FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[Q] (Q) No touch an physical keys after port mtk6592

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By carcaca, Junior Member on 24th May 2014, 11:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Iīm tryng to port some roms to THL T11 (mtk6592). I have allready sucess with two but allways the same problem: touch keys (settings, home and back) and physical keys (power and volume) donīt work.
I have allready replace Generic.kl and mtk-kpd.kl from base to port but donīt fix my problem.
Wich more files i have to replace?
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

18th June 2014, 02:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello, that method as followed for porting the mtk6592 rom since I only find for 6589 and previous.
18th January 2015, 08:36 AM |#3  
Unknown Land
Thanks Meter: 514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcaca

Iīm tryng to port some roms to THL T11 (mtk6592). I have allready sucess with two but allways the same problem: touch keys (settings, home and back) and physical keys (power and volume) donīt work.
I have allready replace Generic.kl and mtk-kpd.kl from base to port but donīt fix my problem.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

I may be very late but still replace lib>hw folder from stock to port delete the port lib>hw folder before copying from stock
23rd January 2015, 12:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:

Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Hi,was wondering if you could share how you managed to port roms to mtk6592..Tried using some tutorials here but still didn't boot..Thanks
26th January 2015, 11:38 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonia

Hi,was wondering if you could share how you managed to port roms to mtk6592..Tried using some tutorials here but still didn't boot..Thanks

Hi, iīm no longer trying port because i'm theming official rom.
I tried to port some and the method i used is:
You need to port same version of android like 4.2 to 4.2 or 4.4 to 4.4.
Use the boot.image of your phone or decompile the boot.image of your rom and the boot.image of the rom you wanted and combine base’s zImage and port’s ramdisk and recompile to create new boot.img.
I normally replaced System/Etc/firmware from base to port.
Replace all the camera libs from base to rom.
Sometimes i have to replace audio libs if don't have sound.
Of course you need to edit buil.prop and i allways erase line in updater.script that contains install recovery.
If some thing don't work you need to try to replace some libs or else.

With this method i ported some roms and sometimes everything is allright ans sometimes i had some problems like the one i posted before but in 80% of the cases the rom boot.
The only thing that never works is gesture in locker screen.

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701283 and good luck.
27th January 2015, 11:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:

Use the boot.image of your phone or decompile the boot.image of your rom and the boot.image of the rom you wanted and combine base’s zImage and port’s ramdisk and recompile to create new boot.img.

Can't seem to find the zImage...all i have is

the rmdisk folder contains may files including the init.rc
28th January 2015, 11:20 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Use android kitchen to decompile original boot.image and you get a new folder in kitchen called bootimg_xxxx_xxxx containing a folder named boot.img-ramdisk and a file named zImage.
Save the files in other folder outside android kitchen.
Erase folder bootimg_xxxx_xxxx in kitchen and replace original boot.image with port boot.image in working folder.
Now decompile again boot.image.
Now combine base’s zImage and port’s ramdisk and recompile to create new boot.img.
Try this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread