No registration required

[KERNEL][CM / MIUI][12.12.14] Williams kernel v5

OP pec0ra

12th January 2015, 09:16 AM   |  #481  
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
More
Better than CM11's included kernel
I installed the latest CM11 Nightlies and it was very smooth, but there was lag whenever I tapped the home and recent apps buttons. I was about to switch to a different ROM, but I decided that I would try a different kernel. I installed this kernel and the lag is gone now!
13th January 2015, 01:33 PM   |  #482  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 207

646 posts
Donate to Me
More
Too bad the v5 crashes the VLC as well. Is this has to do with hardware decoding?
23rd January 2015, 04:16 PM   |  #483  
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 89

433 posts
More
Does anyone have any recommended Performance settings to minimise lag on FXP349 using this kernel? At the moment im using Stock frequencies, lagfree governor and deadline IO. 16bit transparency is off and so is purging assets.

Any tips on this would be much appreciated!
25th January 2015, 01:53 AM   |  #484  

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165

Does anyone have any recommended Performance settings to minimise lag on FXP349 using this kernel? At the moment im using Stock frequencies, lagfree governor and deadline IO. 16bit transparency is off and so is purging assets.

Any tips on this would be much appreciated!

I'm using stock frequencies, Interactive governor and Sio IO on official nightlies. I don't know if it's because of bugs in the latest nightlies or if it's the theme engine, but my phone's been pretty crashy lately...
The Following User Says Thank You to Plum Crazy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 06:14 AM   |  #485  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 29

74 posts
More
does this work on cm 12 lbl?
Will there be problem s if I flash this on the latest cm 12 build by bagyusz?
Sorry to sound like a noob, but if there will be NPs in flashing this, I will test this and give feedback to others..
26th January 2015, 12:02 AM   |  #486  

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvaklnprm

Will there be problem s if I flash this on the latest cm 12 build by bagyusz?
Sorry to sound like a noob, but if there will be NPs in flashing this, I will test this and give feedback to others..

No, you will need to use Williams kernel for stock ROM's.
27th January 2015, 05:53 PM   |  #487  
Flag New delhi
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum Crazy

No, you will need to use Williams kernel for stock ROM's.

are you sure brother, as it is cyanogenmod 12, and the stock based is only for 4.3 ... i was also looking for the same answer as what kernel should i flash.
27th January 2015, 11:42 PM   |  #488  

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising GEnesys

are you sure brother, as it is cyanogenmod 12, and the stock based is only for 4.3 ... i was also looking for the same answer as what kernel should i flash.

The ROM is made to work with locked bootloader devices which are using the 4.3 kernel. So you need to either use that kernel or a modified 4.3 kernel. I'm pretty sure that there's some more steps you have to go through, make sure you look at those before doing anything
Yesterday, 08:38 PM   |  #489  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Report:
Williams v5 reboots system with freeze and stripey screen-fade occuring before. Used v4 and after 2-3 days these symptoms also showed to me. I hoped that v5 would fix that issue, but the freeze-stripefade-reboot happened before system even started for good.

So it's not a msm_mpdecision's fault. It must be something else. Or I have to tweak something (but with system which doesn't boot properly, how can I?). I flashed kernel through CWM.

Really. with CM kernel I have "saved, secured with wpa2" problem and can't connect to wifi network (newest CM11 nightly, standard CM kernel) and I thought that kernel change would help. I don't know which kernel is the best, so I counted on Williams. Not sure if there is any other kernel for newest CM11.

So how to get it work? I know there are some people whose phones work OK with this kernel. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Today, 12:25 AM   |  #490  
Thanks Meter: 10

38 posts
Had the same until downgraded to CM11 from Jan 5th. It's CM issue I think.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread