[ROM] Eclipse Note 3 TW - 2.2 (1/13/15) - Real AOSP styling! KitKat has arrived!!

Search This thread

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
Just thought I'd share some battery shots.
Thanks for the great rom Nitro.
I have had a lot higher screen time with this build.
This by far gets plenty of battery life for us phone guys.
I do use titanium for stuff I don't use and Greenify.
I had location and location reporting on this whole time which is a known battery hog so I'm impressed.

Attachments

• 1421892558808.jpg
    1421892558808.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 734
  • 1421892574600.jpg
    1421892574600.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 728
Reactions: Ohh_Trenton

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
is this for safestrap note 3 or only dev editions? IF its for safestrap just flash as usual?

mickeyx323

Jul 14, 2008
San Antonio
Pen window

Anyone having issues with pen window? There were no apps to add so i used pen window manager and now when i try to add apps it crashes

Last edited:

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
Just wanted to give a shout out to +nitroglycerine33
You are just an amazing person buddy. This rom has been the one to satisfy my wife Note 3 out of the bunch and Now you're on my G3 we're both in Nitro bliss :laugh: menage a tois
I have been a fan since the older galaxies man. Just know you made this house a happy one. I want to shoot over a gratitude of thanks in another form also. I just need a little time my friend. Thank you for everything.

Reactions: nitroglycerine33

weaverinva

Apr 29, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
This is a blast from the past... But what is the path from Eclipse 1.1 to v2 with the unified firmware. I apologize if I asked before.

I have the unified firmware but I want to make sure i know how to move from safestrap 3.65 to 3.72 b04 properly. I don't think I have flash the entire leaked nc2 anymore.

Guidance appreciated.

Reactions: crhylove

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
This is a blast from the past... But what is the path from Eclipse 1.1 to v2 with the unified firmware. I apologize if I asked before.

I have the unified firmware but I want to make sure i know how to move from safestrap 3.65 to 3.72 b04 properly. I don't think I have flash the entire leaked nc2 anymore.

Guidance appreciated.

Can you give me a little more info as far as which kernel your on now? Maybe a screen shot? Also which build android was 1.1? Was it 4.4.2? It's been awhile.
Also your going to wanna be on SafeStrap 3.75 build 4 for kitkat roms.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Here's the post for the unified firmware which uses the nc2 kernel.
You will probably want to update to this firmware then flash the new Eclipse build.
After getting on the new firmware you need to update to the new Safestrap.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53508270

Reactions: weaverinva

weaverinva

Apr 29, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Can you give me a little more info as far as which kernel your on now? Maybe a screen shot? Also which build android was 1.1? Was it 4.4.2? It's been awhile.
Also your going to wanna be on SafeStrap 3.75 build 4 for kitkat roms.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Here's the post for the unified firmware which uses the nc2 kernel.
You will probably want to update to this firmware then flash the new Eclipse build.
After getting on the new firmware you need to update to the new Safestrap.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53508270

Thank you.

So I am on MJE release with Android version 4.3. My kernel version is 3.4.0.

I would have to flash the unified firmware after flashing Eclipse 2.2,correct? But the problem is that I don't think I can flash Eclipse 2.2 wth safestrap 3.65. So the path might be that I have to flash the full leaked nc2 rom (to get proper bootloader and native recovery), install safestrap 3.75, then flash Eclipse 2.2, and then flash the unified firmware nc2/nc4. Then make sure safestrap is operational or load again.

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
Thank you.

So I am on MJE release with Android version 4.3. My kernel version is 3.4.0.

I would have to flash the unified firmware after flashing Eclipse 2.2,correct? But the problem is that I don't think I can flash Eclipse 2.2 wth safestrap 3.65. So the path might be that I have to flash the full leaked nc2 rom (to get proper bootloader and native recovery), install safestrap 3.75, then flash Eclipse 2.2, and then flash the unified firmware nc2/nc4. Then make sure safestrap is operational or load again.

You can flash that build I linked you to with safestrap 3.65 and then use Odin to flash the firmware. Then you will be on the unified NC2/NC4 build which uses the nc2 kernel. After your all updated, update to safestrap 3.75 and then flash Eclipse 2.2.

It's been a long time ago since I updated to nc2 then went to the unified firmware.
If you follow some of the update threads you should be good.
@DutchDogg54 has a great how to update thread here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528707

[Firmware][Guide][Q&A] FIRMWARE MIRROR / OTA & ROOT GUIDE / TECHNICAL Q&A

Last edited:

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Juat got this Note 3 yesterday. First device I've ever owned that had the locked bootloader and required Safestrap. Not a big deal. It came with the NC4 OTA, got it rooted, Safestrap 3.72 installed, off to the races.

Wanted to install this ROM and was looking at what is required to flash it. As I understand, I need to flash the ROM in the stock slot, then boot into download and use Odin to flash the kernel from the unified firmware. My issue right nownis a USB cord that doesn't like to stay connected. So I am afraid that it will disconnect halfway through using Odin.

What I am wondering is of I can use mobile Odin on the NC4 firmware to flash the kernel then flash this in Safestrap. Or is the safest bet to find someone with a USB cable I can use long enough to do it through desktop Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
Juat got this Note 3 yesterday. First device I've ever owned that had the locked bootloader and required Safestrap. Not a big deal. It came with the NC4 OTA, got it rooted, Safestrap 3.72 installed, off to the races.

Wanted to install this ROM and was looking at what is required to flash it. As I understand, I need to flash the ROM in the stock slot, then boot into download and use Odin to flash the kernel from the unified firmware. My issue right nownis a USB cord that doesn't like to stay connected. So I am afraid that it will disconnect halfway through using Odin.

