[ROMS][SGH-T679]Mass CM Thread

OP cars1189

25th January 2015, 06:07 AM   |  #421  
Thanks Meter: 11

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189

Ill release a new build with next rom release. See what happens.

Okay! Thanks for your work man!
26th January 2015, 10:57 PM   |  #422  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Fix for Gestures Keyboard bug
I'm really enjoying CM12 on the Exhibit -- thanks for all the work cars1189 and everyone else, its great having Lollipop on this phone. One issue I had was that gesture / swipe didn't work with the keyboard. This is a known CM12 bug with an easy fix: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/1...aosp-keyboard/ -- basically download a file and put it in /system/lib/
26th January 2015, 11:22 PM   |  #423  
Thanks Meter: 53

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibit679

I'm really enjoying CM12 on the Exhibit -- thanks for all the work cars1189 and everyone else, its great having Lollipop on this phone. One issue I had was that gesture / swipe didn't work with the keyboard. This is a known CM12 bug with an easy fix: http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/1...aosp-keyboard/ -- basically download a file and put it in /system/lib/

Wouldn't it be easier to just install Google Keyboard from the Play Store? Not certain but it sort of smells like the suggested fix in that thread might be just replacing the aosp keyboard with one file from the Google build.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
27th January 2015, 02:43 AM   |  #424  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
First...thank you very much for this awesome upgrade cars1189, you rock ...

Now question is ROM 1-11-15v2(OS2SD) or ROM 1-14-15(OS2SD) the latest build?
I assumed the latter, because of the date, but the prior is a tiny bit bigger and the majority of the comments are for it.
I just installed ROM 1-14-15 and it booted fine. Now it is Optimizing the GAPPS

Again Thanks for bringing new life to my old azz phone.
27th January 2015, 08:37 AM   |  #425  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 695

471 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swicago

First...thank you very much for this awesome upgrade cars1189, you rock ...

Now question is ROM 1-11-15v2(OS2SD) or ROM 1-14-15(OS2SD) the latest build?
I assumed the latter, because of the date, but the prior is a tiny bit bigger and the majority of the comments are for it.
I just installed ROM 1-14-15 and it booted fine. Now it is Optimizing the GAPPS

Again Thanks for bringing new life to my old azz phone.

Yes 1-14-15(OS2SD) is the newest. CM12 is still changing alot and as it changes the file size is going to change a good bit up and down. For example they just added 2 cyanogenmod apps so next build will probably be noticeably bigger. And as they change those apps maybe for 5.0 they might remove some things or add some things changing the size again. Also sometimes when they add i remove, for example with cm11 i removed cm updater because it doesnt do anything for us anyways and we where low on space. Anyways...90% of the time the one with the newest date will be the best to use. (always the newest not always the best but a good place to start for trying it new from another rom/fresh install)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:19 PM   |  #426  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars1189

Yes 1-14-15(OS2SD) is the newest. CM12 is still changing alot and as it changes the file size is going to change a good bit up and down. For example they just added 2 cyanogenmod apps so next build will probably be noticeably bigger. And as they change those apps maybe for 5.0 they might remove some things or add some things changing the size again. Also sometimes when they add i remove, for example with cm11 i removed cm updater because it doesnt do anything for us anyways and we where low on space. Anyways...90% of the time the one with the newest date will be the best to use. (always the newest not always the best but a good place to start for trying it new from another rom/fresh install)

I can report that this ROM is awesome. Got everything I need working, including openvpn. It was super slow at first, but that was do to a restore(7k+ sms) to the message app. It was building all the conversations. But after that first evening it was smooth sailing. AGain, thanks for the awesome work on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to swicago For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread