Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 3.31.65x.2 | Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 12.23.14

OP O.M.J

Yesterday, 09:40 AM   |  #1531  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MICH
Thanks Meter: 2,943

2,340 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipetloudog

Yes I am and no it does not work.

Have you tried the .EXE RUU?
Yesterday, 10:40 AM   |  #1532  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
First off, I'd like to state that I flashed my unlocked and rooted device with the Google Play Edition Port for the Sprint M8 - Android 5.0. The only problem was that wifi wasn't working. I found out that the wifi wasn't working due to outdated firmware, so here I am. DOH!

I'm trying to use FUU to update my Sprint HTC One M8 's firmware with the 3.31.651.2 Full Firmware (OTA). At first, I received the ERROR 170 [USB]. I then updated the HTC drivers 4.2.0, and restarted my device into fastboot mode. I made some progress, and then got stuck on ERROR 155 [IMAGE ERROR] Through even more research I now realize that my device should also be S-OFF. , I now realize My device is currently NOT S-OFF. I believe I could make it become S-OFF with Sunshine but that'd cost $25.

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...uu-m8-t2813792)
For “Error 155 relock bootloader" do:
- Since my thread works only with S-OFF phones anyway, this error can be read as: you need to S-OFF first!

I'm looking at the other two methods for flashing my firmware to 3.31.651.2 but I've really no clue about Hboot/fastboot. Don't those two methods require S-OFF also?

I just want to get working wifi on my device with the GPE port 5.0 ROM.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yesterday, 11:22 AM   |  #1533  
Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,334

4,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurs3D

First off, I'd like to state that I flashed my unlocked and rooted device with the Google Play Edition Port for the Sprint M8 - Android 5.0. The only problem was that wifi wasn't working. I found out that the wifi wasn't working due to outdated firmware, so here I am. DOH!

I'm trying to use FUU to update my Sprint HTC One M8 's firmware with the 3.31.651.2 Full Firmware (OTA). At first, I received the ERROR 170 [USB]. I then updated the HTC drivers 4.2.0, and restarted my device into fastboot mode. I made some progress, and then got stuck on ERROR 155 [IMAGE ERROR] Through even more research I now realize that my device should also be S-OFF. , I now realize My device is currently NOT S-OFF. I believe I could make it become S-OFF with Sunshine but that'd cost $25.

- Since my thread works only with S-OFF phones anyway, this error can be read as: you need to S-OFF first!

I'm looking at the other two methods for flashing my firmware to 3.31.651.2 but I've really no clue about Hboot/fastboot. Don't those two methods require S-OFF also?

To run a RUU while S-on you simply need to relock your bootloader using the fastboot oem lock command. Afterwards, you can run the RUU from your computer. I typically run them while connected via Fastboot USB mode instead of while booted to the Android OS, as I've run across connectivity issues while trying to RUU the latter way.
Yesterday, 01:06 PM   |  #1534  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,525

12,646 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipetloudog

Yes I am and no it does not work.

Yes, it does.

If it's not working for you, it's because your firmware is outdated. Update it, and WiFi will work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:07 PM   |  #1535  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MICH

2,340 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You are much better off spending the $25 to s-off as it will eliminate a lot grief. Once you are you can flash firmware and use RUU's and not worry about locking or unlocking the bootloader anymore.
Today, 01:02 AM   |  #1536  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

To run a RUU while S-on you simply need to relock your bootloader using the fastboot oem lock command. Afterwards, you can run the RUU from your computer. I typically run them while connected via Fastboot USB mode instead of while booted to the Android OS, as I've run across connectivity issues while trying to RUU the latter way.

I relocked my bootloader using the fastboot oem lock command like you said. My phone now says RELOCKED Security Warning, etc.

I then try to run the RUU from my computer using FUU/ARUWIZARD but now I receive the ERROR 132 SIGNATURE ERROR, telling me to get the correct firmware for my phone and to try again. I've also tried to flash via fastboot with the Fastboot oem rebootRUU and Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip commands but I just get 12 signature very fail errors.

Now I'm stuck at the boot menu and can't seem to get into recovery or boot into android.
Today, 01:08 AM   |  #1537  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MICH

2,340 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I relocked my bootloader using the fastboot oem lock command like you said. My phone now says RELOCKED Security Warning, etc.

I then try to run the RUU from my computer using FUU/ARUWIZARD but now I receive the ERROR 132 SIGNATURE ERROR, telling me to get the correct firmware for my phone and to try again. I've also tried to flash via fastboot with the Fastboot oem rebootRUU and Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip commands but I just get 12 signature very fail errors.

Now I'm stuck at the boot menu and can't seem to get into recovery or boot into android.

After relocking the bootloader you need to reboot to fastboot, Are you using the correct RUU? There is onr for the HK model and one for the non HK model
Today, 01:45 AM   |  #1538  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3

After relocking the bootloader you need to reboot to fastboot, Are you using the correct RUU? There is one for the HK model and one for the non HK model

My phone is currently in FASTBOOT USB
It's also RELOCKED
Security Warning

As for the RUU, I'm trying to use 3.31.651.2 Full Firmware from OTA (fastboot flashable): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729173. Currently I am on 2.16.654.4 which was stock with the phone. I have a Sprint HTC One M8 non HK edition. I mean, I don't see Harmon Kardon on the back of my phone so I'm pretty sure it's not an HK edition.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread