Nvidia Shield Tablet Updated to Version 2.2.1

more

Lolistat – Statusbar Coloring Module

more

Flat Style Icons for Root Explorer

more

Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality

The post Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality appeared first on … more
Post Reply

[Q] Can't format the system partition (Brick?)

OP numsgil

5th May 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You can download a fresh stock image from sammobile.com or the same source you used earlier OR a rooted version courtesy of XDA Developer Mr. Robinson via the following link ... http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199494

Once you have this, save the zip file to an external SD card. Flash custom recovery to your phone. You mentioned you had philz-touch? Or you could flash TWRP or CWM via Odin. Place the SD card in your phone. Boot into recovery mode and flash from the card. Wait for firmware installation to be complete. Clear your cache/dalvik and reboot to system. Hope this works.

The link you posted is actually an Odin flashable image file, so I started another Odin-flash. But now it is unable to do anything too!!! The log in v3.09 is :
Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> root66_BMC_I747MVLUEMK5.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
And it is stuck there, for like half an hour now... I'm completely confused now, what do I do? Go buy a new one? I hope not (no money right now)...

EDIT :
- Tried my stuck image : stuck on Initialzation again
- Tried root66 with Heimdall : can't establish connection (might be me that did something wrong with zadig)
- Found a PIT file for the SGH-i747M 16GB and tried both with Re-partition enabled : stuck on Initialzation again
- Found a post on another forum about a dude that got the same problem as me and got the answer that the internal SD is dead......Damned...

Am I still crazy or this phone wants me dead?
Last edited by numsgil; 5th May 2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: New information
5th May 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 76
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numsgil

The link you posted is actually an Odin flashable image file, so I started another Odin-flash. But now it is unable to do anything too!!! The log in v3.09 is :

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> root66_BMC_I747MVLUEMK5.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
And it is stuck there, for like half an hour now... I'm completely confused now, what do I do? Go buy a new one? I hope not (no money right now)...

EDIT :
- Tried my stuck image : stuck on Initialzation again
- Tried root66 with Heimdall : can't establish connection (might be me that did something wrong with zadig)
- Found a PIT file for the SGH-i747M 16GB and tried both with Re-partition enabled : stuck on Initialzation again
- Found a post on another forum about a dude that got the same problem as me and got the answer that the internal SD is dead......Damned...

Am I still crazy or this phone wants me dead?


My apologies! Sorry. Didn't check the file myself but I just assumed it was a zip for recovery. From your log, the MD5 seems valid so it isn't likely to be from the file. If Odin couldn't flash it (and Heimdall didn't work either), could indeed be a problem elsewhere. Believe me, however, your phone is far from being dead or bricked when you can get into download or recovery modes. I'll do some more research and we'll have it figured out.
Can you also try flashing Philz Touch recovery to your phone via Odin from the link below earlier advised by Audit13 and see if you can use it to flash a custom ROM.

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2lte
5th May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

My apologies! Sorry. Didn't check the file myself but I just assumed it was a zip for recovery. From your log, the MD5 seems valid so it isn't likely to be from the file. If Odin couldn't flash it (and Heimdall didn't work either), could indeed be a problem elsewhere. Believe me, however, your phone is far from being dead or bricked when you can get into download or recovery modes. I'll do some more research and we'll have it figured out.
Can you also try flashing Philz Touch recovery to your phone via Odin from the link below earlier advised by Audit13 and see if you can use it to flash a custom ROM.

http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A..._Edition/d2lte

This gives me hope! As I'm not at home right now, did some tests on my Ubuntu Laptop using Heimdall (works better on linux I think) but can't initialize the protocol. In verbose output, it said :

Code:
Heimdall v1.4.0

Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
      Manufacturer: "Sasmsung"
           Product: "MSM8960"

            length: 18
      device class: 2
               S/N: 0
           VID:PID: 04E8:685D
         bcdDevice: 0100
   iMan:iProd:iSer: 1:2:0
          nb confs: 1

interface[0].altsetting[0]: num endpoints = 1
   Class.SubClass.Protocol: 02.02.01
       endpoint[0].address: 82
           max packet size: 0010
          polling interval: 09

interface[1].altsetting[0]: num endpoints = 2
   Class.SubClass.Protocol: 0A.00.00
       endpoint[0].address: 81
           max packet size: 0200
          polling interval: 00
       endpoint[1].address: 01
           max packet size: 0200
          polling interval: 00
Claiming interface...
Attempt failed. Detaching driver...
Claiming interface again...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
WARNING: Control transfer #1 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #2 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #3 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #4 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #5 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #6 failed. Result: -9
ERROR: Failed to send data: "ODIN"
Releasing device interface...
Re-attaching kernel driver...
And exited, so again not working. And by the way, the link you sent isn't working. Is it this? Which version do you recommend? I used 6.26.6 before and it didn't work.
5th May 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 76
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numsgil