What I am wondering is of I can use mobile Odin on the NC4 firmware to flash the kernel then flash this in Safestrap. Or is the safest bet to find someone with a USB cable I can use long enough to do it through desktop Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V
You need to use Odin on your PC.

Mr. Argent

Dec 25, 2010
Elmhurst, IL
I just updated to the last version after a data/cache wipe - I can't seem to change my lockscreen settings. the device just completely fails to acknowledge I'm trying to set up a pin and leaves it on "swipe" -- anyone have any idea what's up there? Thanks!

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
I just updated to the last version after a data/cache wipe - I can't seem to change my lockscreen settings. the device just completely fails to acknowledge I'm trying to set up a pin and leaves it on "swipe" -- anyone have any idea what's up there? Thanks!

I just noticed today after playing with lockscreen settings that is doesn't appear to show the shortcuts I have added (Messenger, Email, etc). Maybe I just missed something?

Still, overall a great ROM considering the locked bootloader deal. I'm digging it completely.

Sent from my SM-N900V

Nabraham

Sep 23, 2010
I just noticed today after playing with lockscreen settings that is doesn't appear to show the shortcuts I have added (Messenger, Email, etc). Maybe I just missed something?

Still, overall a great ROM considering the locked bootloader deal. I'm digging it completely.

Sent from my SM-N900V

I had this issue as well...but i'm still running Eclipse 2.1 (because it's badass). I ended up installing Gravity Box and it has a section to customize the lockscreen with any shortcut you want. You need Xposed Installer to use Gravity Box though and i don't believe Nitro officially supports them. Just a heads up.

Works well for me though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Eclipse for the Galaxy Note 3. This is based off of 4.4.2 NC4 Unified firmware for Verizon Wireless.

Eclipse Note 3 Screenshots
    1KK.png

2KK.png

3KK.png

2.png

Introduction
    This upgrade to KitKat has been a long long road for me. I have brought to you one of the most complete AOSP experiences ever. This was a complete rewrite in code for me. Thank you for being patient during the wait! Enjoy your stay!

Thanks
    Vertumus, CM, and others who I have learned from in the past.

General Overview
    What I have modded from stock:
    Removed all Verizon bloat
    Removed all Amazon bloat
    Removed remaining misc bloat
    Removed Samsung Hub
    Removed Samsung updater
    Removed KNOX
    Removed Verizon setup wizard
    AOSP Browser
    AOSP Contacts
    AOSP/Google Dialer
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Calendar
    AOSP Clock
    AOSP Email
    AOSP Mms
    AOSP lockscreen
    AOSP Interface
    AOSP Audio
    AOSP Setup Wizard
    Knox Free
    Rooted, zipaligned, deodexed
    Custom Bootanimation support
    CM File Manager
    Nova Launcher
    Retains S-Pen features
    Fixed external sdcard permissions
    Enabled hotspot/tethering
    Disabled IME toggle when typing
    Pin exchange bypass
    Clear all recents
    RAM bar

More to come in future releases!! This is the initial KitKat build! Dark/inverted apps will be coming soon!

Changelog
    Code:
    v2.2
    Added battery styles/options (Galaxy Gadgets update in Play Store)
    More framework cleanup

v2.1.1
    Fixed home button lag
    Fixed wifi passwords not saving and autoconnect
    Optimized build for a smoother experience

v2.1
    Complete overhaul to NC4
    Fixed up games using older framework
    Touch of Lollipop UI
    Google Messenger 
    Nova Launcher is back
    Lollipop Email with Exchange PIN hack
    AOSP download UI
    All google apps up to date
    Google Calendar
    Much more optimized than NC2

v2.0.1
    Fixed NPE exceptions in apps (Line app will now work)
    Updated market apps
    Removed Nova Launcher and replaced with Google Now Launcher (backup your old settings)
    AOSP lockscreen music controls
    Fix force close when adding an event in the contacts app
    Added GoogleTTS
    Increased pulldown notification speed
    New in-call dialer! More AOSP now!
    Fixed mobile data toggle
    Fixed clear all recents when in landscape mode

v2.0
    Update to KitKat!!
    More features will come in future builds!

Notes
    -You must be running NC4 unified firmware prior to installing Eclipse 2.1

Known Bugs
    none

Downloads
    Eclipse Note 3 v2.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722642268

Got the rom? Now get in CONTROL!! Grab Galaxy Gadgets from the Play Store Today!
    GalaxyGadgetsN3KK.png

Galaxy Gadgets Pro settings
    Clock Color
    Center clock
    AM/PM
    Show date
    Battery percentage
    Signal Text
    Hide signal bars
    Show network speed
    Statusbar brightness slider
    Customize tiles/toggles in just about every way
    Recents RAM bar
    Custom battery styles/options

Download Galaxy Gadgets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipse.galaxygadgets *new version will be in the Play Store soon!

*Less features and functionality
    Download Galaxy Gadgets Lite: http://elementalxdesigns.com/downloads/nitroglycerine33/note3/GalaxyGadgetsliteN3KK.apk

For those of you who would like to show additional support there is a "Supporter Edition" of Galaxy Gadgets as well. Same features as the normal Galaxy Gadgets app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipse.galaxygadgetsse

Eclipse Banners
    EclipseSupporter2small.png

"Supporter"

EclipseSupporter1small.png

"Dont get left in the dark"

Download all banners zip (includes larger images): http://elementalxdesigns.com/downloads/nitroglycerine33/supporter/supporterbanners.zip

Donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Elemental X Designs!
    Follow me on Twitter "@Nitroglycerin33"
    Yea he checks in more than everyone thinks. But he's a really busy fella.

That is true. :)

AOSP goodness will be coming soon :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Needs some work.. but making progress. :)
    7e9ybana.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    It is later than I expected but I am uploading the build now!
    Eclipse 2.0 is up in the OP!