FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

How can I get 4.4.2 kit kat install on a note 8 SGH I467

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By HeyYouBob, Junior Member on 14th June 2014, 08:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Here is my short story.

My mom and I went into a AT&T store to update my phone in March 20014. I was carrying around an old iPhone 4s and I was well over due for an update. I updated to the Galaxy note 3 and I surly Love it!! I haven't been able to put it down for some time and there was a little bit of an update for my phone. I went from 4.3 to 4.4. My mom was curiosity about the whole android thing, and wanted to try one of their devices out, so the sales guy sold here a note 8 sha-i467 tablet. I wasn't expecting this additional purchase, so I didn't do any kind of hard research on tablets, other than I want something that had both smart phone and tablet size features, and I found that for my update.

Sadly, my mom ended up hating this tablet Calling it a piece of S***. This was due to a number of bugs and slow speed of the OS on this device. It currently has1 jelly bean 4.1 versions.

I have been trying in vein to find some way to update this phone to the 4.4.2 version. I don't care if it's legal, and I don't care about voiding that warranty. I just want 4.4.2 on that tablet...

On the side of our frustration, I think AT&T sold us a product that is being dropped soon. There is has such a low demand for this product that they wont release an update for this model. I now loathe AT&T for Delivering such crappy service. All they want to do is push products around and make a huge buck off of people who don't like their service. The discontinue of our service with the tablet will now cost us a $150.00 fee.

I'm not happy with At&t, they disrespected my mom by taking advantage of our lack knowledge with the line of products. I would gladly paid for the higher price items if It would had avoided this problem.
 
 
14th June 2014, 09:11 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouBob

Here is my short story.

My mom and I went into a AT&T store to update my phone in March 20014. I was carrying around an old iPhone 4s and I was well over due for an update. I updated to the Galaxy note 3 and I surly Love it!! I haven't been able to put it down for some time and there was a little bit of an update for my phone. I went from 4.3 to 4.4. My mom was curiosity about the whole android thing, and wanted to try one of their devices out, so the sales guy sold here a note 8 sha-i467 tablet. I wasn't expecting this additional purchase, so I didn't do any kind of hard research on tablets, other than I want something that had both smart phone and tablet size features, and I found that for my update.

Sadly, my mom ended up hating this tablet Calling it a piece of S***. This was due to a number of bugs and slow speed of the OS on this device. It currently has1 jelly bean 4.1 versions.

I have been trying in vein to find some way to update this phone to the 4.4.2 version. I don't care if it's legal, and I don't care about voiding that warranty. I just want 4.4.2 on that tablet...

On the side of our frustration, I think AT&T sold us a product that is being dropped soon. There is has such a low demand for this product that they wont release an update for this model. I now loathe AT&T for Delivering such crappy service. All they want to do is push products around and make a huge buck off of people who don't like their service. The discontinue of our service with the tablet will now cost us a $150.00 fee.

I'm not happy with At&t, they disrespected my mom by taking advantage of our lack knowledge with the line of products. I would gladly paid for the higher price items if It would had avoided this problem.

There is not yet a 4.4.2 from Samsung for the 5120 which is the LTE version although the wifi and 3G version (5100 and 5110) have been out for a couple of weeks. However there are differences that prevent us from using those stock ROMs. Your i467 and my i467M (Canada) are rare and not well supported even for a 4.2.2 ROM.

I've been told that the 5120 4.2.2 ROM will not work on our phones, and that when 4.4.2 Kitkat comes out for the 5120 (maybe a month) it will not work on our phones. I was going try the stock 4.2.2 from the UK and then flashing the Rogers radio from my i467M, but I've been told that its more than the radio. Ive been told it could brick my ROM.

Unless some good developer takes up this project its not going to happen. There were too few of these sold.
Last edited by harry_fine; 14th June 2014 at 09:14 PM.
14th June 2014, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_fine

There is not yet a 4.4.2 from Samsung for the 5120 which is the LTE version although the wifi and 3G version (5100 and 5110) have been out for a couple of weeks. However there are differences that prevent us from using those stock ROMs. Your i467 and my i467M (Canada) are rare and not well supported even for a 4.2.2 ROM.

I've been told that the 5120 4.2.2 ROM will not work on our phones, and that when 4.4.2 Kitkat comes out for the 5120 (maybe a month) it will not work on our phones. I was going try the stock 4.2.2 from the UK and then flashing the Rogers radio from my i467M, but I've been told that its more than the radio. Ive been told it could brick my ROM.

Unless some good developer takes up this project its not going to happen. There were too few of these sold.

Damn... so what can I do with this tablet? Can I root it at least?
14th June 2014, 09:58 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouBob

Damn... so what can I do with this tablet? Can I root it at least?

Of course. Read through the forums for info.
16th June 2014, 04:08 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouBob

Damn... so what can I do with this tablet? Can I root it at least?

Root is possible, but no unlocked bootloader=no custom recovery=no custom ROM=you're stuck on 4.1.2

IT SUCKS
16th June 2014, 02:30 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrayray

Root is possible, but no unlocked bootloader=no custom recovery=no custom ROM=you're stuck on 4.1.2

IT SUCKS

You are right, he has the AT&T, not the Rogers. At least the Rogers has no locked bootloader.
19th September 2014, 06:48 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy AT&T SUCKS note 8 still doesn't have 4.4.2
OMG it's been months and not even a hack to force install 4.4.2 in this tablet? This blows. Can anyone show me a way to use kitkat on this device. I still can't believe no one has release 4.4.2 and now they are about to release 4.4.4 on all of the latest devices. I will forever hate AT&T forever!!
27th October 2014, 10:30 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OTA 4.4.2 is out
OTA 4.4.2 Is out.
28th January 2015, 01:31 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgrebttap

OTA 4.4.2 Is out.

how to install OTA manually ??????????????????????????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes