Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Phone won't boot for 2 minutes after flashing rom

26th May 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 35
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update
26th May 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfini

After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update

In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmydigital00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 35
 
393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00

In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.

Thanks I will try this. Hope won't happen again
26th May 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
I panicked after flashing AR7.0 as I thought I had bricked my M8. The screen goes black and doesnt respond, but I found that if you just leave it for a good few minutes it will boot up properly. It stays on the white HTC splash screen for a while too.
26th May 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
danguyf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
404 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's really the screen lock, but if you just leave it alone for a bit the screen will come back on and then you can tell TWRP to reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to danguyf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #6  
ring_GT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 31
 
369 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ring_GT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring_GT

First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes so I did I. My first attempt at flashing an android custom ROM and I thought I'd balls'd it up!!
31st January 2015, 02:31 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL3312

Yes so I did I. My first attempt at flashing an android custom ROM and I thought I'd balls'd it up!!

pls help i did this to my phone went off and hasnt turn back on pls help
31st January 2015, 05:31 AM   |  #9  
bedduxx's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
More
Press power + vol. Up button,
Before you flash any rom on TWRP, go to setting-screen- uncheck screen timeout on TWRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfini

After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update


Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes