FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Tab 4 7.0 forgets wifi

11th August 2014, 02:42 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Think I have a solution http://tinyurl.com/nfbgxds
Hope 5th is will help out so far so good for me!

25th September 2014, 03:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lightbulb
I just got this tab 4 7 inch last week and I am having the same problem with connections showing connected but not having any data transfer. The steps in the above link did not help for me.
I have updated to the latest firmware posted on sammobile, both the Canada version and the nook (BNN) version. Neither have made a difference.

I have found another thread in thisnforrum for this same problem, and there wasn't any solution there either.

I did find wha I think might be solution but haven't proofed it yet. in the build prop there was two "ro.carrier" lines. I think there is only supposed to be one, so I commented out one.

Original Example:

ro.carrier=wifi only

ro.carrier=unknown

Changed example:

ro.carrier=wifi only

#ro.carrier=unknown

If anybody can confirm this makes a difference or not please post results

EDIT::

After two weeks without problem anymore it appears the fix was the static IP address not the build prop change.

I found threads going back to at least 2007 about Samsung devices having trouble with dhcp and all the solutions being manually assign a static IP to the device.
Last edited by mrmazak; 8th October 2014 at 10:00 PM.
7th October 2014, 04:50 AM |#13  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Same issue here. Sometimes I have to cycle the WiFi every webpage!

Both of the above solutions didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Edit: Okay, I may have found the issue, at least for me. Turns out, the tablet was auto-assigning the same IP as my RasPi. After setting a static IP, everything looks okay from here. Hope this helps!
Last edited by Lacedaemon; 7th October 2014 at 05:03 AM.
4th November 2014, 01:56 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Changing to static IP did nothing, I was having to reset wifi on the tab every time I turned on the screen.
I even had wifi fixer constantly running.

Finally updated to NJ3 and everything is working properly.
Looks like it's a FW issue.
30th January 2015, 05:46 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry correction-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Example:

ro.carrier=wifi only

ro.carrier=unknown

Changed example:

ro.carrier=wifi only

#ro.carrier=unknown

If anybody can confirm this makes a difference or not please post results

EDIT::

After two weeks without problem anymore it appears the fix was the static IP address not the build prop change.

I found threads going back to at least 2007 about Samsung devices having trouble with dhcp and all the solutions being manually assign a static IP to the device.

It should be one line:
ro.carrier=wifi-only
Script can be added however by attacting to the rom on the correct line parameters and scripting for digital on board configuration (no smart card) QMAL gsm, gprs, 3g, 4g, even lte or 5g, or 6g, no sim card required researve slot for world phone, or dual networking. The problem is each phone has to be separately programmed so cell companiesnhave walked away from needing higher qualified employees by switching to smart cards. Cost way less and employes way less people and note, your phone didnt cost you a penny less. I been doing cell phone tweaking since the motorolla brick was cool. Currently I used Samsung Galaxy Note 8010 64-bit 32 gig converted to XAC (its the industry's mobile payment recieveing device you see at bars, its made from the model previous mentioned)[to-wit-it says on their site not to tell anyone about]-or else- build then added Debian, Jessie. Then switched the imei to XAC, installed the telephony.manager.is_network_roaming=true along with the prpper scripting for the support and am hooked up to Sask-Tell. Once I got it connected and registered so it had a sign in address with the system i swutched the imei to all 000000000000's now they dont even send me a bill. But it works. The guy at the phone company couldnt even tell me where i was calling him from and he said my phone was disconnected while I was on the phone with him from the disconnected number. lmfao have a good day.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread