[Q] Enter Network Unlock Code

Search This thread

DevourDarkness

Apr 17, 2012
I'm S-OFF running albinoman887's CM10.2 rom and I wish to switch providers. I inserted the new sim and expected it to prompt me with 'enter sim unlock' or something like that for which I have the code for from my provider. Instead, it simply says 'no service' in the notification pull down and I can't see where to enter it.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I'm S-OFF running albinoman887's CM10.2 rom and I wish to switch providers. I inserted the new sim and expected it to prompt me with 'enter sim unlock' or something like that for which I have the code for from my provider. Instead, it simply says 'no service' in the notification pull down and I can't see where to enter it.

Hi :) follow this guide here (method 2) and you will gain sim unlock, but remember you will need to temporarily downgrade to gingerbread firmware. so your process should be

Make a nandroid back up!
Download gingerbread firmware from the firmware thread, and flash it to your phone from hboot. (also download the firmware our currently on to save time :) )
load up the diag.zip onto your sdcard and boot into hboot.
follow through the process and clean s58 data, this will remove your simlock :)
then re-flash your modern firmware, IE 3.33 or 3.32, whichever you had.
lastly reboot into recovery and full wipe, then restore your nandroid back up. then you should reboot without issue and your phone will run any carrier :)

just be careful with the firmware and make sure that the download was successful using a m5d. firmware flashing should not be taken lightly but if you read the thread and check m5d's you will 100% safe and within 5-10 minutes, not including download time, you will be back to your cm10 rom with sim unlock :)

Any Q's just ask :)

Reactions: DevourDarkness

DevourDarkness

Apr 17, 2012
Sorry to resurrect the thread but I'm still having problems after following the guide - I can't get data working and I have to constantly reselect my network manually. When I followed the process I didn't flash the gingerbread firmware, could that be the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi :) follow this guide here (method 2) and you will gain sim unlock, but remember you will need to temporarily downgrade to gingerbread firmware. so your process should be

Make a nandroid back up!
    Download gingerbread firmware from the firmware thread, and flash it to your phone from hboot. (also download the firmware our currently on to save time :) )
    load up the diag.zip onto your sdcard and boot into hboot.
    follow through the process and clean s58 data, this will remove your simlock :)
    then re-flash your modern firmware, IE 3.33 or 3.32, whichever you had.
    lastly reboot into recovery and full wipe, then restore your nandroid back up. then you should reboot without issue and your phone will run any carrier :)

just be careful with the firmware and make sure that the download was successful using a m5d. firmware flashing should not be taken lightly but if you read the thread and check m5d's you will 100% safe and within 5-10 minutes, not including download time, you will be back to your cm10 rom with sim unlock :)

Any Q's just ask :)