This gives me hope! As I'm not at home right now, did some tests on my Ubuntu Laptop using Heimdall (works better on linux I think) but can't initialize the protocol. In verbose output, it said :

Code:
Heimdall v1.4.0

Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
      Manufacturer: "Sasmsung"
           Product: "MSM8960"

            length: 18
      device class: 2
               S/N: 0
           VID:PID: 04E8:685D
         bcdDevice: 0100
   iMan:iProd:iSer: 1:2:0
          nb confs: 1

interface[0].altsetting[0]: num endpoints = 1
   Class.SubClass.Protocol: 02.02.01
       endpoint[0].address: 82
           max packet size: 0010
          polling interval: 09

interface[1].altsetting[0]: num endpoints = 2
   Class.SubClass.Protocol: 0A.00.00
       endpoint[0].address: 81
           max packet size: 0200
          polling interval: 00
       endpoint[1].address: 01
           max packet size: 0200
          polling interval: 00
Claiming interface...
Attempt failed. Detaching driver...
Claiming interface again...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
WARNING: Control transfer #1 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #2 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #3 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #4 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #5 failed. Result: -9
WARNING: Control transfer #6 failed. Result: -9
ERROR: Failed to send data: "ODIN"
Releasing device interface...
Re-attaching kernel driver...
And exited, so again not working. And by the way, the link you sent isn't working. Is it this? Which version do you recommend? I used 6.26.6 before and it didn't work.

Yes, you have the correct link. Suggest you try an older version like the 6.25.0.
5th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

Yes, you have the correct link. Suggest you try an older version like the 6.25.0.

Nope...still stuck with the same error at home :

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> philz_touch_6.25.0-d2lte.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
What to do now?
6th May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 76
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numsgil

Nope...still stuck with the same error at home :

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> philz_touch_6.25.0-d2lte.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
What to do now?

Did some checking. It could indeed be your internal SD card. It could, however, be a simpler problem like the data cable or firewall settings on your computer. Either way, the phone and computer are not communicating correctly. Check the USB cable you are using and make sure it's of very good quality. If using Odin, temporarily disable the anti-virus settings and firewall on your PC (make sure you reinstate them afterwards). Finally, if you find a recovery flashable zip and get into recovery mode, do an advanced wipe and format to remove all existing system prior to flashing new firmware.
6th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

Did some checking. It could indeed be your internal SD card. It could, however, be a simpler problem like the data cable or firewall settings on your computer. Either way, the phone and computer are not communicating correctly. Check the USB cable you are using and make sure it's of very good quality. If using Odin, temporarily disable the anti-virus settings and firewall on your PC (make sure you reinstate them afterwards). Finally, if you find a recovery flashable zip and get into recovery mode, do an advanced wipe and format to remove all existing system prior to flashing new firmware.

I have no antivirus and the windows firewall is completely disabled (it caused problems when hosting some games). I tried 3 different cables and 4 different USB ports on 2 different computers (without AV and firewall). I tried 4 different recovery softwares : Philz, CWM, CWM Touch and TWRP, and they all can't format the System partition. So I think I'm all out of options here...Anyway, If by any chance you find another thing to try, I will conclude that my phone's dead.
Thank you very much for your help!
28th January 2015, 08:01 PM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Flag Saint John
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by numsgil

I have no antivirus and the windows firewall is completely disabled (it caused problems when hosting some games). I tried 3 different cables and 4 different USB ports on 2 different computers (without AV and firewall). I tried 4 different recovery softwares : Philz, CWM, CWM Touch and TWRP, and they all can't format the System partition. So I think I'm all out of options here...Anyway, If by any chance you find another thing to try, I will conclude that my phone's dead.
Thank you very much for your help!



I have similar problem today still trying fix but most can do use customs cause some reason stock i747m koodo will not reflash it runs through updates all complets but when boot up it telus I747MVLUFNK2_I747MOYBFNK2_KDO.zip I747MVLUFNK2_I747MOYBFNK2_I747MVLUFNK2_HOME.tar.md 5
but think its the partition doing`it damaged i need the official format.pit file for the i747m valid version for oden sence my boot still locked never been unlocked 4.4.2 on now latest from sam update site but seems one the custom recovery philz_touch_6.26.6-d2lte.tar.md5 was the cause the partion screwing up so never use it again less they add fix for it recovery-cwmtouch-6.0.4.7-d2att.tar best one works for me any one find a good i747m pit yet need one bad for oden
28th January 2015, 08:28 PM   |  #19  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,411
 
3,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
What steps did you take to try and flash your Telus i747m ?

Let me know and I will try to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes