FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

17th January 2015, 11:48 PM |#31  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioannis66

I am also interested in this case. Can someone share more information about the built in screen protection? How does it work? Is it possible to remove it and buy a tempered glass protector if I want to?

I have been doing the tempered glass + Otterbox Defender for a few of my phones for quite a while. It fits, but it's very tight because most tempered glass protectors are about .3mm tall. The fit will be a lot better if you can get a thinner tempered glass protector like the MIME feather glass--but MIME doesn't make the feather glass for the Note Pro. I don't have any experience doing this with the Note Pro though so I'm not sure if it will fit the same way.

The screen protector is glued onto the case and can easily be removed. You might be able to get it to fit, but it will be very tight. I might try this out some time
The Following User Says Thank You to Evo 4G63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th January 2015, 02:31 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello,

My set up is exactly that...
OtterBox with screen removed with tempered glass screen protector for note pro 12.2.

It works. Fits tight and with out any noticeable stress on the screen or tablet.

When removing the built in screen, go slow and you'll have easier time removing adhesive stripe used to hold the screen.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to godzebu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2015, 06:07 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzebu

Hello,

My set up is exactly that...
OtterBox with screen removed with tempered glass screen protector for note pro 12.2.

It works. Fits tight and with out any noticeable stress on the screen or tablet.

When removing the built in screen, go slow and you'll have easier time removing adhesive stripe used to hold the screen.

Good luck!

Hello, can you post a short close up video with your otterbox + tempered glass protector? Are there specific spots that the otterbox pushes the screen protector? Thank you!!!
18th January 2015, 06:29 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I took some pictures but can't seem to upload it here.

Message me your email address and send them to ya directly. I took pictures in following three settings .

One setting is in the dark with brightness set low while displaying white background.

Second is brightness set high and displaying black.

Third is close up where you can tell there is glass screen protector is on (mine does not cover the front facing camera ).

Enjoy !

Last edited by godzebu; 18th January 2015 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to godzebu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2015, 09:13 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Thanks you so much for the reviews and pictures guys. I'm in the UK, and after abit of Google group i found one for 60.

I bought this because I wanted something that would protect the corners of the 12.2 when dropped on the floor while also standing portrait on my lap for watching TV. The cheap leather cases/stands don't protect corners, and I believe other rugged cases with small kick stands wouldn't work well on my lap.

I'm currently waiting for my tablet and case to arrive in the post and I can't wait. Both for 360 is a bargain. Payed for by the home insurance claim for my broken ipad2 =)

One minor complaint, from reading reviews it seams the stand holds the tablet at one of two angles? I'm worried the viewing angle may be imperfect and that being unable to adjust it will be frustrating. Am I correct about this? Does anyone have any thoughts on modifying it to allow an additional angle?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread