usefulness.

Edited: Also, the http://lifelog.sony.com site is finally live.
Last edited by boojay; 5th January 2015 at 11:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to boojay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2015, 12:42 PM   |  #103  
Flag Gdansk / Walcz (near Pila)
Thanks Meter: 211

1,239 posts
More
Anyone has possibility to track cycling as its shown on screenshots? I doesnt see possibility to enable it...

And dont kno why, but boat browser is seen as communication... damn sony

Sent using C6833 - AICP/GreatDevs
9th January 2015, 04:05 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
@ch3mn3y

You need an sony experia form to officialy enable transportation modes and track these things. If your phone is rooted, there is a way to make the app believe it is on an sony phone - just search for it on the forum

My general thoughts now on the platform:
While the idea was great 1 year ago - the development on this took way to long and the application is cumbersome to handle. The online website is a big disappointment and cumbersome to navigate. The insights gathered is pretty much useless since it does not provide proper statistics ( a weekly/monthly overview including all measurements would be too useful wouldn`t it?). The lifelog app doesn`t offer much for logging the life outside of what sony thinks that lifelogging means - it misses for example integration of a diary function - tracking of fitness related information (i.e. nutrition or manually entering information about a type of workout).

Looking at the documentation of the api its cumbersome to use and only provides access to "raw data" - there are no daily/weekly/monthly summaries available which means developers will have to put more of their own resources into using the api.
Now the api is finally available - but sony missed a huge step - starting the api off together with 3rd parties that already provide more functionality to their cumbersome software. So now the users have to persuade other companies to integrate what sony failed to do in the first place....

And as I have mentioned before - the lifelog api will not allow access to the bands functionality and thus you can not create individual notifications with the band besides the idea with the tasker plugin ....

For me I had patience waiting for sony to take a different route - but now I am letting go of the smartband and will move to a different platform. (I am sad that bodymedia is discontinued but looking for successor of that)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nobo2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2015, 10:05 AM   |  #105  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Is there any progress in integrating smartband with Google Fit?
I dont like lifelog app, I would like just to kill it and use only google fit. I found lifelog app useless and pretty buggy.
9th January 2015, 02:12 PM   |  #106  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 121

517 posts
IF you don't like the smartcard you cam try the mew razor nab x which has some support from third party developers and if you register to the razor insiders you can buy it at 20 January for only 20 dollars . Its basically the same but has some extra led for the notification. I have the Sony smartbaand but I will try the nabu x because it will be cheap
9th January 2015, 08:56 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 91

417 posts
I heard the Razer Nabu is experiencing some serious quality build issues. Folks are seeing their smartband fall apart after just one week of normal use. I can't comment on the Nabu X, but the if the "flagship" band isn't holding up too well, I can't image the cheap one faring much better.
9th January 2015, 10:09 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordje

Is there any progress in integrating smartband with Google Fit?
I dont like lifelog app, I would like just to kill it and use only google fit. I found lifelog app useless and pretty buggy.

Sony has not announced any plans of integrating their bands with google fit. And from my perception of sony and their support its highly unlikely that they ever will.

My dream band is currently the Basis Peak - but at a price tag of 200 dollar its way out of range. If sonys band would be more compatible with google health or their api would not suck as much, it would prove as a cheap alternative to Jawbone / Fitbit etc... But it`s just simply lacking and more of a gimmick than a proper useful tool sadly
12th January 2015, 10:58 PM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
i think microsoft " Band " is more compatible ... the design is much pretty i feel so.... because the basis peak is pretty too think razer nabu its design is like microsoft band from its measures and look but MS "Band" has have much more features ... jeah jeah i know ... no more Microsoft but for me the " Band " is prettyand full of funktions.... i think it will be my next smart-tracker-band... has microsoft landet a cou ???!!!???
28th January 2015, 06:39 AM   |  #110  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 121

517 posts
How to make lifelog app to think my phone is from Sony? I have the note 4 and I am rooted

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread