FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Unreliable alarm clock / sound disappears

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Cfager, Junior Member on 24th March 2014, 09:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi

I've had a problem with Sony Xperia Z, Z1 and now the Z1 compact. The alarm clock is unreliable. Not the clock itself actually, every now and then (2-3 times a month) the sound just disappears. This means the alarm clock goes off, but no sound to wake you. When I check, there is no ring sound, sms sound until a reboot.

The only times this happens is during the night, never experienced it at daytime. I've tried to google this, but it seems like I am the only one with this issue. Had it with 3 sony phones witch I guess use some of the same software from Sony..

Anyone else had this? solved it?

24th March 2014, 01:39 PM |#2  
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,509

More
Never had an issue with this Phone or my Z.

...Sent from Zed
2nd September 2014, 09:17 AM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfager

Hi

I've had a problem with Sony Xperia Z, Z1 and now the Z1 compact. The alarm clock is unreliable. Not the clock itself actually, every now and then (2-3 times a month) the sound just disappears. This means the alarm clock goes off, but no sound to wake you. When I check, there is no ring sound, sms sound until a reboot.

The only times this happens is during the night, never experienced it at daytime. I've tried to google this, but it seems like I am the only one with this issue. Had it with 3 sony phones witch I guess use some of the same software from Sony..

Anyone else had this? solved it?

My phone's started doing this recently and has risked me losing my job because of it, I downloaded a second alarm app to be reliable, apparently it's happened to my mate on his Z1 too and he said that I should do a system update and it won't happen again, however I think I'm up to date on my version, other than that I recommend doing a factory reset. Hope this helps.
2nd September 2014, 10:00 AM |#4  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 433

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Never had an issue with this Phone or my Z.

...Sent from Zed

+1, never had a problem with alarms and sound

Could it be some other 3rd party app interfering with volume? Do you have a media player that stays on?
2nd February 2015, 09:16 AM |#5  

More
Could it be "Stamina"
I have experienced this my self. I use "Alarm Clock Xtreme Free v3.6.11".
Could these issues be caused by the phone being in "Stamina" mode. This is a battery saving mode that Sony has. It turns of WiFi and other things when screen is off.
Maybe it also turns off alarms or even apps in general?
3rd February 2015, 10:38 AM |#6  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 209

More
I had same problem, but it was because I wanted "my" sound for alarm or ringing...
But if you use "system" sounds, this should not happen - take the phone to repair center...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread