[APP][4.0+] Forum Fiend

OP bastecklein

13th January 2015, 11:10 PM   |  #111  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,255

4,356 posts
More
I have a question regarding the new option for forum owners to monetise their forums when viewed via Forum Fiend. Will these ads be displayed if I purchase the ad free option? I understand the need for forums to make money to pay for hosting/bandwidth etc, but if they're still visible then the distinction should be made with the "Remove advertising" option.

Also pertaining to that, can you explain the reasoning behind an ongoing subscription to remove the ads, rather than a one off payment? I'd like to support your development of this app, but would rather not sign up for a subscription to do so. I would sooner it just be a larger one off payment. Could this option be added somehow?

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work.

Sent from my C6603
Last edited by kingvortex; 14th January 2015 at 12:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 02:50 PM   |  #112  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 57

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman51

Still can't get those 3 forums, even though they work in TT

Yeah, still working on it.
14th January 2015, 02:54 PM   |  #113  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

I have a question regarding the new option for forum owners to monetise their forums when viewed via Forum Fiend. Will these ads be displayed if I purchase the ad free option? I understand the need for forums to make money to pay for hosting/bandwidth etc, but if they're still visible then the distinction should be made with the "Remove advertising" option.

Also pertaining to that, can you explain the reasoning behind an ongoing subscription to remove the ads, rather than a one off payment? I'd like to support your development of this app, but would rather not sign up for a subscription to do so. I would sooner it just be a larger one off payment. Could this option be added somehow?

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work.

Sent from my C6603

The forum owner ads will not be shown in the ad-free version. I do not really have a way for forum owners to monetize off of people who have paid, but I figured that at least the option to put their ads in the app is better than nothing.

As for the subscription, I really didn't have any grand reasoning for it, it's just what I picked. I suppose I could just change it to a one time charge if people don't like the subscription option. Of course I have to be fair to those who already subscribed. Maybe I will put a choice in the next update where people can pick either/or method.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bastecklein For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 04:58 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastecklein

Updated Forum Fiend last night. Corrected most of the major crashes as reported through the Google Play error console.

Ah, excellent. I'd had to revert back to Tapatalk due to getting a crash every second or third thread (many of those reports ill have been mine), and many blank pages on thread list.

I'll give it another go.

BTW, can I confirm whether you can see thread content from the crash reports?

cheers, Martin
14th January 2015, 08:12 PM   |  #115  
OP Member
Flag Overland Park

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP99

BTW, can I confirm whether you can see thread content from the crash reports?

I can not see thread content in the crash reports. Here I have attached an example of exactly what the crash reports look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crash_report.png
Views:	262
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	3115232
17th January 2015, 04:03 PM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 34

133 posts
I still get empty pages quite often.
also my new posts often don't appear on the forum, duo I have to do it twice

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forum Fiend v1.3.
Yesterday, 05:03 AM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 33

196 posts
Hi. Your app is really nice. Better than tapatalk at the moment. But the performance is really laggy when browsing the forums.

Sent from my XT1039 using Forum Fiend
Yesterday, 06:43 PM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 34

133 posts
my Version always says: update available, but I'm already on the latest Google play store version

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forum Fiend v1.3.
Today, 01:01 PM   |  #119  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Inbox issue present on Xenforo + large inbox here

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread