Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Root] Nextbook 8 Quad Core NX785QC8G

OP mjj777

23rd January 2015, 04:46 PM   |  #221  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I rooted the tablet with kingo root and i change the system/etc/vold.fstab file and now my external sd card show like nand flash, thats excellent, but now the battery drain faster than never, some suggestion people? help me please ja ja, I was thinking of installing version 4.4 based on manual Nextbook used, they believe it can solve the problem with the battery drain? greetings and thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

believe the factory reset can help me?
26th January 2015, 11:03 AM   |  #222  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Quick Question is the black box Nextbook 8 the same model # as the blue and red box "limited editions"? I have the red NX785QC8G "Limited Edition" Other than the fact that the LE comes stock with android 4.4.2 on it, it also has slightly different physical dimension...

Some simple problems I have found with KK v2.1 on my NX785QC8G:

- Certain GIGL (GameInsight) Games such as "Flower House" and "My Railways" will suddenly just exit while playing or loading and occasionally cause the tab to shutoff. Did not do this with the stock 4.4.2 (Even after I rooted it)
- Line by Line Corporation reports an error when trying to log in via facebook, when you click ok it returns to sign in
- Line by Line Corporation will report an error and ask you to retry or cancel when logging in via email. If you click retry it will keep asking you to retry. If you click cancel it will exit, once this happens it automatically goes to the retry/cancel option when you reload until you clear data or uninstall.
- I love Coffee by Line Corporation will load to 9% then stop and after a while will report no network connectivity and ask you to reconnect to the internet.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any information on how to fix this problem Renfuyu~
PS: Has any tried the Lollipop release on their NX875QC8P? I am thinking of trying it out on mine.
Last edited by renfuyu; 26th January 2015 at 11:07 AM.
27th January 2015, 07:05 AM   |  #223  
BBobby's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
89 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
I made the mistake to partition the 32gb sd card-that is recognised as the internal memory. I used APart. So now my tablet only recognises 16gb. I tried to reformat to 32 GB but it asks for me to unmount SD, which is not possible. I also think that the system confuses the SD "swap" and I cannot do it through recovery either
Any ideas?
27th January 2015, 09:33 AM   |  #224  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Can you pop the sdcard into a laptop or PC and reformat it there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
28th January 2015, 08:59 AM   |  #225  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Just some updates.

Quote:

Some simple problems I have found with KK v2.1 on my NX785QC8G:

- Certain GIGL (GameInsight) Games such as "Flower House" and "My Railways" will suddenly just exit while playing or loading and occasionally cause the tab to shutoff. Did not do this with the stock 4.4.2 (Even after I rooted it)

I disabled the ViPER4Android FX and the issue is now resolved, just to further test it I re-enabled ViPER4Android FX and the issue returned.

Quote:

- Line by Line Corporation reports an error when trying to log in via facebook, when you click ok it returns to sign in
- Line by Line Corporation will report an error and ask you to retry or cancel when logging in via email. If you click retry it will keep asking you to retry. If you click cancel it will exit, once this happens it automatically goes to the retry/cancel option when you reload until you clear data or uninstall.
- I love Coffee by Line Corporation will load to 9% then stop and after a while will report no network connectivity and ask you to reconnect to the internet.

Have not found a resolution to these issues yet, I have cleared the cache, data, uninstalled and reinstalled several times even added it to RootCloak list to no avail.

Also note to others using this Rom, some games by Kairosoft such as "Beasty Bay" and "Dream Day Homes" detect root and won't run. You can use RootCloak on Xposed by adding them to the "Add/Remove Apps" option.

Also was wondering if anyone was able to get a bluetooth dongle working with this mod?
Last edited by renfuyu; 28th January 2015 at 09:05 AM.
31st January 2015, 01:42 AM   |  #226  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Does a BT dongle work on this tablet? Also I see the rom has usb hub enabled, does this allow the tablet to read from several usb devices at once? Also how is the screen in direct sunlight?
Last edited by UMGixxer; 31st January 2015 at 03:42 AM.
31st January 2015, 08:22 AM   |  #227  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMGixxer

Does a BT dongle work on this tablet?

