Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][Vzw] ViperOneM8 3.2.1 Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

OP Turge

Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ
28th January 2015, 09:32 PM   |  #4611  
Thanks Meter: 4

74 posts
I tried flashing the zip from Tigerstown via fastboot and I got this error after "writing 'zip'...": "FAILED (remote: not allowed)"

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked this time. I must have done something wrong the first time.
Last edited by craichead; 28th January 2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: False alarm
29th January 2015, 09:07 AM   |  #4612  
Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
Thanks Meter: 21,100

4,808 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craichead

I tried flashing the zip from Tigerstown via fastboot and I got this error after "writing 'zip'...": "FAILED (remote: not allowed)"

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked this time. I must have done something wrong the first time.

you were not in Ruu flashing mode (fastboot oem rebootRUU) (-:
29th January 2015, 03:37 PM   |  #4613  
Thanks Meter: 4

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j to the 4n

you were not in Ruu flashing mode (fastboot oem rebootRUU) (-:

I'll take your word for it.
31st January 2015, 06:30 PM   |  #4614  
Flag Fairfield
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy I Must Be missing Something (Sim Card Issue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr

The sim error caused play store problems for me also. 3.1.0 installed without any problem so you can go through setup there and then dirty flash 3.2.1 over it. I don't know any other way to fix it.

Sent from my Tab 2 using Tapatalk

PieceKeepr,

I did what you said - I wiped my phone, installed 3.1.0 (not easy to find BTW).

I went throught the setup process just fine. Never got the Sim Card message. After setup, I tried the MyVerizon App/Widget (bandwidth meter). It worked perfectly (i.e. it recognized my phone/account).

I then did a dirty flash of 3.2.1 over it. Upon reboot I didn't get the SIM card message (yea!). But then I tried the MyVerizon App and my phone was not recognized. I have to enter my phone number/password each time.

I ran AnTuTu and that was not able to determine my phone either. It was listed as non-verified.

When I look in the Play store the phone does not have a carrier associated with the phone.

I think all of these (and who knows what other things) are symptoms of the SIM card issue.

It didnt seem to be an issue on 3.1.0, but why does it happen on 3.2.1 or more importantly - any suggestions on how to fix? I fear I will find other issues with worse ramifications?!

Thanks,

A (SIMple) Bug
Yesterday, 01:44 AM   |  #4615  
Thanks Meter: 14

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bug

PieceKeepr,

I did what you said - I wiped my phone, installed 3.1.0 (not easy to find BTW).

I went throught the setup process just fine. Never got the Sim Card message. After setup, I tried the MyVerizon App/Widget (bandwidth meter). It worked perfectly (i.e. it recognized my phone/account).

I then did a dirty flash of 3.2.1 over it. Upon reboot I didn't get the SIM card message (yea!). But then I tried the MyVerizon App and my phone was not recognized. I have to enter my phone number/password each time.

I ran AnTuTu and that was not able to determine my phone either. It was listed as non-verified.

When I look in the Play store the phone does not have a carrier associated with the phone.

I think all of these (and who knows what other things) are symptoms of the SIM card issue.

It didnt seem to be an issue on 3.1.0, but why does it happen on 3.2.1 or more importantly - any suggestions on how to fix? I fear I will find other issues with worse ramifications?!

Thanks,

A (SIMple) Bug

Could maybe be an APN issue. No way to set the APN unfortunately.

I have issues with MMS sending severely reduced quality pictures likely due to my APN being jacked up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 04:56 AM   |  #4616  
Flag Fairfield
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Link200,

Its interesting that you mention that. Because now that I think about it, I've not been able to use HelloSMS for group messaging and Pictures. So this makes at least four symptoms. When I did try Textra it appeared to reconfigure my APN the first time I used it.

I can't be the only one this is happening to. What could be different btwn 3.1.0 and 3.2.5 that's causing this? And/or is there a simple fix or do I just hold tight for the next version?

A (mystified) bug

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 05:26 AM   |  #4617  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 210

1,008 posts
More
I haven't found any other problems than those I already mentioned. I can't clean flash the rom and I have nothing at all under APNs.

My Verizon app works for me, even after a reboot so you might try clearing the app cache and data and maybe reinstalling it.

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 12:17 PM   |  #4618  
Thanks Meter: 39

204 posts
I had an issue similar to this my phone worked with Verizon like it was supposed to, but it would not connect to my network extender the phone was not recognized as Verizon anymore, tried different roms, flashing different firmware and even returning to stock and that didn't fix it until I returned to stock recovery and did a factory reset, after that it all worked properly again. But what a hassle it was, now waiting for new updated version of the rom to try flashing. Love the Rom can't wait, till then I'll remain on rdkn.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by moeduss; Yesterday at 12:19 PM.
Yesterday, 02:33 PM   |  #4619  
Thanks Meter: 14

72 posts
More
I was able to see my APN after pulling my Sim card and starting the phone. Everything except the name was greyed out and it was missing one of the ports for MMS.

I can't fix the port since it is completely locked down. I can't add a new APN either.
Last edited by Link200; Yesterday at 02:38 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread