No registration required

[Root][Moto E][Guide HowTo]How to root Moto E [Condor][Noob Friendly]

OP deej_roamer

11th January 2015, 08:58 PM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
re
HI,
I have a tracfone moto e as well and i am getting the same exact error at the moment. After doing some research i discovered that tracfone registers each device with other anouther company. In my case they registered my phone with verison wireless(which is good when it comes to signal but not good for rooting as they dont allow it, like u said). I found out exactly who my cell was registered to by doing a reserse phone number lookup on my cell. It told me my number was registered with verizon which makes sense. also, i contacted motorola and they said that they do not support unlocking the phone. One last thing, some person emailed me claiming they were from tracfone saying that all i need to do is contact tracfone to have them unlock it. i may try this in a few days. Hope this helps somewhat even though i didnt solve your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindolen

thankyou very much for the tutorial. I started it but when i finally obtained the long string of numbers, and requested an unlock key, I got an error messege saying that your device is not elegeble for bootloader unlocking.Could this really be or is it a mistake. I have service through trakphone if that makes any difference. I have allready tried unlinking my google acount to motorola Id an using different browsers and a different computer and sighning in with a different account. I double checked the numbers were properly copied with no spaces. Could trakphone be preventing bootloader unlocking? I know verizon does but i didnt find anything about trackphone. anyway thanks for your help.

12th January 2015, 12:37 AM   |  #222  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 14

56 posts
More
It's more than likely that Verizon insisted these be locked down for use on their network. They call the shots, not Tracfone.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by fathergweedo; 12th January 2015 at 12:41 AM.
12th January 2015, 04:39 PM   |  #223  

1 posts
Unlocking Bootloader of ST Moto E bought at Wal Mart
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathergweedo

It's more than likely that Verizon insisted these be locked down for use on their network. They call the shots, not Tracfone.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk 2

I was excited to develop on this device but after buying it a couple days ago I think I will be bringing it back to wal mart and trading it for a developable device. I wish I knew how to unlock this bootloader because this phone has alot of potential. Someone please talk me out of it if there is a way to unlock the bootloader of the straight talk variant of this phone. Thanks
13th January 2015, 05:06 PM   |  #224  
Flag patna

6 posts
More
I unlocked my bootloader and rooted my moto e.. flashed cwm recovery.. and now my moto e restarts after i try to lock the screen through the lock button... and also my google play is not working .. What is the cause of this and possible solution?

Thanx in advance!
29th January 2015, 04:46 AM   |  #225  
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106

335 posts
More
dumb question
do I need to unlock bootloader to root using this methode?
29th January 2015, 09:08 AM   |  #226  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 14

56 posts
More
Nevermind. Had a brain fart.
Last edited by fathergweedo; 29th January 2015 at 09:12 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to root, moto e, root
Previous Thread Next Thread