I have not gotten mine to work yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMGixxer

Also I see the rom has usb hub enabled, does this allow the tablet to read from several usb devices at once?

the only usb hub I have caused the tablet to just power down no warning or power sequence when I plugged it in, might be because it isn't a self powered hub tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMGixxer

Also how is the screen in direct sunlight?

Not too bad at low brightness can be seen but is hardly viewable, at higher settings tho it is viewable
31st January 2015, 11:02 PM   |  #228  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
If anyone is interested in freeing up some ROM space on Oma's v2.1 you can delete odex files in /system/app (13.45mb), /system/framework (27.43mb) and /system/priv-app (7.32mb) and delete the file /system/media/nxm/nxmdemo.mp4 (34.3mb) to increase your ROM free space from a moderate 72mb to a whopping 155mb (nearly double the system space).

Keep in mind that odex files are prepossessed files allowing the applications to load into dalvik cache faster, you should rebuild classes.dex after deleting odexes. I recommend just deleting the nxmdemo.mp4 file you will still end up with a moderate 106mb of ROM.

PS: Also note that removing the odex for launcher3.apk causes launcher3 to crash a lot even after rebuilding classes.dex[/QUOTE]
PSS: You can use 3C Tool Box or the Pro version with Xposed installer to delete the odexes and rebuild classes.dex at the same time.
Last edited by renfuyu; 31st January 2015 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Update
Yesterday, 01:32 AM   |  #229  
PiggyFlooper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
354 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by renfuyu

If anyone is interested in freeing up some ROM space on Oma's v2.1 you can delete odex files in /system/app (13.45mb), /system/framework (27.43mb) and /system/priv-app (7.32mb) and delete the file /system/media/nxm/nxmdemo.mp4 (34.3mb) to increase your ROM free space from a moderate 72mb to a whopping 155mb (nearly double the system space).

Keep in mind that odex files are prepossessed files allowing the applications to load into dalvik cache faster, you should rebuild classes.dex after deleting odexes. I recommend just deleting the nxmdemo.mp4 file you will still end up with a moderate 106mb of ROM.

PS: Also note that removing the odex for launcher3.apk causes launcher3 to crash a lot even after rebuilding classes.dex

PSS: You can use 3C Tool Box or the Pro version with Xposed installer to delete the odexes and rebuild classes.dex at the same time.[/QUOTE]

What's the purpose in freeing space on /system when the dex will be built in dalvic cache on data partition? If the memory is there might as well use it saving space for more user apps. And after deleting the odexes, all that is needed to rebuild is a reboot
pps- sounds like a pro app plug to me

Sent from above using Xparent Tapatalk
Yesterday, 02:35 AM   |  #230  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyFlooper

What's the purpose in freeing space on /system when the dex will be built in dalvic cache on data partition? If the memory is there might as well use it saving space for more user apps. And after deleting the odexes, all that is needed to rebuild is a reboot
pps- sounds like a pro app plug to me

Why would it be a pro app plug? I stated the free version would do it just fine >.>, I put the info out there for anyone that needed the system space for whatever reason anyone may have, like restoring an old system app someone may have liked or integrating system updates into the ROM (Yes I already know a few people who have wanted or needed to do this for space reasons, as odd as it may sound to run out of 4gb of data space it does happen), or maybe if Oma releases a newer version he could use the space from deleting the demo video. If you re-read my post I did explain that removing the odexes does slow the system down and I only recommended removing the demo video since after all why keep a 34mb video on there when the demo software itself is gone anyways? Also maybe its just me but my tab seems more responsive with that extra 34mb free in ROM.

I had to clear the dalvik plus rebuild the classes.dex myself because rebooting did NOT rebuild it properly which caused launcher3, google play services and play store to constantly report they were crashing. Doing just 1 of those things did not stop it completely, both had to be done.
Last edited by renfuyu; Yesterday at 02:43 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes