Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

TWRP 2.6.3.3 Media Pad S7Lite 931W/WD/U BETA

29th March 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

100 posts
Thank you for you're reply. I will for now, keep my device as it is. Thank you for you're time.
14th January 2015, 12:49 PM   |  #12  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
More
just to let any Linux user know I have created a tutorial to flash OP's TWRP here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...pad-7-t3002557
28th January 2015, 03:12 AM   |  #13  
Flag Perth

61 posts
More
OK just tested TWRP sideload with Linux PC that has udev rule set up and adb running
below image is Linux command

second image is of result in tablet, zip chosen was Chainfire's supersu

#############################
sorry if next appears negative, I am not an expert just seeking to clarify some things

I have unpacked our TWRP and it appears to be a port of another device.

eg inside build.prop I can see
Quote:

ro.product.brand=yuandao
ro.product.model=n70s

secondly inside init.rc there is no line to import the usb rc file instead I only see this import
Quote:

import /init.recovery.rk30board.rc

OOOH there is no usb rc file but I can bodgee one up if you are interested.

altho I have no experience with TWRP I have ported 3 CTRs that show at needrom, so I have some skills....modest too

Did you guys focus on the big picture and forget to update the text files?

Do you mind if I have a go at fixing and either pm you a download link or forum link?

cheers and thanks for reading
28th January 2015, 07:20 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

231 posts
More
Hmmm!?
28th January 2015, 11:52 PM   |  #15  
Flag Perth

61 posts
More
I am sorry to bring more bad news......but I think I have a found a possible answer to why the id is wrong in TWRP.

EDIT and I am hoping this is the reason why fastboot is not working for me, altho I know not all devices support fastboot. As my udev is right, rebooting and looking for fastboot is currently a fail........but thats one more test I shall have to do in rebuilding our TWRP.

The id is wrong in the stock BOOT image unpacked. That is, our porter may have taken that id as gospel without checking it independently. Also I am aware our device will still have different ids such as for the modem which is often a different manufacturer........I am often wrong.....but this I feel explains the human error in TWRP.

It shows for its init.rc
Quote:

write /sys/class/android_usb/android0/idVendor 18d1

forgive me for pointing out the correct id is 12d1 as showing here
http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

For anyone interested 18d1 is Google.

2) EDIT I was initially planning to have a go at fixing our current TWRP. The time to edit and check stuff is roughly the same time and effort to port a more recent TWRP.

For that reason, if I brick my device, only I have bricked it and all other users are not mislead.......giggles.

I have found that Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is a 7 inch 600 x 1024 pixels and someone has kindly uploaded TWRP 2.8.4.0 for it at the TWRP site. So fingers crossed I can port that correctly. Later, if device is still alive, I can mod our boot image to correct specs.

cheers and thanks for reading
Last edited by aus9; 29th January 2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: add boot and new intentions
The Following User Says Thank You to aus9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2015, 08:53 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

231 posts
More
Go ahead.. Let us know what can you accomplish.. Remember samsung doesnt use Rk flatform.. If you want to go further more.. You can ask Abdul.. He is a very helpful guy
29th January 2015, 10:24 PM   |  #17  
Flag Perth

61 posts
More
edit

slightly off topic so removed.
Last edited by aus9; 30th January 2015 at 10:04 AM.
30th January 2015, 10:03 AM   |  #18  
Flag Perth

61 posts
More
Hi

rather than pollute this nice thread about TWRP for our device I have started a new thread on some of my thoughts, feel free to peruse, abuse or comment there. I won't post any more here until I have a proven result or 2 or 6

I hope you understand why I am posting this as well?
cheers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/huaw...notes-t3016947

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread