Tmobile US Sony Z1s Root Bounty ($670.00) CLOSED Root Achieved!!!

OP epsix

28th January 2015, 05:35 AM   |  #1321  
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
More
Broken root
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Geez no one can get root working? Full details are posted everywhere. Fine, here.

Dear Sony, :/ sorry for violating my self imposed embargo, someone else outed the vulnerability and build exploits (See z2 root) based on google patches before August. It was happening with or without beaups and I. Either google needs a longer embargo, or us carriers need to be faster to allow updates.

If bounty still exists, please send to jcase@cunninglogic.com, I will split with @beaups and then dispense my half to the charity of my choice. If it doesn't, I hope everyone got their money back.

donations can also be sent to jcase@cunninglogic.com, please note what they are for so i can split them with beaups

Code:
adb push pwn /data/local/tmp/pwn

adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/pwn

adb shell /data/local/tmp/pwn
then wait until adb works agian, and then reboot

Someone else will have to setup a proper way to disable write to system, however running /system/xbin/kill_ric.sh will disable ric and allow you to write to system until reboot. Until a better approach is setup, i suggest using some on boot app to run it as root.

You will need supersu app from the market. Dont ask me for support if you didn't follow directions, dont ask me for support unless it throws errors.

This rooting method appears to work and allows root apps, once installed, to request root access. They have limited abilities to function and many to not perform fully or at all. Titanium, for instance, thinks it is removing bloatware successfully. When in realty the software remains intact and untouched. SuperSU binaries will not install and the xprivacy process fails completely. I have reflashed the stock firmware with flashtool and gone through the process multiple times. The result is always the exact same. Is there a functional root method out there for the C6916 xperia Z1S? I have gone up to 4.4.4 in the mean time until a root method older firmwares can be found. The only 2 I have are a very old JB 14.2.C.0.159 and the new KK 14.4.B.0.56. I need a slightly older kernel to perform a functional root on and the kernel only FTF file from 14.4.B.0.56 to flash back on after root. Does anyone know where I can get a newer firmware with a reliable root method? Thanks to all who reply!
30th January 2015, 05:27 AM   |  #1322  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Having trouble
My adb is messed up or something, I copy each line of the code exactly and what happens is after entering the first line says "cannot stat 'pwn': No such file or directory" am I putting the file in the wrong place? Any help appreciated! thanks for helping!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread