Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] Eclipse Note 3 TW - 2.2 (1/13/15) - Real AOSP styling! KitKat has arrived!!

OP nitroglycerine33

25th January 2015, 02:09 PM   |  #3451  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Fort
Thanks Meter: 666
 
1,570 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverinva

Thank you.

So I am on MJE release with Android version 4.3. My kernel version is 3.4.0.

I would have to flash the unified firmware after flashing Eclipse 2.2,correct? But the problem is that I don't think I can flash Eclipse 2.2 wth safestrap 3.65. So the path might be that I have to flash the full leaked nc2 rom (to get proper bootloader and native recovery), install safestrap 3.75, then flash Eclipse 2.2, and then flash the unified firmware nc2/nc4. Then make sure safestrap is operational or load again.

You can flash that build I linked you to with safestrap 3.65 and then use Odin to flash the firmware. Then you will be on the unified NC2/NC4 build which uses the nc2 kernel. After your all updated, update to safestrap 3.75 and then flash Eclipse 2.2.

It's been a long time ago since I updated to nc2 then went to the unified firmware.
If you follow some of the update threads you should be good.
@DutchDogg54 has a great how to update thread here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707

[Firmware][Guide][Q&A] FIRMWARE MIRROR / OTA & ROOT GUIDE / TECHNICAL Q&A
Last edited by Harleydroid; 25th January 2015 at 02:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harleydroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 03:08 PM   |  #3452  
TheGeekyNimrod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Juat got this Note 3 yesterday. First device I've ever owned that had the locked bootloader and required Safestrap. Not a big deal. It came with the NC4 OTA, got it rooted, Safestrap 3.72 installed, off to the races.

Wanted to install this ROM and was looking at what is required to flash it. As I understand, I need to flash the ROM in the stock slot, then boot into download and use Odin to flash the kernel from the unified firmware. My issue right nownis a USB cord that doesn't like to stay connected. So I am afraid that it will disconnect halfway through using Odin.

What I am wondering is of I can use mobile Odin on the NC4 firmware to flash the kernel then flash this in Safestrap. Or is the safest bet to find someone with a USB cable I can use long enough to do it through desktop Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V
25th January 2015, 04:10 PM   |  #3453  
nitroglycerine33's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
IA
Thanks Meter: 6,354
 
2,793 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekyNimrod

Juat got this Note 3 yesterday. First device I've ever owned that had the locked bootloader and required Safestrap. Not a big deal. It came with the NC4 OTA, got it rooted, Safestrap 3.72 installed, off to the races.

Wanted to install this ROM and was looking at what is required to flash it. As I understand, I need to flash the ROM in the stock slot, then boot into download and use Odin to flash the kernel from the unified firmware. My issue right nownis a USB cord that doesn't like to stay connected. So I am afraid that it will disconnect halfway through using Odin.

What I am wondering is of I can use mobile Odin on the NC4 firmware to flash the kernel then flash this in Safestrap. Or is the safest bet to find someone with a USB cable I can use long enough to do it through desktop Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V

You need to use Odin on your PC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 04:19 PM   |  #3454  
TheGeekyNimrod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerine33

You need to use Odin on your PC.

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply. After using AOSP for so long on other devices I'm really looking forward to giving this ROM a go. I know it won't be exactly the same, but it looks sleek and from what I've read in the thread, it will satisfy.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 05:42 PM   |  #3455  
TheGeekyNimrod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Got the cable, got the kernel, got everything flashed, and gotta say I am impressed. A tip of the cap to you. Absolutely loving this.

Sent from my SM-N900V
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGeekyNimrod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2015, 11:02 AM   |  #3456  
tw1n5nak35's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 177
 
981 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Just finished flashing to slot 2 for testing. Once testing is done, I'll put on stock side. So far so good, only had it for a few days now. Thank you for the update to this rom
The Following User Says Thank You to tw1n5nak35 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2015, 10:32 PM   |  #3457  
Mr. Argent's Avatar
Member
Flag Elmhurst, IL
Thanks Meter: 6
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I just updated to the last version after a data/cache wipe - I can't seem to change my lockscreen settings. the device just completely fails to acknowledge I'm trying to set up a pin and leaves it on "swipe" -- anyone have any idea what's up there? Thanks!
27th January 2015, 10:56 PM   |  #3458  
TheGeekyNimrod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 1,158
 
905 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Argent

I just updated to the last version after a data/cache wipe - I can't seem to change my lockscreen settings. the device just completely fails to acknowledge I'm trying to set up a pin and leaves it on "swipe" -- anyone have any idea what's up there? Thanks!

I just noticed today after playing with lockscreen settings that is doesn't appear to show the shortcuts I have added (Messenger, Email, etc). Maybe I just missed something?

Still, overall a great ROM considering the locked bootloader deal. I'm digging it completely.

Sent from my SM-N900V
Yesterday, 05:58 AM   |  #3459  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekyNimrod

I just noticed today after playing with lockscreen settings that is doesn't appear to show the shortcuts I have added (Messenger, Email, etc). Maybe I just missed something?

Still, overall a great ROM considering the locked bootloader deal. I'm digging it completely.

Sent from my SM-N900V

I had this issue as well...but i'm still running Eclipse 2.1 (because it's badass). I ended up installing Gravity Box and it has a section to customize the lockscreen with any shortcut you want. You need Xposed Installer to use Gravity Box though and i don't believe Nitro officially supports them. Just a heads up.

Works well for me though.
Today, 05:26 AM   |  #3460  
nitroglycerine33's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
IA
Thanks Meter: 6,354
 
2,793 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
It is not am issue. The shortcuts are for the TW lockscreen and not the AOSP one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes