[ROM] Vanillipop 1.4 - 12/1/2014 [Vanilla Android Lollipop]

28th January 2015, 10:57 PM   |  #431  
Flag 18518
Thanks Meter: 230

1,010 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower7

Y'know...it's fine if a dev wants to stop developing or supporting a rom. It's their free time and they get to decide what they want to do with it. That said, it wouldn't be that difficult to drop a quick post in the thread saying "sorry guys, I'm done" rather than just disappearing without a trace and leaving everyone wondering what's going on. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

Hah...

Every one wonders why the good devs leave these forums.

No, the unreasonable thing is that you feel you need an explanation.
Any other producer of a good in the world, when they stop producing something do you *expect* a reason why?

This is free. If you donated, feel good you donated. If you feel you've been cheated, don't donate? Again, this is a ridiculous conversation.
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix2217 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2015, 11:05 PM   |  #432  
Thanks Meter: 567

1,416 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix2217

Hah...

Every one wonders why the good devs leave these forums.

No, the unreasonable thing is that you feel you need an explanation.
Any other producer of a good in the world, when they stop producing something do you *expect* a reason why?

This is free. If you donated, feel good you donated. If you feel you've been cheated, don't donate? Again, this is a ridiculous conversation.

Nobody is owed an explanation; it's just really odd when a dev suddenly stops all communication out of nowhere. I've never seen it happen on XDA quite like it has with this rom, and I've been around for a while. I don't expect anything; I just think it would have been a nice thing to do before disappearing. That holds true with anything in life, not just this situation specifically.
Last edited by maxpower7; 28th January 2015 at 11:07 PM.
29th January 2015, 05:53 AM   |  #433  
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
More
Well so much for 1.5 I guess. I hope the dev is okay though. Who knows what happened, but I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck.

With that being said, has anyone found a fix for GPS? I have tried every single firmware out there (DH's, aer0zer0's, SROM) - I just can't get GPS to work. The thing is, it works with other Lollipop ROMS such as DH's GPE and LiquidSmooth - so I wonder if it's even really firmware related? If anyone could chime in I would really appreciate it. This ROM seems to be stable in all aspects that others seem to fall, EXCEPT for GPS, which I absolutely need. Thanks in advance.
29th January 2015, 01:10 PM   |  #434  
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 118

448 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeshuz

Well so much for 1.5 I guess. I hope the dev is okay though. Who knows what happened, but I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck.

With that being said, has anyone found a fix for GPS? I have tried every single firmware out there (DH's, aer0zer0's, SROM) - I just can't get GPS to work. The thing is, it works with other Lollipop ROMS such as DH's GPE and LiquidSmooth - so I wonder if it's even really firmware related? If anyone could chime in I would really appreciate it. This ROM seems to be stable in all aspects that others seem to fall, EXCEPT for GPS, which I absolutely need. Thanks in advance.

This works for me every time

1. Ruu back to sense 4.4.4
Don't bother setting it up, you don't care
2. Get a lock with GPS fix with your settings for location to device only, then verify with maps
3. Install the Rom, don't try to get GPS on first boot. Reboot at least once
4. Location settings back to device only, then use maps, it'll take like 20-30 seconds the first time, but after you should be good to go

Firmware doesn't matter so much as sequence of events
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2015, 01:30 PM   |  #435  
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
More
This worked! aer0zer0 to the rescue. The GPS locked and now locks almost instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

This works for me every time

1. Ruu back to sense 4.4.4
Don't bother setting it up, you don't care
2. Get a lock with GPS fix with your settings for location to device only, then verify with maps
3. Install the Rom, don't try to get GPS on first boot. Reboot at least once
4. Location settings back to device only, then use maps, it'll take like 20-30 seconds the first time, but after you should be good to go

Firmware doesn't matter so much as sequence of events

Last edited by eeshuz; 30th January 2015 at 11:22 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread