Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Kernel][5.0.x][GRIMLOCK KERNEL][Dec 31 2014]

OP hardslog

Announcement from hardslog: Grimlock Kernel added to DevDB
25th January 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #601  
hardslog's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,417
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer Optimus

I'm not sure this is the place for this but:

recipe for target 'kernel/bounds.s' failed
make[1]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 1
Makefile:985: recipe for target 'prepare0' failed
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

I am working under Ubuntu 14.10 with Android NDK r10d and toolchain arm-linux-androideabi-4.9. Source code from GitHub indicated last update 19th January.

Are all of those questions following 'make menuconfig' normal? I went through grimlock_tegra3_defconfig and used the same answers as I found there.

It's fine to post that stuff here. You are learning to build a kernel.

Firstly I would invite you to have a read of this thread. This was my source when I first starting to compile a zImage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1748297

Secondly, I would not suggest a toolchain of 4.9. There are likely some references that I have not added to the source to make it compile with a gcc above 4.8. The safest bet would be to use the stock google 4.7 toolchain or to use the one from here: https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_prebuilt_toolchains. Once you get it working with that then you can start looking towards higher toolchains
The Following User Says Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2015, 11:59 AM   |  #602  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Hi @hardslog,

I have been building kernels that have the x-axis reversed for those of us who have the HannsTouch touchscreen from eBay. Is there anywhere I can post this for others who need the rebuilt kernel? I took directly from your lp5.0 git so hopefully that's the correct kernel build for grimlock 5.0.
29th January 2015, 03:07 PM   |  #603  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwind

Hi hardslog,

I have been building kernels that have the x-axis reversed for those of us who have the HannsTouch touchscreen from eBay. Is there anywhere I can post this for others who need the rebuilt kernel? I took directly from your lp5.0 git so hopefully that's the correct kernel build for grimlock 5.0.

Maybe we could join our efforts. I have also been building kernels for inverted touchscreen. I can offer builds for stock CM11, Grimlock 4.0 and 5.0. I plan to continue doing so along with kernel development. I'd like to learn more about how to build a recovery-flashable kernel instead of just an 'nvflash'-able one.

Kudos to the original ROM and kernel developers!
29th January 2015, 03:07 PM   |  #604  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hardslog,

I've managed to get the compiling working and have assembled a number of builds. It turns out that the screen flickering on my TF201 with your kernel comes from somewhere in the ramdisk and not the zImage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stargazer Optimus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2015, 03:45 PM   |  #605  
hardslog's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,417
 
1,418 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwind

Hi @hardslog,

I have been building kernels that have the x-axis reversed for those of us who have the HannsTouch touchscreen from eBay. Is there anywhere I can post this for others who need the rebuilt kernel? I took directly from your lp5.0 git so hopefully that's the correct kernel build for grimlock 5.0.

That's the correct one.

You can post your build wherever you'd like. Attach it to a post, upload it somewhere and link it, or I could even slap it in the downloads section if you'd like. Only thing I want to make sure is that if you share the download with the community that you also share your source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustkeg

Maybe we could join our efforts. I have also been building kernels for inverted touchscreen. I can offer builds for stock CM11, Grimlock 4.0 and 5.0. I plan to continue doing so along with kernel development. I'd like to learn more about how to build a recovery-flashable kernel instead of just an 'nvflash'-able one.

Kudos to the original ROM and kernel developers!

Feel free to drop into IRC freenode channel #zombi-x if you want to talk more about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer Optimus

Hardslog,

I've managed to get the compiling working and have assembled a number of builds. It turns out that the screen flickering on my TF201 with your kernel comes from somewhere in the ramdisk and not the zImage.

Thanks for the info. I think I may know why, and after one borked attempt because the kernel wouldn't re-blob properly, my work was focused on other things. (Omni/Zombi etc)
29th January 2015, 08:04 PM   |  #606  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

That's the correct one.

You can post your build wherever you'd like. Attach it to a post, upload it somewhere and link it, or I could even slap it in the downloads section if you'd like. Only thing I want to make sure is that if you share the download with the community that you also share your source.

The source is from a few places I found (same source, though I can't find it now, but it is here.) and is just an added line in atmel_maxtouch.c. Hairybean had made the driver so that you could echo "1" to a command added to the driver to turn the reverse axis on and off. I am woefully undereducated as to how to do that. But I can compile a kernel just fine. I would love to blob it so that I can replace the blob in your .zip and keep the preinit scripts intact.

Right now my current issue is that Grimlock 4.0 boots fine (including my custom kernel), but I've only gotten Grimlock 5.0 to boot once with KatKiss 5.0.2 #16. After a bit the boot animation locks up and I have to reboot.
Last edited by Angelwind; 29th January 2015 at 08:34 PM.
Today, 06:12 PM   |  #607  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
@hardslog - a minor issue found, in combination of your linaro version of 5.0 kernel included in Zombi-pop in combination with TF201 has a non-functional BT. I flashed your 5.0. kernel from this thread and BT is working just fine. Obligate picture twitching with opened SW keaboard present in both of them. Logcat uploaded in TF201 Zombi-pop forum

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes