Mystery OEM Says Bye to Snapdragon 810

According to re/code, Qualcomm has stated that a “large customer” has dropped the … more

Jake Wharton talks Kotlin Development for Android

DespiteJava being the language of choice for a large majority of Android Developers, a … more

Prynt: The First Instant Camera Case

The photography sphere has a somewhat jerky lifeline, divided into the realms of print and digital … more

Stunningly Animated Morning Routine

Many of you probably have a neat and functional alarm app. But this one is a sight to behold, and you … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2 Makro lens

OP samsve

27th January 2015, 02:28 PM   |  #11  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,348

1,663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopter3161

Oh thanks for correcting me though. Btw, is this lens for zooming or macro? I really wanted, well at least 50x optical zooming capabilities for my project. Not really interested for close-up shot since i've made my own by just using cd-rom lens. Its not perfect but, well it does the job.

lol... you will hardly find 50x optical zoom lenses even for dslr cameras

if you need that much optical zoom - you better forget about mobile device for doing that...

you'd be better with the FinePix SL1000, Sony HX400V, Olympus SP-100, Canon PowerShot SX50 HS or several other compact cameras which will give you 50x optical zoom and way better pictures than any mobile device for sure...

ps:
you can also search for a cheaper dlsr that you can attach to a telescope with a proper adapter... i believe there are some budget solutions for this combo
Last edited by 60nine; 27th January 2015 at 02:31 PM.
27th January 2015, 06:29 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine

lol... you will hardly find 50x optical zoom lenses even for dslr cameras

if you need that much optical zoom - you better forget about mobile device for doing that...

you'd be better with the FinePix SL1000, Sony HX400V, Olympus SP-100, Canon PowerShot SX50 HS or several other compact cameras which will give you 50x optical zoom and way better pictures than any mobile device for sure...

ps:
you can also search for a cheaper dlsr that you can attach to a telescope with a proper adapter... i believe there are some budget solutions for this combo

Yeah i know it is ridiculous to even begin with. Lol. It is just i am very interested in this kind of thing. My brother just got me 200x telescopic lens for my d90 and i started to see a whole new things to fiddle with. It is amazing!

Beware ladies. Lol. Just joking. Dont ever do unethical things like peeping tom could. Even if it fun.
Yesterday, 11:59 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I wish i had a Makro lens for my G2. All the photos that was taken with makro lens, look so great
Today, 12:48 PM   |  #14  
Flag Zagreb

1,663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosre

I wish i had a Makro lens for my G2. All the photos that was taken with makro lens, look so great

believe me - macro lens on phones are PITA to use... especially if you don't have a dedicated photo capture button on your device (and G2 doesn't have it - at least not on the bezel side instead of the buttons on behind of the case)

you can grab a macro lens from ebay for as much as 10$ or less...

downsides are:
- very hard to focus due to being unable to keep the device steady that close to the subject (and you have to be very, very close to the subject to get it in focus)
- on G2 - the macro lens always has a black circle vignette around the image (lens hardly covers the whole frame without the vignette "effect")
- not so sharp images as the real macro photos
- a bit clunky to use because it clips on the device (instead of screwing to the case like i.e. on iPhones)

good points:
- nice for fun (especially if you don't have a normal camera - dslr or compact)
- gives almost a natural bokeh to the macro image (which isn't possible with phone lenses)

my 2 cents
Last edited by 60nine; Today at 12:50 PM.
Today, 04:02 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60nine

believe me - macro lens on phones are PITA to use... especially if you don't have a dedicated photo capture button on your device (and G2 doesn't have it - at least not on the bezel side instead of the buttons on behind

This one problem could actually be resolved by using voice-activated command on G2 stock camera app. It is called cheese shutter and this function is pretty great though.
Today, 04:03 PM   |  #16  
Flag Zagreb

1,663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopter3161

This one problem could actually be resolved by using voice-activated command on G2 stock camera app. It is called cheese shutter and this function is pretty great though.

yes, it might work - but as i've said, it's the "holding the device still" that's PITA the most
Today, 04:56 PM   |  #17  
Flag Košice
Thanks Meter: 37

216 posts
More
Some of those acceptable pics (many are really really close up, but you can't really tell what it is, so I won't even post them)
Human hair

Sponge

IEM earphone wires (different lens)

Salt (or sugar)

Sugar (or salt)

Surface of a HDD disc
Today, 05:55 PM   |  #18  
Flag Zagreb

1,663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick19

Some of those acceptable pics (many are really really close up, but you can't really tell what it is, so I won't even post them)

what lens and device did you use for this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread