Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [TL][H] Xperia T. Internal storage is dead.

OP deywid12345

26th June 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this.

Thanks for all your help !
Once I saw differents privilages letters i know its about it. Back in days I was working on FreeBSD (amateur) but had to deal with things like that.
30th August 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #12  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 724

2,036 posts
More
Quote:

Well, then you should try the following. Open the terminal again, use "su" again to grant root access, and do the following:

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
busybox chown -R 2800:2800 sdcard0
chmod 0770 sdcard0
Then either try to take a photo or create a file in your internal memory, or reboot and test your internal memory.

Edit: Just to be clear, the default user/owner for Sony internal memory is 2800, mine is set to 1023 (media_rw), as most phones should have, because I have modded the ramdisk in my kernel in order to use a certain program.

Working with Xperia V and just fixed my sd card. Thnx
27th January 2015, 11:38 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this.

And I'm here again, anew I got same situation but I can't fix it by applying these command. Can you help me? That's what I recieve.
ss
27th January 2015, 11:44 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 584

864 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deywid12345

And I'm here again, anew I got same situation but I can't fix it by applying these command. Can you help me?

Are you booted up in Android? Maybe Sdcard0 needs to be unmounted first (although I've never had to unmount it). Maybe you should try running the command from recovery when the internal memory isn't mounted (and if it is, unmount it first).
28th January 2015, 12:14 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Are you booted up in Android? Maybe Sdcard0 needs to be unmounted first (although I've never had to unmount it). Maybe you should try running the command from recovery when the internal memory isn't mounted (and if it is, unmount it first).

I'm running TWRP 2.8.4.1 (OmniROM 4.4) when I go to mount section and uncheck "sdcard" it doesnt get saved and on reboot it again unmounted. How do I unmount it in right way?
28th January 2015, 12:29 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 584

864 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deywid12345

I'm running TWRP 2.8.4.1 (OmniROM 4.4) when I go to mount section and uncheck "sdcard" it doesnt get saved and on reboot it again unmounted. How do I unmount it in right way?

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say, but you don't have to reboot in order to unmount the sdcard. All you have to do is uncheck the "sdcard" in the mount section, and then run the chown command.

Then again, how did that happen again? Did you format your sdcard0 (internal memory) again?

Run the "mount" command in Android and see if your "Sdcard0" is formatted as Vfat. If it is, you won't be able to change ownership to the partition unless you format it again in TWRP so that it changes to ext4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2015, 12:36 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:

I don't think I understand what you're trying to say, but you don't have to reboot in order to unmount the sdcard. All you have to do is uncheck the "sdcard" in the mount section, and then run the chown command.

Then again, how did that happen again? Did you format your sdcard0 (internal memory) again?

Run the "mount" command in Android and see if your "Sdcard0" is formatted as Vfat. If it is, you won't be able to change ownership to the partition unless you format it again in TWRP so that it changes to ext4.

Yep It happend again by formatting internal storage.
But it's working back again ! Thanks mate!
I formated it via TWRP to EXT4 then adb commands and poof, it works! God bless you.
28th January 2015, 10:34 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
There are so many dead question threads but the helpfulness shown here just rekindled my faith in humanity

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread