[APP][2.2+] AirStream: Access your computer like a Dropbox

Search This thread

wingchun108tek

Jan 19, 2009
The MSI file does not want to install on my PC, regardless of how many firewalls and antivirus is a disable.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ravijani

Jan 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Moto G
The MSI file does not want to install on my PC, regardless of how many firewalls and antivirus is a disable.

I'm still having that issue with the MSI file on my Windows 7 computer

you try to give temp folder to allow execute permission.
msi try to do that.
go to start > run > type %temp% > enter folder.
go one folder back.
right click there on temp folder and go to properties.
allow there users to read write access.

then try again.
if doesnt work restart computer.

btw great app indeed. still nothing like it.
i use it everytime to watch movies or listen songs on my phone.
thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: wingchun108tek

wingchun108tek

Jan 19, 2009
Thank you, I finally got it working. The app works really well, sometimes it takes me off and then I have to reconnect but it works pretty good. One thing I did notice however is that it adds extra folders that don't exist on my actual desktop , almost as if it's renaming the existing folders but as duplicates. When you click on these folders it crashes the app , or cancel the connection and then I have to re-login and reconnect.

Pablo87

Jul 26, 2010
near Novi Sad
I can't access my pc from anywhere, app only works in local network...
Every time I turn on my PC i got message: "if you wish to use airstream over internet restart your router" and of course restart of router doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

block

Sep 18, 2006
Ever since I believe I updated my phone to android 4.4.2 I cannot connect to Airstream any more. No other similar programs like Emit work either. What is going on here?

TheAndroidNinja

Apr 28, 2014
Kolkata
Hi Friends,

Would love your feedback on our app - AirStream

We have built this awesome app using which you can access your files from Computer on Mobile devices from anywhere in the world. As you might have also experienced most of our data like movies, music, photos & even important work documents are still residing in our computers. Even today there is no easy way to access them on Mobile devices. But with our solution this is as easy as using Dropbox, imagine accessing all your files from your computer from anywhere in the world without any limit on GBs.

What you will love:
1. Access alll your drives & files
2. Easy & quick movie streaming
3. Integrated music player.. create playlists, import playlists, etc
4. Access computer over 3G/4G

Attached are the new builds that we will release on Google Play. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Procedure:
1. Install the apk in android
2. Copy the .jar version of AirStream desktop client to your computer & run it.
3. Login on both ends using the same credentials.
(both the .apk & .jar have been zipped due to size constraints. We have a .msi version but not able to upload due to size constraints)

Check the screenshots for your reference.

Awaiting your feedback.. feel free to reach us at contactus@nityaalabs.com :)

Edit::
An older version of this is available on Google Play. The changes to the new version are:
1. Patched AirStream-Sky functionality on Android. Older version had a bug which prevented the app from accessing computer on external network. (There is still a issue on Desktop app, which sometimes require a router reset to access computer on external network)
2. Added indicator to notify whether the app is working on Local Wifi network or external network.
3. Much better graphics & UX. The app is much slicker & smoother than older one.

I like this app,but it says if you want to use airstream over internet,please restart your router

what should i do now??
i did restart but no effect,help me please??

topcat0

Feb 7, 2012
Yeah, I can't access over the Internet either. I have ver. 5.0.3 on my win7 and 3.1 on KitKat 4.4.4. I have restarted the router several times to no avail. Wi-Fi works great. Thoughts?

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
Is the server down?

Yesterday my android app was updated to ver 3.3

and it asked me to update my pc companion app to the latest version (icon like a balloon)

On the PC side it just says 'server not responding - try later'

S1eB

Jul 29, 2013
Sorry to bring up and old topic but I have found a fix that might work for people that can't get airstream to work.

In the folder PC Airstream server installs to there is an update tool, run that. It may take a minute or two but it will install Airstream server version 4 (at least it did for me) I know this is an older version but it works where version 5.1.2 doesn't.
Hope this helps people who are having probs.

Last edited:

slm858uk

May 9, 2011
I dont have an update tool and i cant get version 5.1.2 to work even if im running the server on the same network as my phone.

How can i try to get this to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Friends,

We have built this awesome app using which you can access your files from Computer on Mobile devices from anywhere in the world. As you might have also experienced most of our data like movies, music, photos & even important work documents are still residing in our computers. Even today there is no easy way to access them on Mobile devices. But with our solution this is as easy as using Dropbox, imagine accessing all your files from your computer from anywhere in the world without any limit on GBs.

What you will love:

Attached are the new builds that we will release on Google Play. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Procedure:
    (both the .apk & .jar have been zipped due to size constraints. We have a .msi version but not able to upload due to size constraints)

Awaiting your feedback.. feel free to reach us at contactus@nityaalabs.com :)

Edit::
    An older version of this is available on Google Play. The changes to the new version are:
    1. Patched AirStream-Sky functionality on Android. Older version had a bug which prevented the app from accessing computer on external network. (There is still a issue on Desktop app, which sometimes require a router reset to access computer on external network)
    2. Added indicator to notify whether the app is working on Local Wifi network or external network.
    3. Much better graphics & UX. The app is much slicker & smoother than older one.
    Hi Friends,

What you will love:

Procedure:

Awaiting your feedback.. feel free to reach us at contactus@nityaalabs.com
    :)

Link to Google Play
    Link to downloading pc client
    Link to website
    isn't the app already available on Google play?

Edit: saw this version is different than that of Google play..
    Can u update the post with changes in the attached apk?

Yes, I wanted to post the Play Store link, but could not since it was restricted for being a first time member on XDA forums. I will make the edits in the main post. Thanks :)
    This is somewhat similar to emit

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Similar yes from what it does. But from user-experience wise, the way it connects, integrated media player, AirStream is very different & better. Give it a try :)
    Playback control are included in Windows client?

Right now the playback controls are only on the mobile app. Windows client only acts as a server, you login and it allows the mobile device to connect with it. Media playback & everything else is done from the Mobile app.. Hope you find is useful :)