FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Phone won't boot for 2 minutes after flashing rom

460 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By morfini, Senior Member on 26th May 2014, 04:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update

26th May 2014, 04:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfini

After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update

In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmydigital00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 05:02 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00

In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.

Thanks I will try this. Hope won't happen again
26th May 2014, 02:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I panicked after flashing AR7.0 as I thought I had bricked my M8. The screen goes black and doesnt respond, but I found that if you just leave it for a good few minutes it will boot up properly. It stays on the white HTC splash screen for a while too.
26th May 2014, 10:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's really the screen lock, but if you just leave it alone for a bit the screen will come back on and then you can tell TWRP to reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to danguyf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 12:50 PM |#6  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 35

More
First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ring_GT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 02:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring_GT

First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes so I did I. My first attempt at flashing an android custom ROM and I thought I'd balls'd it up!!
31st January 2015, 02:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL3312

Yes so I did I. My first attempt at flashing an android custom ROM and I thought I'd balls'd it up!!

pls help i did this to my phone went off and hasnt turn back on pls help
31st January 2015, 05:31 AM |#9  
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Press power + vol. Up button,
Before you flash any rom on TWRP, go to setting-screen- uncheck screen timeout on TWRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfini

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread