Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[guide] install at&t kitkat e980 stock flash + root + recovery - complete wipe !

OP chappatti

28th January 2015, 02:03 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti

Can you explain a littlle more please? How did you get stuck on logo and what are you trying to do.

Edit: In my first post I mention this link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=1

That thread has all the USB drivers....

thanks it is back on stock but i have little bit more query about Wifi if i instal another rom into my e980 like cm12 or bilss pop 5.0 then wifi not working after rebooting the phone.
28th January 2015, 10:53 PM   |  #32  
Flag Falls Church,VA
Thanks Meter: 111

373 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti

d.Follow Hyelton’s steps. In the last step, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE PHONE PROGRESS. As soon as it reboots (at ~90% complete) and the ATT logo comes on, hold the power button continuously until phone goes off, and IMMEDIATELY press and hold both volume buttons. BE VERY QUICK. The phone will go into download mode and finish the flash.
e.I found that even if this step does complete to 100% you will still get a “Fail” code and error. It does not matter – the phone will reboot fine.

Just want say a few things regarding the step d. First of all, if you get down to 100% and you still get an error message, the fastboot may not be installed on the device. The fastboot is the last item to be flashed around when the counter says 97%. Second, regarding where you turn off the device and put it back to the download mode, I have tried that and it doesn't do anything. The tool starts the 'boot sleep time' when the counter is at 85%, and the boot sleep time stops around 93%. IMO during that time period, the flashing tool is not doing anything but waiting on the device to finish factory rests itself, and boots into the OS. Once the device boots into the OS, then the fastboot is installed. So why do you want to interrupt that process, and put the device back to the download mode? Each time I put the device back to the download mode at 90% I end up with the failure to download message. IMO the flashing is not complete whenever you get the error message, regardless several people that say otherwise. So if you get the error message, flash it again, until you get the message that tells you the processes is complete. Otherwise you may end up not having the fastboot in your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread