FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

UNROOTED: passimg.zip install-Paid Apps

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By phillycreamboy, Senior Member on 11th March 2010, 05:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
If I install the new EPE54B firmware on an unrooted Nexus One using the passimg.zip method to install, will I not be able to use any apps that a paid apps? I purchased Touchdown for Exchange support on the Nexus One and I want to make sure that I will still be able to use that app as I need Exchange Calendar support which Nexus One does not have.

Please Help :)
Last edited by phillycreamboy; 11th March 2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
 
 
11th March 2010, 05:35 PM |#2  
xsnipuhx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Should be in Q&A
11th March 2010, 11:06 PM |#3  
Brajin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycreamboy

If I install the new EPE54B firmware on an unrooted Nexus One using the passimg.zip method to install, will I not be able to use any apps that a paid apps? I purchased Touchdown for Exchange support on the Nexus One and I want to make sure that I will still be able to use that app as I need Exchange Calendar support which Nexus One does not have.

Please Help :)

Belongs in Q&A. Flash and find out. Do a Nand first.
11th March 2010, 11:57 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajin

Belongs in Q&A. Flash and find out. Do a Nand first.

Er... unrooted, remember. If it doesn't work (which I suspect it won't), there is no way back without unlocking the handset.
12th March 2010, 01:24 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Are you saying that you expect Touchdown not to work?
12th March 2010, 04:43 AM |#6  
craigacgomez's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lake Forest, CA
Thanks Meter: 3,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycreamboy

Are you saying that you expect Touchdown not to work?

The apps you paid for will work fine... it's just that the Market does not recognise the EPE54B build... it looks for the latest general public release (ERE27)... you could do an adb pull and backup all your paid apps to ur pc and the install them via adb later..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes