Originally Posted by kashifmin
Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Canvas HD has finally arrived. Say thanks to @chrmhoffmann for compiling the first ever CM11 for MT6589.
ORGINAL THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2676086
CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
SIM1 for phone calls (incoming/outgoing) and SMS, data (2g, 3g)
- SIM2 is a WIP
- Audio (microphone - now also outside phone calls, loudspeaker, headphones)
- Wifi (not wifi direct)
- GPS (no A-GPS yet nor EPO assist files, so the fix can take a bit)
- hw composer
- camera for taking pictures (not video)
- wifi and usb tethering
- battery usage stats (expect the usage for Display to be very unprecise)
- candy crush, facebook and twitter
- USB OTG
What doesn't work, known bugs:
- 2nd sim card 3G switch
- Dual SIM is a WIP, not has some bugs (data connection instability, etc.)
- camera for "movies" does not work
- (hw) video en/decoding not enabled
- FM radio not available
- A-GPS does not work, GPS works though but slowish
CM11 NEXTGEN V0.1: http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00155/7Lz...-a116-v0.1.zip
GAPPS : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
(download CM11 gapps)
Changelog CM11 NEXTGEN 0.1:
- sync with CM
- new KK blobs (including cam, hwcomposer, GFX driver)
- new kernel 3.4.67
- fixed hotspot
- fixed rotation artefacts
Place the zip files in sdcard.
Reboot to recovery (Use Philz
Wipe data/factory reset.
Wipe dalvik Cache.
Install cm11.zip and gapps.
How to enable DualSim: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=2
How to swap memories (by @christian devs01 ) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764336
For bringing the first ever CM11 for an MT6589 device. (Link
CHD Development Group for all their support and testing.
Please press thanks on chrmhoffmann's thread, he really did an awesome job!
Original rom link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2676086
NextGen Kernel: https://github.com/kashifmin/tinno89...k/tree/cm-11.0
- more to come
CyanogenMod 11 For Canvas HD, ROM for the Micromax A116
Source Code: https://github.com/kashifmin/KashKernel_4.2
ROM OS Version: