No registration required

[ROM][4.4.4]Carbon ROM for Exhibit/Ace 2e[ T599N | T599 | T599V ] [METICULUS]

OP Meticulus

6th January 2015, 06:34 AM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

Flashing modems on this device is not supported by me. Make sure you are on the stock modem before flashing my ROM's! The installation process depends on it!

I knew I should have waited for your confirmation. Could you help me get back to stock modem?
8th January 2015, 03:24 AM   |  #252  
Flag Flint, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

Flashing modems on this device is not supported by me. Make sure you are on the stock modem before flashing my ROM's! The installation process depends on it!

I do see that I have made an error... after review of a STOCK rom, I have found that the STOCK Modem/Baseband is in fact T599NUVAMD4

However, I will say that it did not harm my phone, and I am not experiencing any problems with it, and even had to drive from Flint, MI to Toledo, OH... and still had no issues.

This must be because these phones all use the same or similar hardware.

I'm glad someone caught that. I will edit the post, sorry about the issue Meticulus.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay1114

I knew I should have waited for your confirmation. Could you help me get back to stock modem?

I am in the process of pulling the stock files from the stock rom.
I will have it up soon.
Last edited by JaCkO-MaYhEm; 8th January 2015 at 03:32 AM.
8th January 2015, 06:51 AM   |  #253  
Flag Flint, MI

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
I apologize for the mis-information @bigjay1114.

I have successfully recovered mine, but before you flash these files, I must ask, did you perform a backup? If so, this will be simple. If not, you might want to just stay with the T599UVAMD5 setup... it's not going to hurt... because on a positive note, we have found another baseband that is compatible with the SGH-T599N!

IF YOU DID NOT BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU FLASHED, DO NOT ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING

Same steps as before...
Go to your terminal in TWRP Advanced menu, make sure you're on top-level.

If your files are on the INTERNAL storage, then type these....
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
If your files are on your SD-Card, then type these...
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/modem.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
Reboot. You will not have service. This is where your backup comes in to play.
Reboot into recovery again, and restore your phone. Once done, you should have service again, and back on the stock baseband, T599NUVAMD4.

@Meticulus, I sincerely apologize for the mixup.

To anyone who has flashed these files, please contact me if you are having issues with loss of signal AFTER recovering to the original files, and I will walk you through any additional steps that I can find.
8th January 2015, 01:33 PM   |  #254  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 2,244

1,376 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCkO-MaYhEm

I apologize for the mis-information @bigjay1114.

I have successfully recovered mine, but before you flash these files, I must ask, did you perform a backup? If so, this will be simple. If not, you might want to just stay with the T599UVAMD5 setup... it's not going to hurt... because on a positive note, we have found another baseband that is compatible with the SGH-T599N!

IF YOU DID NOT BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU FLASHED, DO NOT ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING

Same steps as before...
Go to your terminal in TWRP Advanced menu, make sure you're on top-level.

If your files are on the INTERNAL storage, then type these....

Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
If your files are on your SD-Card, then type these...
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/modem.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/modem.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
Reboot. You will not have service. This is where your backup comes in to play.
Reboot into recovery again, and restore your phone. Once done, you should have service again, and back on the stock baseband, T599NUVAMD4.

@Meticulus, I sincerely apologize for the mixup.

To anyone who has flashed these files, please contact me if you are having issues with loss of signal AFTER recovering to the original files, and I will walk you through any additional steps that I can find.

Let me be clear, flashing a different modem on this device may be an improvement and it may not. I don't know, I've never tried it. All I am saying is that, in order to flash codinalte ROM's you need to be on your stock modem. The installation will not proceed properly unless you are on the stock modem for your device.

After the install, if you want to flash modems, that's up to you. However, every time you flash codinalte, you must revert back to the stock modem for the installation process.

Also, If you have issues and are not on the stock modem, I will not address them.

28th January 2015, 11:10 PM   |  #255  

2 posts
My modem was mess up and I try to flash modem.bin using Odin but keep on failed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon rom, codinalte, sgh-t599, sgh-t599n, sgh-t599v
Previous Thread Next Thread